What Mickey Rourke thought about them

Mickey Rourke was in London recently appearing on the last Jonathon Ross programme and was given copies of my novels (One Winter, One Spring, One Summer and One Autumn). I then heard that he had thoroughly enjoyed reading them but did not intend to turn them into a film. It would appear that what he needs to make a good film is to build it round a strong character (like Richard Harris was in This Sporting Life) and that is something my material does not have.

Then last week, Steve Sheen a film producer at the Pinewood Studios told me that although he thought that One Winter was a lovely read, he had had no interest from any of the production companies he had contacted.

This does not mean that there is no chance of a film based around Work, Family Life and Rugby League during 1962/63, one of the worst winters in living memory. It just means that I have got to interest someone else in the film world. Has anybody got any ideas or good contacts there?

www.geofflee.net for news of my novels, One Winter, One Spring, One Summer, One Autumn and Two Seasons. All are written against a strong Rugby League background, set in South Lancashire and inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller".

Mickey Rourke was in London recently appearing on the last Jonathon Ross programme and was given copies of my novels (One Winter, One Spring, One Summer and One Autumn). I then heard that he had thoroughly enjoyed reading them but did not intend to turn them into a film. It would appear that what he needs to make a good film is to build it round a strong character (like Richard Harris was in This Sporting Life) and that is something my material does not have.

Then last week, Steve Sheen a film producer at the Pinewood Studios told me that although he thought that One Winter was a lovely read, he had had no interest from any of the production companies he had contacted.

This does not mean that there is no chance of a film based around Work, Family Life and Rugby League during 1962/63, one of the worst winters in living memory. It just means that I have got to interest someone else in the film world. Has anybody got any ideas or good contacts there?

Maybe you should try to create a stage version first and that may lead to a television version. Worked for Up n Under.