The 1895 Club

Cofi

QUOTE (Saint Billinge @ Sep 9 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The main thrust of the petition was to improve the quality, rather than use the sport as a sideshow. We also fought for rugby league to be played in the armed forces, colleges and universities. Evey week something new arrived to get involved in. It really was exciting stuff. We had fans from far and wide but mostly Saints fans.

We really did upset some people in rugby league but so be it the way fans were treated at times.

Thanks SB. College and University RL is played the length and breadth of the country today (If I'm correct) so it would seem that the club made a significant contribution in this regard, fulfilling one of its main objectives. When you mention Harry Edgar's magazine, was this the club's official magazine? It'd be great to have a look at a few copies.

No that was Open Rugby and is very much missed!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

• 3 years later...

1895 Club! Been wracking my brain to remember what it was exactly called. Thank you. I loved their work.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO