22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no reason why the league should lie here. Wigan have been pretty dominate this year, Leeds had a bit of a recovery mid season from their awful start, but from the last 2 games that I've seen of Leeds, Wigan have very little to worry about. Leeds just don't seam to have the energy about them that they have had in previous seasons.

Wigan to win by 16

It's all about da bass

A very pivotal game for me as far as the play offs are concerned.If Leeds can find enough form to win at Wigan i would make them favourite to go on and win the grand final.A Wigan win would for me finish Leeds off and really open it up and any from Wigan Wires Saints could go on to win it and I would find almost impossible to split them

Leeds didn't improve last week against us. Fancy Wigan to really get into them early here and run up a score.

Hopefully Bailey will get put on report, and add to his impressive disciplinary pages on the RFL website. Muppet.

Easy win for Wigan. Leeds have lost their mojo and now have no hunger or desire to make the effort needed to win competitions. A change in attitude is the reason Leeds are where they are albeit Peacock who never gives less than 100% is a big loss. McLennan is being found wanting when he needs to step up.

I think Wigan will win because our back 5 is very good indeed, and Deacon will have enough time and space behind a pack able to earn parity to control the play. Leeds have a better pack than Wigan when Peacock and Burgess are fit. WIthout them, and particularly with Hansen back, we should have enough.

Of course Leeds are serial champions and may produce a run of irresistible form, but that would shock me.

On current form it's a difficult one to call. Leeds have been gash the last couple of games but wigan have been less than convincing in home games losing against saints, huddersfield and warrington. Wigan are beatable at home as the results have shown but leeds really need to start stepping up if they are to trouble them. As for a score..............haven't got a clue. My major worry is breaking wigans defensive line to get to the bar in wetherspoons on sunday afternoon, andy gregory seems to manage so i'll just follow him :D

Leeds away if the pies win

Wire away if Leeds win

Hoping pies purely cos id rather have leeds away next then wire

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Bit disappointed in the bookies on this one. I fancy Wigan by quite a bit but they're not being overgenerous with winning margins. Wigan by 21-30 is only 9/2. Poor odds when you think Leeds are three times GF winners.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Just had a call from the wife in the local sainsburys a bit concerned because Brent Webb is there with the kids doing the weekly shop. She asked him if he was playing today and he replied "Yeah, it's just that the missus has sent me out to do the shopping" with a cheeky grin. Rugby league.....keeping it real.

Bit disappointed in the bookies on this one. I fancy Wigan by quite a bit but they're not being overgenerous with winning margins. Wigan by 21-30 is only 9/2. Poor odds when you think Leeds are three times GF winners.

Agreed.

Disappointingly stingy odds.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I think the pressure is all on Wigan.

Could be a big upset on the cards here. That is if you consider the current GF winners beating Wigan to be an upset.

As Shaun McCrae once said,the previous weekly SL rounds now count for nothing. Wigan only have home advantage and a little tin hubcap to show for their efforts. Home advantage hasn't always benefitted Wigan since the move to the DW stadium.

IMHO the so called 18th man can become a burden when things start going pear- or should that be pie - shaped.

I think that's wishful thinking.

The pressure is off Wigan. We have already won the league and exceeded expectations.

To my mind it is rare for a game to be won or lost for non player/rugby reasons. Wigan have a stronger back 5, ok halves and a pack that can match Leeds. The 3 games have resulted in 2 comfortable wins for Wigan and one tight defeat.

If Leeds win it will be because they have re-found the ability and desire that has made them 3 times champions. At the start of the year I thought it would be Leeds 1st and daylight second. They are a wonderful teams with wonderful players, and if they win that's the first place to look for answers.

Good luck to both teams (not Ablett of course). These are 2 classy clubs and 2 classy teams - they oftne give us a treat. Let's hope they do so again tonight.