RL Fans and the Play offs

Is one to assume that there are very few seats, full stop?

Getting warm! :D "Very few" is a bit of an exaggeration. But there is a steep grass banking, lovely to sit when its warm and sunny. A cracking atmpsphere nevertheless.

And excellent bar and parking facilities and a full colour glossy 56 page match programme tomorrow. For public transport served by 16 (Leeds to Pudsey) and 508 (Leeds to Halifax), and reverse. Alight at Coal Hill Lane/Intake Lane junction.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RFL need to bring the Challenge Cup Final / competition forward to earlier in the season at the present time the gap is simply not big enough time wise between the two competitions and whilst it makes the double more possible it prevents teams from having two opportunities time wise during the season to have their best team fully fit and firing.

SL? An 8 team play off in such a small league is a joke but equally the team that finishes first in the league are the TRUE and rightful league champions. The GF is nothing more than a marketing gimmick that in essence should still be called the Premiership. People praise the GF as an event and hold the attendance up but in the past we had far more events across a season and internationals held ay Wembley / Old Trafford with 50K crods to go with cup final events attendances. Now we concede defeat, market cack handedly and look for small venues to give the illusion of a crowd.

EastEnders starts at 8pm opn a Friday. I watch it after the rugby on BBC3 at 10pm. :)

:O forgot about that

not looking good in that case unless I can persuade my little lad to keep shouting "Mummy" between 8 and 10pm

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

It's all to do with season tickets, nothing else.

I guess that the ST holders would be happy for them to cost more in the first instance as a hedge against making the playoffs?

Would there be a rebate if they failed?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

:O forgot about that

not looking good in that case unless I can persuade my little lad to keep shouting "Mummy" between 8 and 10pm

Sky+ and ignore the temptations of the interweb.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The team at 5 live extra say it's a 17,500 sell out tonight at Saints.

Huge lack of interest there, then.

Around 4k Wire there, and they're pretty vocal.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

The team at 5 live extra say it's a 17,500 sell out tonight at Saints.

Huge lack of interest there, then.

Around 4k Wire there, and they're pretty vocal.

until ten past eight :P:P:P

Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

The announcement said 14,600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definately a lot more there than last week which was just over 14,000.

Sporting Life quotes 14,632, but the wireless was adamant it was sold out at over 17k.

Most odd.

Anyway, decent turnout for a nothing to lose game no matter how you look at it.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

14.5K aint a a bad turnout for a game which wasn't do or die and the fact that it was played in bad weather which affected the walk up.

Wire's following was down on the last time we played too, partly due to the economic realities of going to Wembley a few weeks ago I think.

Sporting Life quotes 14,632, but the wireless was adamant it was sold out at over 17k.

Most odd.

Anyway, decent turnout for a nothing to lose game no matter how you look at it.

Not odd if you remember that all gate receipts are pooled to share between the clubs aren't they?

So it would make sense froma selfish point of view if the clubs said there was a few less than actual and pocketed the difference. Looked like Leeds did this last year, ground looked packed yet they said there was 11,000 odd IIRC.

Maybe I'm just being too cynical.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Not odd if you remember that all gate receipts are pooled to share between the clubs aren't they?

So it would make sense froma selfish point of view if the clubs said there was a few less than actual and pocketed the difference. Looked like Leeds did this last year, ground looked packed yet they said there was 11,000 odd IIRC.

And maybe libellous, too. Although it may as well be a class action, because I think most people would agree with you.

People called Romans they go the house

And maybe libellous, too. Although it may as well be a class action, because I think most people would agree with you.

Hence the "looked like".. ;)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

There were empty seats in the grandstand for a start. 14,5 a good crowd nonetheless

Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.

Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping