Buderus cops a 1 match ban

Lee

Leeds will be without hooker Danny Buderus for their Engage Super League semi-final on Saturday week because of suspension.

The former Newcastle Knights and Australia player was given a one-match ban for a "spear" tackle on Paul Prescott in Sunday's play-off win over Wigan at the DW Stadium.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/ne...GBYL_Leeds.html

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure Lee?

He does play for Leeds doesn't he?

How many other Danny Buderuses are out there?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

You sure Lee?

Would i lie to you mate

No doubt it should have been 6-8

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

You sure Lee?

whats the chance he appeals and gets off. ;)

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Wasnt there 2 spear tackles in that game?

Not according to the RFL or the match reviewer

Wasnt there 2 spear tackles in that game?

To be fair I think you'll find some Wigan fans were very quick to acknowledge that in the Wigan v Leeds thread, Mr Albert was very inconstant and whilst not affecting the result, did to me look to out of his depth.

I haven't had the benefit of seeing it again, but it appeared on first viewing that both tackles were similar and should have been treated similar, I stand to be corrected by anyone who's had the benefit of seeing it slow-mo and from multiple angles.

To be fair I think you'll find some Wigan fans were very quick to acknowledge that in the Wigan v Leeds thread, Mr Albert was very inconstant and whilst not affecting the result, did to me look to out of his depth.

I haven't had the benefit of seeing it again, but it appeared on first viewing that both tackles were similar and should have been treated similar, I stand to be corrected by anyone who's had the benefit of seeing it slow-mo and from multiple angles.

So there was another dangerous tackle? I thought there was one but cant remember the details.

Might be my mistake, I thought I could remember there being 2 dangerous tackles.

There were 2, i was just pointing out one seems to have been "overlooked" shall we say

Did Joel T get anything for his kick?

8 were looked at but only Buderus was facing a charge

Law: 15.1(a) Detail: Kicking out Player reacts to opponent, lashes out making light contact with opponent, unnecessary and cynical behaviour

Decision No charge

8 were looked at but only Buderus was facing a charge

Law: 15.1(a) Detail: Kicking out Player reacts to opponent, lashes out making light contact with opponent, unnecessary and cynical behaviour

Decision No charge

Thats an absolutely ridiculous ruling.

Ah right, so im guessing the other was by a Wigan player?

Correct

In my humble opinion, id have said both were clumsy at best and neither warranted any further action, im just baffled how only one got charged

Thats an absolutely ridiculous ruling.

I completely agree. Tomkins was giving McGuire a facial with his bicep on the deck and McGuire reacted to that How can Buderus be charged with a spear tackle when it wasn't? I seem to remember Andy Coley putting in a much more dangerous tackle at Headingley earlier this season and nothing was done about it. The disciplinary is so inconsistent it is becoming a laughing stock.

If Radford has his ban dropped when he clearly set out to attack a player and inflict injury, then it is surely just a matter of appealing for Buderus to be clear to play.

of the two tackles in my humble opinion Buderus was more serious as he dumped Prescott on hi head/neck and himself fell on prescott head/neck. I personally thought it was the worst spear tackle I have seen that I can remember.

the other tackle was a lifting of the legs and as a result the player landed on his head/neck without the pressure of the wigan players on top.

however it will take a player to break his neck before this sort of challenge is taken more seriously. should be a straight red everytime.

Edited by Carnie's Cover

of the two tackles in my humble opinion Buderus was more serious as he dumped Prescott on hi head/neck and himself fell on prescott head/neck. I personally thought it was the worst spear tackle I have seen that I can remember.

the other tackle was a lifting of the legs and as a result the player landed on his head/neck without the pressure of the wigan players on top.

however it will take a player to break his neck before this sort of challenge is taken more seriously. should be a straight red everytime.

Surely a spear tackle is a spear tackle and both should have been treated in the same way.

Ridiculous ruling but that's what happens.

As for it being the worst you have ever seen, you are joking right,technically it wasn't even a spear tackle.

A spear tackle involves lifting a player and driving him into the ground head first.

Joel Tomkins escapes yet again. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

spot the same........lifting of the legs and landing on the head :wacko::wacko::wacko: only from wigan can you have that outlook. inter bred :unsure:

Surely a spear tackle is a spear tackle and both should have been treated in the same way.

Ridiculous ruling but that's what happens.

As for it being the worst you have ever seen, you are joking right,technically it wasn't even a spear tackle.

A spear tackle involves lifting a player and driving him into the ground head first.

Joel Tomkins escapes yet again. :rolleyes:

dirtiest player in super league.

wayne rooney well be paying for his services soon :D:P

dirtiest player in super league.

wayne rooney well be paying for his services soon :D:P

ON/650/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Wigan v Leeds 12/09/10

ON/568/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Leeds v Wigan 30/07/10

ON/528/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Wigan v Warrington 16/07/10

ON/420/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Wigan v Castleford 06/06/10

ON/387/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Leeds v Wigan 29/05/10

ON/340/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Huddersfield v Wigan 16/05/10

ON/343/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Huddersfield v Wigan 16/05/10

ON/214/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Salford v Wigan 11/04/10

ON/215/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Salford v Wigan 11/04/10

ON/176/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan St Helens v Wigan 02/04/10

ON/151/10 Joel Tomkins Wigan Wigan v Leeds 26/03/10

Hes certainly kept the RFL busy this season.

HW