Ian Millward off to Salford

There are no quotes in the article from either Ian Millward or Salford. Perhaps they would not be expected but sometimes I think you have to take what the Manchester Evening News says with a pinch of salt. For example towards the end of the 2005 season they ran a story that there would be no relegation at the end of the season and that instead Super League would be increased to 14 clubs. I think it was by the same journo as this article. There have been a couple of threads on this but without the article.

http://www.totalrl.com/index.php?showtopic=208461

http://www.totalrl.com/index.php?showtopic=208179

Edited by chrisl1

Why would a head coach leave to become an assistant elsewhere?

Because he was the head coach at Leigh

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Not sure how the last two thirds of this years Leigh performance enhances your CV...but then he is allegedly applying for Salford...so he probably exceeds expectations ;)

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

That's my point. Why leave the head coaches job at leigh to go and become the Walrus' rubbing rag?

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

From today's Manchester Evening News "Meanwhile, Ian Millward is out of the frame for the role of assistant coach at Salford. Reds claim he did express an interest in the post, but Millward insits he is more than happy to continue at Leigh." But once again no direct quotes from either Ian Millward or Salford.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnew..._of_mystery_man

Edited by chrisl1