Bramley Bid For Sixth Grand Final

Marto

Bramley Buffaloes' bid for a sixth consecutive Grand Final appearance faces a tough test this weekend with Warrington Wizards the visitors to the Arthur Miller Stadium on Saturday 11th September (kick-off 2.30pm).

Victory would assure Mark Butterill's side of a place at Warrington on Sunday 26th September but the Buffaloes coach is taking nothing for granted: "It's all going to plan. This is where we wanted to be at the start of the season and we hope this is our only play-off match but we will have to be on our guard against opponents who can turn on the style when they have to. There will be no complacency and I hope we get the Bramley supporters turning out in force.

"We lost our last regular season game at Huddersfield Underbank and that was a stark lesson in not taking your eye off the ball. This is a fantastic group of lads who are all focused on the end goal and we'll need to maintain that for at least another 160 minutes this season if we are to repeat last year's triumph.

"I've been delighted by the progress we've made in what has been a tough season with two teams withdrawing but I feel we've kicked on from last year and a win against Warrington would be fantastic.

"We could be facing them again in the Grand Final but we'll worry about that if it happens. My major concern is Saturday and ensuring we get the job done," added Butterill who has no major injury concerns and expects to welcome back powerhouse centre Paul Gledhill back into the squad.

web-banner.jpg

2006 National League Three Champions, 2009 Co-Operative Rugby League Conference National Champions

Bramley Buffaloes|Buffaloes Video Channel|Buffaloes Merchandise|Buffaloes Blog|Buffs on Facebook|Buffs on Twitter

I feel like I am on QI, and about to have the klaxon blaring at me for an obvious answer being wrong, but....

Why aren't Bramley being allowed into CC1? 6GF's should be enough even for the Ostrich's at Red Hall to notice?

Ground quality and I believe they still need to put a big bond with the RFL.

Expect a big change in the league structure in 2012 that leaves this discussion irrelevent if the RFL can pull it off

Bramley are an amature team who couldnt cut it in div 1 or 2 of the pennine let alone anywhere else.

in the league they play in they play no one of any real quality.

Cheers. Such generosity of spirit! Thankfully that's not what makes RL such a warm and friendly family. But best wishes to all teams playing this weekend even yours, which judging by the anonymous nom de plume you hide behind I assume must be top drawer.

Bramley are an amature team who couldnt cut it in div 1 or 2 of the pennine let alone anywhere else.

Having played in Penine and RLC and knowing players who play in both i'm pretty confident they'd compete in Penine League as i'm sure would we.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Do elaborate!

The exact structure has far too much consultation and ifs, buts and maybes to say exactly but the following are expected:

single division Championship (format and size TBC but expected to be licensed)

2-3 further national divisions (mostly NCL sides and the remaining semi-pro sides plus some better RLC sides)

Then some form of structure below depending on how many sides switch, at one stage they were considering north west, north east and south but this is very much subject to change especially south of Sheffield depending on who switches etc. Some form of pyramid is planned below this, how much is linked by P & R, how much is standalone etc. is to be determined though the RLC may well split into separate regions within this pyramid as different regions have different development needs. What these regions would be I don't know for example not sure if we'll be midlands or west and east etc.

That's the most I know at the moment though I've been told to expect good things

Edited by bowes

Rubbish, while the best teams outside the pro league are in the NCL Premier, Bramley wouldn't be out of place on the field in the NCL (off it they'd fail almost every criteria but that's a different issue, they're set up on a different basis), their league is a lot higher standard than it was (partly due to clubs shipping in winter players admittedly) but struggles for numbers and has no minimum criteria so you do get rubbish in, but the 8 remaining sides are decent enough on the field and some are good off it too especially Hemel, Nottingham and Featherstone Lions. Of course Bramley wouldn't be as strong without their players that double up at winter clubs but they'd still have a decent enough side. Look at Bradford Dudley Hill and remember they were about the same standard as Bramley when they played together.

Clearly the small size of the league and the reliance on winter players is going to be harmful but the likes of Bramley, Warrington Wizards, Hemel and Nottingham would be alright; as for the other 4 would depend whether they prioritise their summer or winter sides and how many players they lose. It will be fine to run next year with 8 or 9 teams that will be it.

Having played Championship Level, French Elite, North West Counties and Confernece National, I can assure you that the League Bramley are in is a tough competitive league. With all due respect you need to play in that league before you can comment.

Bramley are an amature team who couldnt cut it in div 1 or 2 of the pennine let alone anywhere else. in the league they play in they play no one of any real quality.

LOL. I believe you may be a tad jealous that you aren't good enough to cut the mustard with the buffaloes.

web-banner.jpg

2006 National League Three Champions, 2009 Co-Operative Rugby League Conference National Champions

Bramley Buffaloes|Buffaloes Video Channel|Buffaloes Merchandise|Buffaloes Blog|Buffs on Facebook|Buffs on Twitter