Disciplinary

davo99

There is no point and any club / player that does not appeal wants certifying. The disciplinary system does not make the job of match officials any easier. Rather, it makes it harder. You only have to look at the positive impact Jim Comans had upon the NRL to see the benefit of a tough stance.

There is no point and any club / player that does not appeal wants certifying. The disciplinary system does not make the job of match officials any easier. Rather, it makes it harder. You only have to look at the positive impact Jim Comans had upon the NRL to see the benefit of a tough stance.

Rubbish!

If you are unsuccessful with an appeal then you are likely to get the ban extended and the fine increased.

It is possible for any tribunal/court of law to get their decisions wrong you know - that's why they have appeal panels.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Rubbish!

If you are unsuccessful with an appeal then you are likely to get the ban extended and the fine increased.

It is possible for any tribunal/court of law to get their decisions wrong you know - that's why they have appeal panels.

I'd agree that that's how it used to be - you appealed, still guilty, extra 2 games for your cheek.

The last couple though, the offenders have still been found guilty of the original offence and just had the bans dropped.

It appears your ban remains if not involved in a vital cup match, but now we have seen two recent removal of bans despite the fine standing.

Not a very good message to send out, and I recall Sykes of the Bulls putting his hand up saying he was guilty of a 'spear' tackle earlier in the season and taking the fine and suspension without complaint. The disciplinary committee are sending out a poor message, and I cannot think of any cases particularly in SL, where the punishment has been increased following a unsuccessful appeal.

Rubbish!

How often does an unsuccessful appeal result in an extended ban so if you want to shout rubbish get your argument straight and supported with information.

When I went to Bayhorse tonight someone was telling me who was on the disciplinary committee. Do we actually know this info in the public domain?

rfl info

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

a wonderful thing was the 3 man panel that decided buderus deserved a 1 match ban in effect next weeks game against wigan had 2 exwigan players on it so he got a 1 match ban.

on appeal the 3 man panel had no exwigan players on it but had 1 exleeds player on it result no ban.

all seems perfectly fair to me.

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.

does life get any better .