Lee Radford.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

FFS. When will my club stop accepting mediocrity?

We thought he was mediocre when he was at the Bulls. Didn't half miss his tackling rate when he left though.

He's a proper pro workhorse, and he doesn't hide when he makes a mistake.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Who?

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

I'm sure he's accepted a reduced wage packet to get the 2 year deal - Always thought he'd end his playing days at Hull ;)

As previously stated, he's a defensive workhorse and gets through the mundane graft that doesn't make him shine.

Personally I'm glad !!!

Now who wants' Dowes ?????

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Ungrateful bastards!

Fighting for fourth and have a tireless donkey at their disposal.

Waah, waah. :rolleyes:

;)

Edited, etc, etc...

Hes just gone up in my estimations. Though I would have liked him even more had he landed a few more.

I almost agree. If he had let Bailey get to his feet and then knocked him down again, I would have really admired his effort. However, if you analyse what he did, he's as big a 'cheap shot merchant' as the afore-mentioned Ryan. Bailey was on all-fours and unable to defend himself. Not nice. Man up! Let him get to his feet and then hit him. That would get respect.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

So what, Bailey knew exactly what he was doing when he was striking the top of Lee Radfords head with his elbow. If you want to dish it out then youve got to be ready to take it back whenever it comes. Bailey picked on the wrong one.

Whilst I agree with you in principle, on this one, Bailey won, Hull were down to 12 for 70m.

So what, Bailey knew exactly what he was doing when he was striking the top of Lee Radfords head with his elbow. If you want to dish it out then youve got to be ready to take it back whenever it comes. Bailey picked on the wrong one.

Er... Did you watch the game? Bailey took it and played the rest of the game. Radford dished out some cheap shots and got sent off, which probably cost his team the game. Radford hit Bailey when Bailey was on all fours and couldn't hit back, so how was Radford "ready to take it back"?

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see Ryan get his comeuppence. But in a 'fair fight', like Peacock did with Mason. The argument against Bailey is that he often starts the fights and then goes into hiding. That wasn't the case last night.

Edited by tonyXIII

I almost agree. If he had let Bailey get to his feet and then knocked him down again, I would have really admired his effort. However, if you analyse what he did, he's as big a 'cheap shot merchant' as the afore-mentioned Ryan. Bailey was on all-fours and unable to defend himself. Not nice. Man up! Let him get to his feet and then hit him. That would get respect.

Can't agree Tony. If you're going to retaliate, you're hardly going to hang around. It's a spur of the moment thing, you lose your cool. Seems the players are with the fans re. bailey and his cheap shots. One thing I'm certain of though, if Bailey feels like climbing into the boxing ring to raise more money for the Steve Prescott foundation, Lee Radford will be more than happy to take him on..

Can't agree Tony. If you're going to retaliate, you're hardly going to hang around. It's a spur of the moment thing, you lose your cool. Seems the players are with the fans re. bailey and his cheap shots. One thing I'm certain of though, if Bailey feels like climbing into the boxing ring to raise more money for the Steve Prescott foundation, Lee Radford will be more than happy to take him on..

Boy, you were quick off the mark. I slightly edited my original post, but you beat me to it!

I agree with you. Bring it on. Radford v Bailey in the ring would raise a lot of money, but I'm not sure Bailey would want to know. My point is that he couldn't defend himself, so Radford's punches were 'cheap shots'. To illustrate Bailey's mindset, as it was 'calming down', he tried to get at Radford whose arms were being held by a couple of other players. Of course he wanted to fight then, Radford couldn't have defended himself! It works both ways.

I'd still like to have seen them go at it toe-to-toe! My money would have been on Lee!

is lee not east hull coach thi year? if he is hows he guna coach hull u15s and east hull and play? could be very busy man

I believe so, the Wigan St Pats programme yesterday said he'd seen his senses and returned.

If you read the Hull FC press release about Radford's contract extension, it suggests he's no longer the coach at East Hull and coaches Hull RUFC instead.

http://www.hullfc.com/hullfc/contents/?p=6720

If you read the Hull FC press release about Radford's contract extension, it suggests he's no longer the coach at East Hull and coaches Hull RUFC instead.

http://www.hullfc.com/hullfc/contents/?p=6720

Could be right, just repeating what the programme yesterday said;

Hello and welcome once again to Clarington Park todays visitors are our good friends East Hull who welcome back head coach Lee Radford who has spent a season coaching Hull RU before regaining his senses and returning to league.

Could be right, just repeating what the programme yesterday said;

:D Love that programme quote.

And it wouldn't be the first time Hull FC have got it wrong. :rolleyes: