27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington
    • Huddersfield

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolves will be big favorites for this one, not surprisingly, this last couple of years they have become to us, what Saints are to them, But the Giants have proved they can beat the very best, as at the JJB. it will be a matter of holding our own in the forwards i think, so Briers doesn't have all the time in the world, if he is given time and space he will do to us what he normally does, Expecting a big game from B Hodgson in this, as i am from them all really, I think we have more or less a full squad, at last, Wolves are a very good side now, but It's knockout football, If we turn up we have a chance. Wish it was not on telly , we rarely play well when it is.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

I think HKR are in with a really gould chance. Went to watch Wigan v Leeds and as a neutral it was great to watch but the amount of mistakes from both sides was awful. They just about balanced each other out. Must say, though I expect Pie's will disagree, Sam Tomkins is a massive tallent, but his gamesmanship lets him down. A better ref than our French friend would have penalised him on more than one occasion for clamping the opponent's arm under the ball. Do you think Saints will go for Wigan in the clubcall if they win?

Rugby League is like a box of chocolates - one day a Hazel Nut Whirl the next a Coffee Creme

I think HKR are in with a really gould chance. Went to watch Wigan v Leeds and as a neutral it was great to watch but the amount of mistakes from both sides was awful. They just about balanced each other out. Must say, though I expect Pie's will disagree, Sam Tomkins is a massive tallent, but his gamesmanship lets him down. A better ref than our French friend would have penalised him on more than one occasion for clamping the opponent's arm under the ball. Do you think Saints will go for Wigan in the clubcall if they win?

Hull KR have zero chance of winning this game.

My money's on the Giants.

Warrington have their CC trophy,I don't think they've got the stomach for the higher intensity games the play offs bring.

Saints had the easiest game of the play offs so far against Wire.

For this reason the Giants will (IMO) frustrate the Wire with a strong defence,and will then kill them off in the last 20, sparing Wilderspool Memories another sustained, abusive, earbashing from all of us neanderthals at Saints :O ,

Whoever wins it should be a great spectacle. Both teams play rugby the right way and huddersfields kicking game is exciting to watch. If leeds don't win this year i'd be happy to see either of these two lift the trophy. Wire by 4 points.

Wire 36-22 Giants

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

60-4, we will win again 60-4,

on their season we'll close the door,

when we win 60-4. :rolleyes:

(Then potter please pick Wigan so i don't have to stand through another 80 mins of evil,hate fuelled scouse vitriol). :mellow:

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

Given your propensity foir spreading vitriol, I would have thought you'd feel right at home.

Wire should win, as they have shown they are streets ahead of the Giants already this year. I think both round 1 losers this year have shown they are robust enough to bounce back from last week's defeats. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brett Hodgson go MIA again - he certainly started his Wire career early in the Cup.

Should be easy street for Wire.

Given your propensity for telling us about your poor treatment at the hands of saints fans.

Should be easy street for Wire.

Edited for accuracy.

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

We were poor against Cru, clearly guilty of massive complacency which hopefully will have been kicked out of them this week.

Earlier in the season when the clubs met Huddersfield were going through seven kinds of turmoil and its a very different team they will face on Saturday.

The major questions are on Bret Hodgson and which team he will be playing for on Saturday really. And if Huddersfield can contain the "Warrington Rush play" in the first 20...contain that and they start to crumble it seems.

Forget mid season results...we got spanked by Wigan then and look at our last result at the Pie Dome.

(Then potter please pick Wigan so Saints don't have to stand through another 80 mins of evil,hate fuelled cheshire vitriol, ie fat ginger barsteward, Sh*t helens Sh*t helens, you fat barsteward etc). :mellow:

Edited for accuracy

It's all about da bass

But as for the Wire game, I think it will be alot closer than the Wire fans think, could even get to squeaky bum time in the last 5 minutes. But then the Wire have always been overly optimistic bunch. I recall a wire fan on another forum saying with 2 games left to go that only Wigan and Warrington deserved to make the grand final after dominating the regular season.

Nothing like hanging off the coat tales of another club.

I'll go with the traditional Briers drop goal to win it but there will not be alot more in it.

It's all about da bass

(Then potter please pick Wigan so i don't have to stand through another 80 mins of evil,hate fuelled scouse vitriol). :mellow:

You honestly think Saints will pick anyone other than Wire, assuming we get through?

Edited by Black Country Wire

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

If there is a score in it, it will be 20 points. Wire have nothing to worry about save for injuries.

I hope not. I've put half of last night's winnings on Huddersfield +10.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.