Wigan best supported SL team

ANd Catalns have lost over 2,000 supporters!!!!

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/ne...ttendances.html

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Does anyone have the full list of attendance figures for every team.

Saints average this year was 11,184 which is down very slightly from 11,195 last year

I'm guessing that this will put us around 4th on the list behind Wigan, Leeds & Hull

Edited by Saint Toppy

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

ANd Catalns have lost over 2,000 supporters!!!!

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/ne...ttendances.html

Hardly surprising about Catalans, they have been bloody awful.

Not great news that 10 teams have seen their crowds drop.

Wigan.....15,723 10.4

Leeds......15,355 -2.7

Hull FC.....13,731 3.7

St Helens..11,191 -2.5

Warrington.10,945 15.8

Bradford....8,436 -14.7

Hull KR......8,234 -3.6

Huddersfield...7,386 -7.1

Catalans.....6,806 -34.6

Castleford...6,616 -13.2

Wakefield....5,983 -0.9

Crusaders...4,616 20.5

Salford......4,166 -7.2

Harlequins...3,379 -1.7

Catalans were always gonna have a lower attendance average this year. There was no Barcelona game to bump up the figures, and there was a reduction in capacity for a few games due to ground revamps. Now, that's even before considering their shocking performances!

The drop out Bradford and Castleford is quite bad. Huddersfield's was a bit bad as well. The rest are relatively minor. Quite disappointed that Saints managed a drop considering it's their last year at Knowsley Road. You'd have thought it'd be their biggest yet! And Leeds' have been dropping for a few seasons now. Gone are the 17k averages it seems. They don't seem to pull in the big crowds for the big games like they used to.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

considering the financial climate i think its pretty good.. major shifts can be put down to form etc rather than every dropping etc.. i would say this is all quite good.. the drops (bar perhaps huddersfield) can be righted by sorting out the on field issues rather than sitting there thinking, #### no one has any money and no one is turning up.. (saints and hull kr are 2-3% which could just be fluctuations or actually a recession based drop but 2 from 14 down to that is good)

I suppose you have to take into account the recession and the fact people don't have a whole lot of spare cash at the moment. I'm hopeful we'll see a significant increase in some averages over the next few years. Leeds redevelopment of the South Stand coupled with better on field performances should see them back up to the 17,000 mark, Wigan have some good marketing going on so perhaps still room to grow? St Helens crowds should get a shot in the arm once they move into their new stadium, then there's Bradford's season ticket offer next year. I suppose Hull KR could break the 10,000 barrier one day if they redevelop Craven Park to the extent that they can pull in some real big crowds for the big games. Any other teams with new stadiums *should* see their crowds rise.

Speaking as a leeds fan i don't think the average crowd is that bad when you consider the topsy turvy season we've had. To lose just a couple of hundred fans on last years figures isn't too bad in this economic climate.

Bear with me - its not as stupid a question as you might first think...........

Is there an agreed method for calculating the crowd in Super League? I am fairly sure that Championship clubs all have differing methods, some including season ticket holders regardless of attendance in every match day figure, others don't and I am sure there must be other anomalies based on free tickets, match day offers and corporates etc.

Just wondered if we are looking at like for like figures?

With regard Harlequins, I what effect trips to Catalans, Magic Weekend and to a lesser extent Crusaders have had on reducing visitor numbers?

I bet the same can be said to an extent for Catalans, I bet plenty make the trip the first time, then occasional years there after, but its a big ask financially from a sport that needs to sell cup final tickets at a tenner ahead to entice fans, for them to make it an annual trip to France.

Wigan.....15,723 10.4

Leeds......15,355 -2.7

Hull FC.....13,731 3.7

St Helens..11,191 -2.5

Warrington.10,945 15.8

Bradford....8,436 -14.7

Hull KR......8,234 -3.6

Catalans.....6,806 -34.6

Castleford...6,616 -13.2

Wakefield....5,983 -0.9

Crusaders...4,616 20.5

Salford......4,166 -7.2

Harlequins...3,379 -1.7

Sorry but I'm just a little picky with the % drop for Saints. It's not 2.5% drop

For example

Saints got 11195 in 2009

Saints get 11185 in 2010

That is not a drop of 2.5%. Remember if you have 100 people a drop of 10 people would be 10%, if you have 1000 people a drop of 10 people is 1% drop if you have 10000 people 10 less people is a drop of 0.1%.

It's all about da bass

Wigan.....15,723 10.4

Leeds......15,355 -2.7

Hull FC.....13,731 3.7

St Helens..11,191 -2.5

Warrington.10,945 15.8

Bradford....8,436 -14.7

Hull KR......8,234 -3.6

Catalans.....6,806 -34.6

Castleford...6,616 -13.2

Wakefield....5,983 -0.9

Crusaders...4,616 20.5

Salford......4,166 -7.2

Harlequins...3,379 -1.7

I bet Neil's a bit worried after he said Rovers need average 10,000 gates this season. Now where's my calculator.

rldfsignature.jpg

Sorry but I'm just a little picky with the % drop for Saints. It's not 2.5% drop

For example

Saints got 11195 in 2009

Saints get 11185 in 2010

That is not a drop of 2.5%. Remember if you have 100 people a drop of 10 people would be 10%, if you have 1000 people a drop of 10 people is 1% drop if you have 10000 people 10 less people is a drop of 0.1%.

I copied it off another poster on RLFans, so if it's wrong it ain't my fault! :D

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

For me, Castleford's is perhaps the most surprising. They've not had a bad season, they missed out on the play offs by a gnats wing yet their crowds have dropped alarmingly. Perhaps there is a good explanation I am missing. Bradford's crowds are well documented but Castleford have lost almost as many in terms of percentage.

Salford's crowds once again woeful, but perhaps there will be a decent increase next year because their squad looks decent. Next year is going to be interesting, to say the least. One club is going to spend some of the year facing three years of demotion, minimum. In order to prevent that certain clubs are going to go all out to make sure its not them.

With regard Harlequins, I what effect trips to Catalans, Magic Weekend and to a lesser extent Crusaders have had on reducing visitor numbers?

I bet the same can be said to an extent for Catalans, I bet plenty make the trip the first time, then occasional years there after, but its a big ask financially from a sport that needs to sell cup final tickets at a tenner ahead to entice fans, for them to make it an annual trip to France.

I reckon the crowds at Catalans in the first few years were artificially high due to UK fans making the trip over.

I would expect fewer to go over as the years progress - they will need to make up these numbers with locals

For me, Castleford's is perhaps the most surprising. They've not had a bad season, they missed out on the play offs by a gnats wing yet their crowds have dropped alarmingly. Perhaps there is a good explanation I am missing. Bradford's crowds are well documented but Castleford have lost almost as many in terms of percentage.

Salford's crowds once again woeful, but perhaps there will be a decent increase next year because their squad looks decent. Next year is going to be interesting, to say the least. One club is going to spend some of the year facing three years of demotion, minimum. In order to prevent that certain clubs are going to go all out to make sure its not them.

Agreed - the big problem was approximately around the time we got beat by Barrow in the cup - for about 6 weeks we were dreadful, the club was being fined and there was no confidence around a new stadium and getting a franchise.

The fact that we were 5 minutes off the play offs is quite remarkable

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

The Wigan Marketing Team have been outstanding. The RFL Marketing Team could / should learn from them. The Lanc teams figures are even more impressive when you consider there are more York clubs in SL than Lancs ones. The entry of Widnes at the expense of Wakefield in the next round of franchises will boost Lancastrian averages.

The Wigan Marketing Team have been outstanding. The RFL Marketing Team could / should learn from them. The Lanc teams figures are even more impressive when you consider there are more York clubs in SL than Lancs ones. The entry of Widnes at the expense of Wakefield in the next round of franchises will boost Lancastrian averages.
Sorry Allan, it looks like I am following round you on this board challenging your views, and that isn't the case! :P

I'm interested in the above statement you make. What have Wigan done that was so impressive this year, that the RFL haven't?

Sorry Allan, it looks like I am following round you on this board challenging your views, and that isn't the case! :P

I'm interested in the above statement you make. What have Wigan done that was so impressive this year, that the RFL haven't?

Wigan sent their marketing team to the USA in the close season and linked up with baseball / american football clubs to see how they marketed events / clubs etc. Wigan took what they gleaned and applied it to Wigan RLFC. Mick Hogan did a superb job until he left for Sale but Simon Collinson has been fantastic for the club and still is.

The RFL marketing has never been very good IMO since David Howes left and that is a long time ago.

Wigan sent their marketing team to the USA in the close season and linked up with baseball / american football clubs to see how they marketed events / clubs etc. Wigan took what they gleaned and applied it to Wigan RLFC. Mick Hogan did a superb job until he left for Sale but Simon Collinson has been fantastic for the club and still is.

The RFL marketing has never been very good IMO since David Howes left and that is a long time ago.

I have praised Wigan's marketing efforts on numerous occasions this year, however I have also praised the RFL's too. Compared to most SL clubs Wigan's has been excellent, but I still have not seen them do anything that the RFL have not also done.

Limited cheap seats for the Big One 2 - the RFL started that last year with

Several significant reasons.

Our first two home games of the season - Warrington and Hull KR - who bring large crowds were on Sky. That massively affected our crowds.

Then the game against Leeds was on Sky, again knocking off a few thousand I guess. Not to mention both Bradford (re-arranged to 11:30am due to World Cup) and Catalans (played on a Tuesday night!) were altered.

As it is, nearly half of our games have been affected by changes.

Then, if you couple that in with our mid-season form, that explains the drop.