congratulations

Plan of Attack

Well done Fev, I know exactly how all you fans feel. Enjoy - Great isn't it !!!

Hope to join you at the Halliwell Jones (and give you a better game that Fax did !!).

To be fair to Fax they were in the game until Finny made 'Dummys' of them with 15 minutes left.

Yet again it was Rovers tackling in the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half and Fax spilling the ball at least 3 times due to last ditch tackles which won the game. They had a roll on and had they scored in those 20 minutes I think the result could have been different.

Reckon Powell will say we were too open in first half, although always looked more capable of outscoring them, but we won the armwrestle in 2nd half and finally pulled away when Fax kept hitting a brick wall and tired. Not sure if this is what the TV guys thought?

Great game, great result. Thought all the team did us proud, fans too. Was good to be nice and smug driving through the centre of Halifax on my way home too, big Rovers badge proudly on display in the rear window of the car. B)

Just gutted now coz I can't make the final!

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Grerat game and good to see so many smiling faces.

worth the drive back from holiday to see it! Just got to convice our lass!

Well done Rovers very well played. If Welham wants my grans spare teeth he can have them.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

so so proud to be a rovers supporter tonight.a big thank you to everyone at the club from Mark Campbell down. i hope we finish the job now cos this squad deserve it.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

well, just before I go a rest this tired head, and try and get my heart back to some kind of rhythm, I've just had a gander at the fax forum!

Apparently we are very beatable and - wait for this one, - BORING!!!

Ok, tonight I have been many things - stressed, excited, ill, elated etc, but most certainly NOT bored!!!!! :D

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

well, just before I go a rest this tired head, and try and get my heart back to some kind of rhythm, I've just had a gander at the fax forum!

Ok, tonight I have been many things - stressed, excited, ill, elated etc, but most certainly NOT bored!!!!! :D

And if it wasn't for the pathetic pitch with the slope on it they would have beaten us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anything I post is a personal opinion

Robin, i don't give a toss what other supporters think of us, all i know is I'm in awe of our lads. The tackling in the first 15 minutes of the second half was terrific. This i feel won us the game, once Fax realised there was nowt in it for them they faded badly. Yes they were chasing the game but we were so patient and it payed off as we put them to the sword in the last 15 mins.

We have scored more points all season than any other team. We have conceded less points than any other team so they can all go and kiss my hairy a**e.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Just got in from pub! What a night.....a dream come true! Well done lads, now only one game 2go. oh shame we had a shortage on drinks, but who cares. At least we sell out and put dosh into club. :lol:

I thought you might like to see what Auntie Beeb thought about the game!!!!

Championship play-offs round-up

Championship table toppers Featherstone Rovers booked their place in the Grand Final on 26 September with a 46-16 win at home to Yorkshire rivals Halifax.

Sean Penkywicz gave the home side a scare with a seventh minute try.

But Rovers replied with five tries from Stuart Dickens, Liam Welham, Tommy Saxton, Dane Manning and hat-trick hero Kyle Briggs for a 28-16 half-time lead.

Shad Royston and Rob Worrincy crossed for Fax, but Rovers went on to add three more tries after the break.

It was a burst of three tries in six first-half minutes in response to that early try, from second row Dickens, centre Welham and winger Saxton, which buried the visitors.

And the Halifax line went unbreached for half an hour between Briggs' first try on 37 minutes and the next from Liam Finn against his old club.

But Briggs took over the show in the final quarter.

The Rovers stand-off added two late tries to complete his treble, adding seven out of eight attempts at goal for a 26-point individual haul.

Halifax still get another chance to qualify for the season's finale at the Halliwell Jones on 26 September.

They now go into next weekend's major semi-final to meet the winners of this Friday night's minor semi-final between Barrow and Sheffield (1930 BST).

The other Championship play-off game sees fourth-placed Barrow, who destroyed Widnes 38-0 on Sunday, up against sixth-placed Sheffield, who won 26-24 at Leigh a week ago.

Barrow stand-off Jamie Rooney (ankle) is rated as having only a 50/50 chance of playing, while Andy Bracek (knee) and Liam Harrison (ankle) are also struggling.

Sheffield have their own injury problems, with Misi Taulapapa ruled out for the rest of the season after breaking his ankle in the win at Leigh.

Richie Barnett (foot) is also struggling for fitness, so Eagles coach Mark Aston has drafted in 18-year-old Academy player Corey Hanson.

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

eagletarian.gif

didnt get to watch the match till gone midnight due to work, congratulations on reaching the grand final and well played i remember watching last fev year at craven park and stuart dickens was goosed after 30 mins so credit to your fitness and conditioning staff cause they have done a hell of a job with not just him but your whole squad.hopefully and i mean hopefully barrow can win against sheffield tonight and also turn fax over at the shay resulting in a fev and barrow grand final, cause after tasting the atmosphere that we had last year at the halliwell jones i want a bit more of it superb day out with a cracking atmosphere heres hoping.

Edited by fozzy3

Of course we are beatable, Toulouse and Sheffield have proved that. Unfortunately for Halifax, they appear to be having a bit of a hard time even getting close to us, never mind beating us. We are not so arrogant to believe we are unbeatable. It's just a shame that arrogance still features highly in at least one other club at our level.

Have you got the link to this topic on their forum? i cant seem to find it when i look

How the hell can they call you boring? ? Well done Fev in reaching the final its great knowing that you've got two weeks off before the final and the pressure is off, enjoy it we at Barrow did.

Hope to see you in the final at Warrington with my Barrow team but if not i'll still be going and would support Fev.

Enjoy it all and shove it up the RFL'S A-Hole lol

Andy Wrennall (Barrow)

It's great supporting the Giant killers.

Pitch invasion was fantastic at the end :D

Sure, but there are always some that get carried away. A lot of monies worth of Camera Equipment was in danger because a few got too close.

Anything I post is a personal opinion

If they are attributing our success to the post office road slope..How come we are unbeaten away from home?. Well done Fev. Lets not forget though that some of the bitter Halifax fans may be children so don't read to much into their forum. There are many who recognise that we were the better side

Pitch invasion was fantastic at the end :D

Looked good but I felt a little for the players. Stuart finally managed to get to Jamie Field and lift him to his shoulders but put him down because he was surrounded. A pity that he and the other players lost the opportunity to go round and receive the applause of all the fans at the game. Two sides I suppose.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >