Danny McGuire crocked

Wendall

Leeds Rhinos' bid for a fourth successive engage Super League title has suffered a major blow with the loss of stand-off Danny McGuire.

The 27-year-old sustained a knee injury in the closing stages of the champions' 27-26 play-off victory over Wigan on Sunday and scans have revealed he needs to undergo surgery.

He has been ruled out until the start of next season, which also represents a big blow for England's prospects in the Four Nations Series in Australia and New Zealand.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/ne..._Nightlead.html

With his current form I think this is a big blow for Leeds and England.

Who will play 6 for England, Tomkins I think with Widdop at full back then Eastmond and Myler to cover 7.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not true, the Leeds medical staff have pulled a fast one and Mags will jump from his sickbed to help Leeds lift a fourth Grand Final Trophy.(according to certain Wigan fans)

Absolutely gutted for him,he was just starting to hit form,I think Leeds will struggle now.

Three in a row isn't bad.

Tomkins at 6

Eastmond (if fit) at 7

Tony Smith isn't really helping Myler get into the 4 nations squad is he.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Mags will jump from his sickbed

been nowhere near ;)

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

It's not true, the Leeds medical staff have pulled a fast one and Mags will jump from his sickbed to help Leeds lift a fourth Grand Final Trophy.(according to certain Wigan fans)

Absolutely gutted for him,he was just starting to hit form,I think Leeds will struggle now.

Three in a row isn't bad.

Tomkins at 6

Eastmond (if fit) at 7

Tony Smith isn't really helping Myler get into the 4 nations squad is he.

Myler isn't ready yet, not strong enough and not vocal / directing on the pitch.

brillant try scorer and support player, but 12 months off.

Wishful thinking perhaps.

Nah...never liked the lad, jumped up full of himself, takes all the plaudits for the rest of the hard work from the grafters, Stevo & Eddie cream over him not me...but I would never wish him or any other player any harm :P

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Nah...never liked the lad, jumped up full of himself, takes all the plaudits for the rest of the hard work from the grafters, Stevo & Eddie cream over him not me...but I would never wish him or any other player any harm :P

He's not actually like that,he's a really quiet lad off the field.

No need at all.

Comment is poor and nasty.

Not at all. I feel for the bloke, but ultimately, he compromised his body-shape and put himself at risk to perform a foul - one which ultimately won his side the game.

Only he knows if it was worth it.

People called Romans they go the house

He's not actually like that,he's a really quiet lad off the field.

I'm only (partially) joking...cracking player, the best ones always aggravate the oppo ;)

O/T A gorgeous girl I used to work with in Leigh was really 'in lurve' with him, posters next to her desk, desktop, calendar etc etc....I can't see it but he would be batting well above if he actually saw her

I'm only (partially) joking...cracking player, the best ones always aggravate the oppo ;)

O/T A gorgeous girl I used to work with in Leigh was really 'in lurve' with him, posters next to her desk, desktop, calendar etc etc....I can't see it but he would be batting well above if he actually saw her

He is now.

At least there is some decent folk on this forum.

Whatever.

How would you feel if was Carmont looking at six months out because of what Maguire did? I wouldn't for minute suggest that Maguire deserved his injury, or it's justice of any kind - I'm just saying if he hadn't have cheated, he wouldn't have got hurt. End of.

People called Romans they go the house

Unlike his coach claiming that something nasty had happened to him in back play after he had made the illegal tackle. Haven't heard an apology for that yet have we?

And should we.

It's the first time I've ever heard Bluey make negative comments after a game.

Does Justin Morgan apologise for his comments or Terry Matterson for his.They are two of the most vocal coaches in Super League.

Life goes on.

All this Danny McGuire is a cheat stuff is ridiculous. Is every player who commits an offence and gives a penalty away a cheat? Will they all be castigated in the same manner? He pulled somebody back off the ball! Wow that is terrible and has never before been done by any team. For goodness sake grow up people.

He commited an offence a penalty was given (for either that one or a perfectly legitimate tackle by Donald on Richards) and Wigan got the chance to win the game which unfortunately for them they couldn't take. If this had occurred in the 16th minute and not the 80th people wouldn't even be talking about it.

It's not nice to see any player suffering a serious injury (how foolish do the "he was faking being injured" brigade feel) and as an English rugby league fan I'm disappointed he is as our already slim 4 nations chances have further diminished