Ellery Hanley

Spotted him at the Hull Derby on Saturday night. Don't suppose he's making himself available for the desperately needed new Hull FC coaching vacancy is he? He may of course have just fancied taking the game in but I can but hope.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Spotted him at the Hull Derby on Saturday night. Don't suppose he's making himself available for the desperately needed new Hull FC coaching vacancy is he? He may of course have just fancied taking the game in but I can but hope.

:D you wish! Agar is there to stay :huh:

He's spending plenty of time playing squash and tennis at the david lloyd gym in leeds. He looks like he could still do 80 minutes on the pitch. A nice bloke.

He's spending plenty of time playing squash and tennis at the david lloyd gym in leeds. He looks like he could still do 80 minutes on the pitch. A nice bloke.

I met him in Aldi in mesanwood the other day, very nice man. he has a house between headingley amnd meanwood

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I met him in Aldi in mesanwood the other day, very nice man. he has a house between headingley amnd meanwood

He must have mellowed, scariest autograph I ever asked for as a kid, was a damp and windy Saturday morning, he was jogging off Robin Park after training, we were with Westy on a tour of the clubs facilities..................not that it sticks in the memory 20 odd years after the event or anything!

He must have mellowed, scariest autograph I ever asked for as a kid, was a damp and windy Saturday morning, he was jogging off Robin Park after training, we were with Westy on a tour of the clubs facilities..................not that it sticks in the memory 20 odd years after the event or anything!

Did he charge? ;)

Harry Hill.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

I've met Ellery a few times over the years around Meanwood: you say hi, he says hi: shoot he breeze for a few minutes, nice fella

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I've met Ellery a few times over the years around Meanwood: you say hi, he says hi: shoot he breeze for a few minutes, nice fella

Yep, I'd heard the stories about his manner, but I met him at Leicester Square Tube Station the night before Wembley and he was very polite and friendly, and happily shook our hands and posed for photo's with us.

Absolute legend and was a real highlight of the weekend meeting him.

Yep, I'd heard the stories about his manner, but I met him at Leicester Square Tube Station the night before Wembley and he was very polite and friendly, and happily shook our hands and posed for photo's with us.

Absolute legend and was a real highlight of the weekend meeting him.

Best British player ever, and a real gent since he stopped playing.

Hanley was a complete pain when he was playing, with regards to his public profile, and his interaction with the press etc, but as far as I am concerned that was wholly because of his drive and sporting mentality.

He was a monster on the pitch, and therefore should be forgiven everything that went on off it.

Best British player ever, and a real gent since he stopped playing.

Hanley was a complete pain when he was playing, with regards to his public profile, and his interaction with the press etc, but as far as I am concerned that was wholly because of his drive and sporting mentality.

He was a monster on the pitch, and therefore should be forgiven everything that went on off it.

By far the best British player I have seen, and possibly the best I have seen in the world.

It used to be frightening going to the match and wondering what kind of damage he was going to do to your team that day - it was usually lots!

He's a monster at squash too. Never lifts any weights in the gym and claims to never had in the past either. Tried to get him to play for an All stars team in the Leo's sevens, he was tempted and I'm sure with a little more work I would have got his signature but he said he was fully retired and wished us luck, didn't want to push too much. A true gent, but a real rake with the ladies I'll tell you that for nowt!

We did get Neil Harmon though who was awesome, never rucked or jumped in a lineout. He thoroughly enjoyed himself especially when he absolutely nailed a Leeds Tykes player! Good times.

"Rugby league is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by w@nk*rs"

Laurie Dailey

Whem I was at Leeds Poly he pulled up at the side of the road to give my then mrs his phone number. A few days later we were p*ssed and left messages on his answer machine widhing him lucka gainst the Aussies!

She turned him down for me by the way. :D

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Whem I was at Leeds Poly he pulled up at the side of the road to give my then mrs his phone number. A few days later we were p*ssed and left messages on his answer machine widhing him lucka gainst the Aussies!

Yes, you were much nicer to her guidedog.

;):D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Looks like you ain't sobered up yet. :dry:

Thanks for all the info, can't help but wonder/dream if there is summat behind his being there on Saturday.

After all, he must have a 100" Hi Def plasma tv with Sky which no doubt gives a better view than being at the game so why traipse 60 odd miles over here to see it?

Here's hoping.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Clearly he's cheered up in his old age now his work doesn't bring him to Wigan several days a week!

With regards to his attendance at Hull, he may have gone down the player agent root, he was always rumoured to have a good head for business, would love to see him back coaching again though, we don't do enough as a sport to hold on to our "legends".

Clearly he's cheered up in his old age now his work doesn't bring him to Wigan several days a week!

With regards to his attendance at Hull, he may have gone down the player agent root, he was always rumoured to have a good head for business, would love to see him back coaching again though, we don't do enough as a sport to hold on to our "legends".

Your last comment is spot on, we dont do enough to hang onto the our legends, I live in Australia and have done for the past 20 months, I've noticed that a lot of former players are actively involved in various aspects of the game right from grass roots level. I know in Queensland it is the favourite sport but more should be done to keep the guys involved

You were to kind to him. I would have left messages wanting to know what the hell he was doing chasing my missus! :lol:

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!