Grand final

Just recieved an email from the RFL saying the "stars" for this years pre match entertainment are

Diana Vickers (4/5th place X-factor 2008) 2 singles released since (think 1 got to number 1) probably the whiniest voice in pop :ph34r:

Darius Campbell (3rd in Pop Idol, winner was Will Young that year) Recently musical & opera star winning Popstar to Opera star last year

Rhydian (2nd place in X-factor 2008) more operatic / classical performer.

Doesnt fill me with excitement

Lets hope the match we eventually get will be more mouthwatering

Just recieved an email from the RFL saying the "stars" for this years pre match entertainment are

Diana Vickers (4/5th place X-factor 2008) 2 singles released since (think 1 got to number 1) probably the whiniest voice in pop :ph34r:

Darius Campbell (3rd in Pop Idol, winner was Will Young that year) Recently musical & opera star winning Popstar to Opera star last year

Three of Simon Cowell's worthless spawn. Whoopee. :angry:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pretty poor isn't it, the first two especially. On the NRL coverage the rock music that they use (Foo Fighters and Linken Park I think) is a great choice as the loud and sometimes up tempo music better reflects the fast and aggressive nature of our game. I can't understand why the RFL don't follow suit, I know that music isn't to everyone's taste but it does seem more appropriate.

Might be worth waiting to see what they're like on the night. I recall a lot of people slagging off the choice of Scouting For Girls last year, then coming back afterwards and confessing to having enjoyed it.

And who goes to the Grand Final for the pre-match ents anyway?

Might be worth waiting to see what they're like on the night. I recall a lot of people slagging off the choice of Scouting For Girls last year, then coming back afterwards and confessing to having enjoyed it.

And who goes to the Grand Final for the pre-match ents anyway?

Yep, Scouting for Girls were very good, as were Madness. I just hope that Diana Vickers (not a horrendous choice - she is a pretty big name at the moment) has a live band behind her. I always find it cringeworthy when it is just a solo singer with no-one else around. Live bands always seem to go down much better with the crowd too, and I think that's why SFG got a good reception.

Quick question - Why have any pre match ents? I'm guessing that they cost a lot, but add no bums on seats

It's all part of the overall experience. While no one would specifically book a ticket to a Grand Final to see a pre-match performer, it adds to the fun of the day. Why have cheerleaders, fireworks and the rest? Exactly the same reason. It turns a match into an event.

Quick question - Why have any pre match ents? I'm guessing that they cost a lot, but add no bums on seats

I'd rather have nothing, a brass band, or have the RFL commission some sort of RL anthem of some sort and play that every year alone

I disagree that they add no bums on seats. It has certainly made it more of an attractive proposition when I have tried to get people to come along with me, Madness and SFG were certainly a draw for friends.

They may not be your cup of tea, but don't underestimate their value.

I disagree that they add no bums on seats. It has certainly made it more of an attractive proposition when I have tried to get people to come along with me, Madness and SFG were certainly a draw for friends.

They may not be your cup of tea, but don't underestimate their value.

Fair play ;)

I'd rather have nothing, a brass band, or have the RFL commission some sort of RL anthem of some sort and play that every year alone

e other people enjoy it.

The best one was the 2008 GF.

Wazzing it down with rain, and on comes Catherine Jenkins in thi jellow strapless number, looking more and moree bedraggled and all the better for it. And she's a great singer.

I wouldn't go to see any of the acts that they have at big games especially that camp choir they had at Wembley, but they do contribute to the overall event. Believe it or not not everybody who goes to games is an afficionado. It's an evening out at a big event: something that needs to be pushed if anything.

The one at Wembley with Sir Cliff was a belter, even though henever made a decent rcord after 'Move It'.

It's all about seeing things through other peoples' eyes and not just your own.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I get the impression that if you ran the RFL, things would be very different indeed. We'd all be living in 1972 for starters.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Wazzing it down with rain, and on comes Catherine Jenkins in thi jellow strapless number, looking more and moree bedraggled and all the better for it. And she's a great singer.

She's a competent singer. But without the looks, she'd never have got a record deal. She's a fair bit better than most of those 'crossover classical' artists, though.

Best ever, to my mind, was Edwin Starr. Absolutely superb! B)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well I'd have you DJ'ing for starters perhaps! ;)

Guess you'd do it for the love of the game eh ;)

Well, East London Mike might like that, or Gledhill at a stretch, but everyone else would hate it :D

I'd love to have had the job of DJing at the cricket World Twenty20 match in the Caribbean earlier in the year

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �