Halifax web site

hooker9

Just had a look on halifax's web site as curiosity, had a laugh at a couple of quotes :-

Reports are coming our of Featherstone that ticket sales are also going well, pitting the two teams in to a pre game war.

"We want to beat Featherstone both on and off of the field, the first part of this is tickets. It would be great if we could sell out of our allocations and take more busses and fans to Warrington than Fev. It will be tough but we hope the Halifax public will get behind their team and be that vital 18th man."

DON'T THINK SO !!!! :D

Just had a look on halifax's web site as curiosity, had a laugh at a couple of quotes :-

Reports are coming our of Featherstone that ticket sales are also going well, pitting the two teams in to a pre game war.

"We want to beat Featherstone both on and off of the field, the first part of this is tickets. It would be great if we could sell out of our allocations and take more busses and fans to Warrington than Fev. It will be tough but we hope the Halifax public will get behind their team and be that vital 18th man."

DON'T THINK SO !!!! :D

Whoever said that........ 'You are Matt Calland and I claim my 5 pounds' :lol::lol:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Whilst it will be good to take more fans than Fax what is more important is to try and convert some of them to come to our home matches next season but before then to buy merchandise and food/drink at the club to increase our revenue.

It will be a shame if we take upwards of 4000 yet not see an increase in attendances next year regardless of the result next Sunday.

Don't get too hung up about numbers for the final and the comparison with Fax, just make sure our players know we are there however the match pans out.

No worries on us being out numbered or out sung - cos quite simply it aint going to happen ,

You'd expect Halifax to take more than us, not sure why they are getting so hung up about that, they'd about 27,000 at their last league game so we shouldn't even be close!

If they are worrying about beating us on the number of buses and fans, probably means they don't have much hope on the field!

You'd expect Halifax to take more than us, not sure why they are getting so hung up about that, they'd about 27,000 at their last league game so we shouldn't even be close!

If they are worrying about beating us on the number of buses and fans, probably means they don't have much hope on the field!

The quote back to back finals "this time its ours" on their website suggests otherwise

also on the Halifax forum

Just a quick note, Sky Sports are having an 'open day' on Sunday 26th September (Grand Final day) which means the sports package will be available to all SKY and Virgin Media subscribers. I believe you can also watch it online via SkyBet if you place a qualifying bet.

I would imagine that the majority of people on here will be there in person but it may be of use to those (like me) that don't have Sky Sports and will watch back our glory later on

I've had a look on their forum and unless i've missed it I can't see too many posts about the number of coaches and fans.TBH I think most of that stuff is from our own supporters on here.

It's a quote from thier web page Phil not the forum. :D

Why worry about what our opponents are saying ? We want to generate as much enthusiasm as we can and so do they. The fact that we are discussing this on a public forum could lead to a suggestion that their statergy might be working. Don't let anything put on the web / forum by Halifax fans faze you or be a cause for concern. Just treat it as good natured banter and don't worry about how many fans we or they may bring. Remember there will be six teams playing that day and all will have a following even the Conference sides. Just enjoy the occassion, support the lads as we know you can and then get back to the clubhouse to celebrate the victory.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

###### poor if a place the size of halifax can't outsell us.

i dont really care who has most fans, just be nice to see the ground full and show theres still interest outside of superleague.

Should also prove that for both fev and fax that we can pull in the fans.

I still believe if we ever made it it superleague the attendances would increase above what some superleague teams are getting. its games like this we should be judged on, not whitehaven or batley etc in the league.

Rovers support next week will be awsome Halifax have no idea whats coming. Rovers are not a small club we are a big club, forget the size of featherstone the majority of fans come from ponte, Knottingley and the surrounding villages. I reckon we are in the top 10 big clubs in this country and it will be proved next Sun.

Edited by LOWFIELD