Songs for Sunday

Rovers2010

We've got all the usual tunes in the armoury, is there anything we've missed?

Personally, I don't like the C*s thing, doesn't make us look good and why sing their name on the TV!

Don't want to see us singing 'Rhinos' songs, but I quite like the 'That's why were Champions....', especially as the bloke who complained about our 'Champions' branding was from Halifax!

Can we come up with anything to do with a 'Country Mile', know it was last season, but still works for me!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't like the C*s thing, doesn't make us look good and why sing their name on the TV!

Don't want to see us singing 'Rhinos' songs, but I quite like the 'That's why were Champions....', especially as the bloke who complained about our 'Champions' branding was from Halifax!

Can we come up with anything to do with a 'Country Mile', know it was last season, but still works for me!

nowt wrong with the c*s 1 :happy: and lets just see what comes out of our mouths on day :D

I'm not much of a poet or a musician, but I've aways thought that Featherstone Rovers would fit very nicely into the "Flower of Scotland" tune -

Oh Featherstone Rovers

When will we see your like again?

that's where I get stuck :(

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I'm not much of a poet or a musician, but I've aways thought that Featherstone Rovers would fit very nicely into the "Flower of Scotland" tune -

Oh Featherstone Rovers

That fought and died for

Proud Powells army

and sent Fax homeward

to think again

Anything I post is a personal opinion

Don't sing SHOUT. it comes over as moronic when you denegrate other teams and the one impression we want to give the RFL is that of a responsible club. I'm not a spoilsport, just a re-incarnation of Simon Cowell :D

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

nowt wrong with the c*s 1 :happy: and lets just see what comes out of our mouths on day :D

Why sing a song about c*s . why not concentrate on songs that will gee our boy's up personally think the c*s song is a waste of time .Dont here leeds utd fans singing we hate man utd in the middle of their games . they stick to backing the team playing in front of them ....(my opinion)

"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

GARYS.gif

after one of stu's big hits, to the tune of "now you're gonna believe us".

who the Dickens was that,

who the Dickens was that

who the dickens waaaaaas that

that knocked you on your back

to the tune of Mc Alpines fusiliers

rolling down the glen

came matt callands men

like a set of ballet dancers

their number 9s

a dirty swine

and all the rest are chancers.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Oh Featherstone Rovers

the championeeees

two thousand and ten

now i'm stuck, don't know the tune.

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

What about "you can shove super league up your ass, you can shove super league up your ass, you can shove super league shove super league shove super league up your ass"

Save that 1 for the Hop pole mate :blush:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Aswell as being a Rovers fan i'm also a Sheff Wednesday fan (sshh) we sing the song - I O silver lining every where we go now baby...................... and replace the silver lining with sheffield wednesday, think this may work with featherstone rovers??????

Bet this as got you all singing it LOL :D

Aswell as being a Rovers fan i'm also a Sheff Wednesday fan (sshh) we sing the song - I O silver lining every where we go now baby...................... and replace the silver lining with sheffield wednesday, think this may work with featherstone rovers??????

Bet this as got you all singing it LOL :D

sheff wednesday?, shouldn't that be "I OWE".

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

As a fellow Rovers/Wednesday follower I too think that a Featherstone rendition of Jeff Becks 'Hi ho silver lining' would be awesome. We already share the same motto 'Consilio et animis' so why not belt out ' hi ho Featherstone Rovers' as well.

Should sound well with three thousand belting it out.

Come on the Boys

RTID

Why sing a song about c*s . why not concentrate on songs that will gee our boy's up personally think the c*s song is a waste of time .Dont here leeds utd fans singing we hate man utd in the middle of their games . they stick to backing the team playing in front of them ....(my opinion)

Good god you cant watch Leeds much, i was a season ticket holder for many years and still go now and then they never ever stop singing anty Chelsea songs before, during and after games and throw in the odd anty man u chant. Nothing wrong with anty Cas songs dont you remember the year they played Haven in the final and they never stopped singing "no nay never will we play the fev rovers no more" and boy did that song come back and bite em. I remember Hull KR in the final at Warrington a few years back they never shut up for 80 mins, and thats what we have to do, doesnt matter what we sing anty Cas songs, any bleeding anybody songs just make some noise and a lot of it for the whole 80 mins if i can speak next morning i will of failed

Edited by LOWFIELD

as long as we dont sing marching on togather im not bothered what gets sung, its a leeds #### song and should stay that way.

theres always

were featherstone rovers

featherstone rovers rlfc

were by far the greatest team,

the world has ever seen

repeated

should sound familier to any wednesday fans, if fev replaced with another (better) south yorkie team

as long as we dont sing marching on togather im not bothered what gets sung, its a leeds #### song and should stay that way.

theres always

were featherstone rovers

featherstone rovers rlfc

were by far the greatest team,

the world has ever seen

repeated

should sound familier to any wednesday fans, if fev replaced with another (better) south yorkie team

Well i wouldnt put the sentences worlds greatest team and Sheff wed together maybe saddest fans that went to europe once and came back and claimed a european folk song, maybe,

anyway marching on together was a song sung many a year in the bullock shed, but like i say any song will do its just noise we need and lots of it