Where to stay in Wigan

5 hours ago, Padge said:

I can remember the last time I went to Hull, I still have the nightmares.

You can consider yourself most fortunate that the best of Hull usually comes to see you.

(Cue attempted witty response)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

You can consider yourself most fortunate that the best of Hull usually comes to see you.

(sod off)

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

25 minutes ago, telliner said:

Bypass Wigan,and sample a beer in the Cricketers St.Helens .National pub of the year 2018 and justifiably so.

Central at Wigan should have got it, Cricketers only got it on the sympathy "save" an old $h!t  pub vote.

• Like 1

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

22 hours ago, Padge said:

Central at Wigan should have got it, Cricketers only got it on the sympathy "save" an old $h!t  pub vote.

Doesn't quite work like that mate,besides I wouldn't say Central was in a select salubrious area.

By the that logic your suggesting Wigan escaped relegation a few years ago by sympathy vote ;)

49 minutes ago, telliner said:

Doesn't quite work like that mate,besides I wouldn't say Central was in a select salubrious area.

By the that logic your suggesting Wigan escaped relegation a few years ago by sympathy vote ;)

who was your surgeon?

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 11:48 PM, Padge said:

Central at Wigan should have got it, Cricketers only got it on the sympathy "save" an old $h!t  pub vote

both are good but Cricketers is a better 'pub' in every way. also quite an achievement to turn a boarded up boozer in a run down back street of St Helens into what it is now.

I can not imagine a Town like Wigan has accommodation much beyond the average, about from the odd Sales Rep who is going there?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

The Wigan Oak is a decent hotel, not 5 star luxury but satisfies all basic requirements. Also has the advantage of Sam’s Bar being just across the road.

"Sam's Bar" as in the one trying to throw him and his sibling out the other week?

Or is there really a "Sam's Bar"? :unsure:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

13 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

"Sam's Bar" as in the one trying to throw him and his sibling out the other week?

Or is there really a "Sam's Bar"? :unsure:

There really is a Sam's Bar. It used to be called the Ball & Boot back in the day.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

On 9/16/2010 at 10:16 AM, ParisSurtout said:

if you want to try a good English pub hotel with a good kitchen try:

Bay Horse. 53 Warrington Road, Ashton In Makerfield, Wigan, Lancashire, WN4 9PJ

I have stayed there and can recommend it. It is very English.

No baguettes for breakfast, but the food is good by English standards.

For the slightly more sophisticated palate there is a decent Italian restaurant not far away.

However you need a car to get around.

Whoever would have thought he was not really French?

(for newer posters, this is one of Parksider's sockpuppets).

On 9/15/2010 at 9:23 AM, paley said:

Quality Inn is alright and it has a fine selection of Sale Sharks leaflets at reception

Sadly missed.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

when I had experiences of Wigan away from the game it reminded me of Pudsey and Morley were quite  few years ago friendly much different from area's of Leeds 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

• 3 weeks later...