Ten best prop/second row forwards in the world, based on current form:

Jamie Peacock

Adrian Morley

James Graham

Ben Westwood

Gareth Ellis

Sam Burgess

Darrell Griffin

Stuart Fielden (Yes, look out he's back to form)

Gareth Carvell

Eorl Crabtree

Discuss :rolleyes:

PS. This is not a wind up.

Edited by no13benny

Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.

Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

I guess it is a wind up but I suspect decent judges may consider

Petero Civoniceva

Dave Shillington

Paul Gallen

Sam Thaiday

Luke Lewis

At least half of those are better than their counterparts in either the English or Kiwi teams according to many good Judges.

We will see in a few weeks time.

Edited by AndyCapp

I guess it is a wind up but I suspect decent judges may consider

Petero Civoniceva

Dave Shillington

Paul Gallen

Sam Thaiday

Luke Lewis

At least half of those are better than their counterparts in either the English or Kiwi teams according to many good Judges.

We will see in a few weeks time.

Got to agree with you on those,good call.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

I know this is a wind up. But you really are kidding spud. Every year we hear about how great the pommy forwards are yet they never win anything. It's a myth.

Fully agree re your sentiments about the motive

However, let's create a proper thread out of malicious mischevious intent

James Graham

Gareth Ellis

Sam Burgess

Are the 3 that many / most would not argue deserve a place

I would then add to those 3

Cameron Smith

Isaac Luke

Dave Shillington

Sam Thaiday

Paul Gallen

So that leaves an 8 that most people would not argue with

James Graham

Gareth Ellis

Sam Burgess

Cameron Smith

Isaac Luke

Dave Shillington

Sam Thaiday

Paul Gallen

By and large, in my opinion, we have the better props, the Aussies have the better second rows.

This is reflected in this season at the Bulls. Our best forwards have been Nick Scruton and Steve Menzies. God knows how good Menzies must have been when he was 28.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Whether he returns as good or even better from his ban Gareth Hock is potentially world class and you can understand why Penrith Panthers tried to sign him.

Loses the ball too often trying to offload the ball,bit of a hot head at times too.Maybe his enforced lay-off will mellow him a bit.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Fully agree re your sentiments about the motive

However, let's create a proper thread out of malicious mischevious intent

James Graham

Gareth Ellis

Sam Burgess

Are the 3 that many / most would not argue deserve a place

I would then add to those 3

Cameron Smith

Isaac Luke

Dave Shillington

Sam Thaiday

Paul Gallen

So that leaves an 8 that most people would not argue with

James Graham

Gareth Ellis

Sam Burgess

Cameron Smith

Isaac Luke

Dave Shillington

Sam Thaiday

Paul Gallen

I would not rate Graham as the best Prop in the World, I would take Civ even in his twilight years.

Issac Luke can be hot and cold, not as good as Smith and not as all round as Farrah.

If you wanted a tough creative Lock that can fill in in the Halves Greg Bird has plenty to offer.

Loses the ball too often trying to offload the ball,bit of a hot head at times too.Maybe his enforced lay-off will mellow him a bit.

Certainly things that need to improve and who knows how he will be when he returns but his peers rate him highly

I have to say if I could and it will not happen take an Aussie prop forward and play him in a Wigan team it would be Shillington. An awesome player IMO. For doing the job without graces Scott takes some beating too.

I would not rate Graham as the best Prop in the World, I would take Civ even in his twilight years.

Issac Luke can be hot and cold, not as good as Smith and not as all round as Farrah.

If you wanted a tough creative Lock that can fill in in the Halves Greg Bird has plenty to offer.

Bird certainly has a valid case. Hooker wise in 2010, Farah would have a strong case but IMO Luke until he got injured was the most dangerous attacking forward in the NRL for a number of weeks. I have to add the work rate of Gallen is frightening.

Agreed on Gallen, a freak of nature.

Big Dave Taylor at Souths, Awesome impact player, has been the equal of our Sam all season.

"Rugby league is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by w@nk*rs"

Laurie Dailey

Agreed on Gallen, a freak of nature.

Big Dave Taylor at Souths, Awesome impact player, has been the equal of our Sam all season.

Can't agree with Big Dave Taylor been the equal of Burgess. Agree he is an awesome impact player and his time playing stand off growing up certainly shows with some of his passing but he is no where near consistent enough. He might be able to pull off the spectacular occasionally but he doesn't lead the team on a weekly basis like Burgess does.

Ten best prop/second row forwards in the world, based on current form:

Jamie Peacock

Adrian Morley

James Graham

Ben Westwood

Gareth Ellis

Sam Burgess

Darrell Griffin

Stuart Fielden (Yes, look out he's back to form)

Gareth Carvell

Eorl Crabtree

Discuss :rolleyes:

PS. This is not a wind up.

You can't sabotage my list. I was merely pointing out that from an Aussies perspective, who have more info on Aussies, Aussies always dominate.

I myself have an English perspective, and in my opinion these are the best in the world.

Plus if you're going to start including hookers and loose forwards, these are next on my list:

James Roby

Keiron Cunningham

Kevin Sinfield

Jon Clarke

Sean O'Loughlin

Scott Murrell

Cameron Smith

At least you've got one in there, eh? :D

Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.

Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

You can't sabotage my list. I was merely pointing out that from an Aussies perspective, who have more info on Aussies, Aussies always dominate.

I myself have an English perspective, and in my opinion these are the best in the world.

Plus if you're going to start including hookers and loose forwards, these are next on my list:

James Roby

Keiron Cunningham

Kevin Sinfield

Jon Clarke

Sean O'Loughlin

Scott Murrell

Cameron Smith

At least you've got one in there, eh? :D

Now this is a wind up!?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

I don't really consider hookers as a forward in the traditional sense. I wouldn't even describe them as hookers anymore. They're more an acting half back.

I think the tackling stint they usually have to put in puts them in the forwards.