21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan
    • Hull KR

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only see Wigan in this one , well as HKR played at the KC, I just can't see wigan letting this one slip through, I think HKR will put up a tremendous fight, but i think they will fall short , I can't see Richards having another off day with the boot, S Tomkins looks better and better, not too sure about his brother, he certainly has the talent , If he has his right head on. HKR will be going there with confidence, ( and rightly so ) after the showing at Hull, But for me wigan are the best all round team in the comp, Last week Richards missed a couple of kicks that would have won the game, don't think he will repeat it, Should be a great game.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Wigan 16 v Hull KR 26

Wigan 10 v Hull KR 12

Hull KR 24 v Wigan 40

Wigan 18 v Hull KR 12

Hull KR 39 v Wigan 22

Wigan 12 v Hull KR 20

Hull KR 28 v Wigan 36

Hull KR 16 v Wigan 30 (Playoff)

Wigan 32 v Hull KR 6

Hull KR 18 v Wigan 38

Hard to call

Wigan must be gutted, to be top dog all season and one game (Leeds) and they now lose Clubcall.

Wigan 18 HKR 26 :O

Wigan should win but Hull KR IMO get the most out of the players they have moreso than any other team in the play offs. The most recent league fixture, KR looked outclassed for large parts of the game but had a superb purple patch. Time will tell but logic says Wigan and Wire to progress.

Reading some of your posts since weekend, do ever use "Logic"?? ;) rather than red tinted glassess B)

Heart says HKR,head says Wigan.

Will Wigan get over the disappointment of Sunday.HKR will be on a high,as people have previously stated Wigan have dodgy home form.

Will the game end in controversy?

Will the new "special relationship" come into play?

Who cares as long as Hull KR win. :D

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Wigan should win, having comfortably won the 2 previous matches. Feca back is good news, and our backs ought to have enough to see us home. It will be interesting in both games to see whether last year's trend continues, where both the losing teams fall to the week 1 winners.

Dobson is the key to a Rovers win. If he finds his range and plays like he has recently there's every chance they can beat wigan. It seems more games are being decided on the strength of a good kicking game and wigan certainly seemed susceptible against huddersfield recently who had Brough dictating. Wigan have got to be strong favourites but a couple of lucky bounces/refereeing calls and it's game on.

Wigan 34-20 Rovers. Cant see Wigan making the same mistake twice in 1 week

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

Wigan haven't lost back to back matches all year and I don't think it will happen this week.

Maguire is going with four props and that should ensure the Wigan pack overpower the HKR forwards.

Wigan struggle with three props or less v the bigger teams as proved in games v Leeds, Wire & Saints. When they are going with four props they beat their opposition no matter who.

Should be a good game though and it seems HKR are bringing a very good following. Well done to them!

I genuinely think HKR will win this one

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I am not confident we will win this. everything points towards a wigan win:

never lost back to back all season

playing with 4 props

unlikely to make the same mistakes as last week

but this is a pressure game where the loser goes home and wigan have not won them type of match yet this year.

head says close at half time Wigan to win by 20 at the end :D

heart says to close to call :O

Wigan have won plenty of pressure games this year. We lost in the Cup, but then every team aside from Wire lost in the Cup. We won away at Leeds, Saints, HKR and the Wire, all of which had considerable pressure attached to them. We lost to a brilliant Leeds side twice by the narrowest of margins in the last few minutes, so I don't see any evidence to suggest we can't play very well indeed under pressure.

Even if we lose, which I think is unlikely, we have had a brilliant season and have won 1 of the 3 Cups on offer to us (plus the 9s!). It might be the equivalent of football's League Cup, but it is testimony to being the best team home and away over the season and that is a wonderful achievement. Plus we have played with more style and verve than for years.

Strong Rumour Lockers is playing 6 tonight, game over for Wigan if true. :O

surely you move Sam from FB to 6 and Richards to FB and Roberts, Phelps, Charnely or Marsh to the wing. loads of options and this is by far the worst one.

if this is true Wigan to lose for me as neither SOL or TL can kick for toffee, Dobson will kick us to death with all the field position they will get. ;)

If Wigan get a few early points and a bit of confidence running through them, they should win by a bit.

If they fail to do so and Rovers' confidence starts to grow, the Pies could be in trouble.

Justin Morgan's got a fantastic team spirit built up in Rovers' mentality and if they can stay in reach of Wigan until 60 mins has passed, then I quite fancy them to pull off what the bookies are saying will be a major shock.

Best odds for Hull KR is 4/1 while it's 1/4 for a home win.

Once again, Dobson could easily end up the best player on the park tonight. If he performs as he can, we should be in for a reet cracker.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Strong Rumour Lockers is playing 6 tonight, game over for Wigan if true. :O

surely you move Sam from FB to 6 and Richards to FB and Roberts, Phelps, Charnely or Marsh to the wing. loads of options and this is by far the worst one.

if this is true Wigan to lose for me as neither SOL or TL can kick for toffee, Dobson will kick us to death with all the field position they will get. ;)

I think if they go with O`Loughlin at 6 it gives the impetus straight to KR, they will know he`s there to stop Dobson and with Leuluai its not very creative as a half back pairing. As you say, I would have gone with Tomkins to 6 and Richards to FB.

I'm going for Hull KR, but I don't know if that is just wanting to see the local rivals go down in flames at the 2nd hurdle.

I think Hull KR have a genuine chance, but they have to stick with wigan when they open a can of whoopass at the start of the game.. If they survive that the Wigan crowd and players nerve may start to go.

It's all about da bass

hkr for mine - just the way pies are rocking " a bit" and the very efficient kr win at Hull

If Hull KR come up with as many errors as they did in the second half of that game, they'll get murdered. Hull weren't good enough take advantage, but Wigan have the strike power to do so.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

If Wigan get a few early points and a bit of confidence running through them, they should win by a bit.

If they fail to do so and Rovers' confidence starts to grow, the Pies could be in trouble.

Justin Morgan's got a fantastic team spirit built up in Rovers' mentality and if they can stay in reach of Wigan until 60 mins has passed, then I quite fancy them to pull off what the bookies are saying will be a major shock.

Best odds for Hull KR is 4/1 while it's 1/4 for a home win.

Once again, Dobson could easily end up the best player on the park tonight. If he performs as he can, we should be in for a reet cracker.

Phil Clarke has just been gleefully pointing out what happened the last time Hull KR were in the game against Wigan at the 60 minute mark.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Any chance of regular updates much appreciated.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.