Wigan Warriors v Hull Kingston Rovers

ckn

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan
    • Hull KR

We benefitted from having to play this week and played far better than last week against a team that makes the most out of what they have available and never throw the towel in. Plenty Rovers fans attended the DW tonight. Fair play to them. We had Rovers on the fringes and looked like we could score reasonably at will. Los of improved efforts but remain unconvinced re playing Lockers at 6 v the better teams. Who will we get. Hopefully Leeds and then Saints / Wire in the GF.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm done and I think so are KR, but their fans are letting them down. Not a great effort from the KR fans, never seen a team having to stand on the half way line rather than under the posts because of the fans.

Could be a decent fine heading someone's way over this.

My moneys on Castleford. ;)

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Is it just me or is liam Farrell very overrated?

Why? Who has rated him?

Has he just been awarded Young Player of the Year? Has God himself bestowed a huge reputation upon him?

He is a 20 year old kid, in his first season. He is playing out of his skin, and trying as hard as any young player I have ever seen.

You are just talking sh!!te.

No excuses from me...Wigan were simply too good!

They just seemed to do everything a yard quicker and, in Sam Tomkins, they have the 'special' player that Rovers lack!

Despite the result, Rovers have exceeded expectations for me this season by actually making progress rather than stagnating.

It was a great achievement to get were they did with approx

Very disappointing turnout from the home fans last night I thought.

Just over 11,000 in the ground including a very healthy attendance by the HKR lot.

These play off games need to be marketed as big occasions with accompanying promotions on ticketing to back it up.

Thought the HKR speccies were great last night both in number and in the volume of their support from start to finish - pity that this was spoiled a bit by a handful of eejits.

Is it just me or is liam Farrell very overrated?

It's you.

Farrell is an outstanding young prospect with a good career in front of him, he is strong, quick, not bad with the ball and a very hard worker in both defence and attack.

Farrell would make it into any Superleague 1st 17 at the moment and he is only 20.

It's you.

Farrell is an outstanding young prospect with a good career in front of him, he is strong, quick, not bad with the ball and a very hard worker in both defence and attack.

Farrell would make it into any Superleague 1st 17 at the moment and he is only 20.

Not quite true.

(see early post b4 screeching back at me ;) )

Could be a decent fine heading someone's way over this.

My moneys on Castleford. ;)

There will be no punishment meted out to Hull K R as the RFL have already allowed Wigan and Hull to pelt players and supporters respectively this season. Rules are rules, every club is allowed one incidence of missile throwing befeore the RFL can even consider taking any action.

There will be no punishment meted out to Hull K R as the RFL have already allowed Wigan and Hull to pelt players and supporters respectively this season. Rules are rules, every club is allowed one incidence of missile throwing befeore the RFL can even consider taking any action.

Conveniently overlooking the fact that the first missile thrown at the Challenge Cup game came from the Leeds end and was thrown towards the Hull players.

You are Arsene Wenger and I claim my

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

They just seemed to do everything a yard quicker and, in Sam Tomkins, they have the 'special' player that Rovers lack!

Despite the result, Rovers have exceeded expectations for me this season by actually making progress rather than stagnating.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

If i were you i'd be worried, very worried. The main reason for castleford being fined was for the club failing to "address" the problems regarding their fans behaviour and their past record. If the RFL enforce the same rules then they will have to throw the book at Hull. Two major incidents in one season and players being assaulted as opposed to verbally abused. It seemed strange to say the least that in the light of Hulls latest problem the RFL decided to halve castlefords fine. Do you think that gives them more leeway when dealing with Hull after their draconian punishment of castleford originally? Imagine what punishment Hull would be facing if the 40k for shouting at someone had stood, what price an assault,

Edited by Marty Funkhouser

Have you seen the outcome of the investigations into the incidents at the KC?

Which one, the cup game or the league game incidents ? As far as i know the investigation into trouble at the cup game led to supporters involved being interviewed as well as cctv footage being studied. I know a woman whose child was hit by a bottle was contacted by the RFL and interviewed at length, her view was that the stewarding on that particular day was below the required standard which led to an escalation in events. Whether the RFL decided no action was to be taken against Hull or whether they had a word in private i don't know. It was the same time as the Gareth Thomas/Castleford incident and seemed to be swept under the carpet. As for the latest incidents i would imagine an investigation is being prepared or already underway.

Without releasing anybody of note, Willie Mason, Blake Green and Craig Hall will all arrive to give the team's attacking options a much-needed shake.

You'll certainly need to up your try scoring abilities to counterbalance the defensive frailties Craig Hall will introduce to his side of the park.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Which one, the cup game or the league game incidents ? As far as i know the investigation into trouble at the cup game led to supporters involved being interviewed as well as cctv footage being studied. I know a woman whose child was hit by a bottle was contacted by the RFL and interviewed at length, her view was that the stewarding on that particular day was below the required standard which led to an escalation in events. Whether the RFL decided no action was to be taken against Hull or whether they had a word in private i don't know. It was the same time as the Gareth Thomas/Castleford incident and seemed to be swept under the carpet. As for the latest incidents i would imagine an investigation is being prepared or already underway.

Allow me to enlighten you. The recent incident, in the words of John Ledger of the RFL, was dealt with 'swiftly and effectively' by Hull and is now in the hands of the police. The RFL will be taking no further action.

The result of the inquiry into the earlier incident is still pending. I'll await the outcome rather than get drawn into a futile 'your fans are worse than our fans' argument.

I know you have an obsession which is anti Hull FC but why bring Wigan into it?

once again "fans" of a yorkshire club are involved in crowd trouble.......

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

once again "fans" of a yorkshire club are involved in crowd trouble.......

Rubbish. As far as us Hull FC fans are concerned, East Hull is part of Lancashire.

I know you have an obsession which is anti Hull FC but why bring Wigan into it?

I know you have a persecution complex and as seen as Hull kr were playing Wigan last night it's hardly "bringing" them into it. I merely compared Hull K R's supporters actions to those of Wigans and hey presto.