Songs for Sunday

Rovers2010

There is also " You ve Been Tonkered, Youve Been Tonkered when steam rollers em all.

Sometime during the day we must pay tribute to our captain marvel Stu, think the song I did went

"Theres Only One Stuart Dickens,

One Stuart Dickens,

Steaming Along, Till The Rovers Have Won,

Captain Of The Rovers Super Team"

and another must -: There only one Garreth Swift. One Garreth Swift

Shame we all didnt learn a few lyrics to "Are We Human, Or are We Rovers" would have gone down well at the final

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i wouldnt put the sentences worlds greatest team and Sheff wed together

maybe you didn't read the post either, as no one was putting worlds best team and sheff wednesday in the same sentance.

its a decent chant anyway and featherstone would fit into it well

what about "U'll never beat fev rovers. U'll never beat fev rovers" repeatedly. But i cant think of a way to describe the tune of it.

I like it :D best be careful what you put though, we get visitors from the Fax forum and they don't like it if you say things like that (desperately searching for another teams Country Mile epic me thinks)

Cummins Out.

i dont like it when they sing about c*s because its completely irrelevant when we're playing a different team.

here's some ideas....

Super, super Stu

Super, super Stu

Super, super Stu

Super Stuart Dickens!!

The futures bright, its blue & white!!

Champions, and you know we are!!

You're only here to watch the Fev!!

Are you watching Super League?!!

We're the famous Fev and we're off to Warrington, Warrington, Warrington!!

Why sing a song about c*s . why not concentrate on songs that will gee our boy's up personally think the c*s song is a waste of time .Dont here leeds utd fans singing we hate man utd in the middle of their games . they stick to backing the team playing in front of them ....(my opinion)

yes they do.... they sing stand up if you hate man U

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

as long as we dont sing marching on togather im not bothered what gets sung, its a leeds #### song and should stay that way.

theres always

were featherstone rovers

featherstone rovers rlfc

were by far the greatest team,

the world has ever seen

repeated

should sound familier to any wednesday fans, if fev replaced with another (better) south yorkie team

We used to sing marching on together over 20 years ago in the biullock shed, it sounded great in the confined space......... way before the whinos sang it

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

i dont like it when they sing about c*s because its completely irrelevant when we're playing a different team.

here's some ideas....

Super, super Stu

Super, super Stu

Super, super Stu

Super Stuart Dickens!!

The futures bright, its blue & white!!

Champions, and you know we are!!

You're only here to watch the Fev!!

Are you watching Super League?!!

No i think were better off with the anti cas song to be honest

i always thought we could nick the HKR chant where they spell the word rovers - should go well in a big group & and doesn't take much starting up...

Nick it off hull kr ! we were singing that in the bullock shed many moons ago

Seems to be mixed feelings about the c*s song. I think it goes against everything the club is trying to do (community/family) and makes us out to be a little moronic, we don't have to like them and just because Leeds Utd sing about various clubs doesn't seem like a viable reason for us to do it. It's not even an uplifting jovial song that the players can feed off!

One Gareth Swift, Tonka's gonna get you and Stu Dickens tunes are all liking to get us a response from the lads. 'That's why we're champions' will raise a chuckle, if we're in a position to sing it!

ONe things for sure

Simon Cowell can sleep easy and as for singing we haven't time for rehearsals and by the read of it we need them.

At 7 o'clock I shall sing

" The Day thou gave us Lord has ended" and hopefully follow it with " Marching to Glory" the saving grace is no-one else will hear me. I suggest you all meet up prior to kick off and rehearse a song ( without swear words) and perhaps Briitains Got talent judges will put you on next year. :D:D

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Seems to be mixed feelings about the c*s song. I think it goes against everything the club is trying to do (community/family) and makes us out to be a little moronic, we don't have to like them and just because Leeds Utd sing about various clubs doesn't seem like a viable reason for us to do it. It's not even an uplifting jovial song that the players can feed off!

One Gareth Swift, Tonka's gonna get you and Stu Dickens tunes are all liking to get us a response from the lads. 'That's why we're champions' will raise a chuckle, if we're in a position to sing it!

Anyone who doesnt like it its simple "dont sing it"

You will never ever ever get Rovers fans to stop singing anti Cas songs im afraid thats just the way life is theres no point even talking about it

Anyone who doesnt like it its simple "dont sing it"

You will never ever ever get Rovers fans to stop singing anti Cas songs im afraid thats just the way life is theres no point even talking about it

Absolutely nothing wrong with a micky take of our neighbours and some humour about them in a tune, but a song with 'shooting & sc*m' in its content is pretty pathetic. Can't imagine for a minute it uplifts the players, the primary purpose for making a noise I believe and won't endear us to new supporters or the neutrals.

Is there any 'good' reason for singing it?

Absolutely nothing wrong with a micky take of our neighbours and some humour about them in a tune, but a song with 'shooting & sc*m' in its content is pretty pathetic. Can't imagine for a minute it uplifts the players, the primary purpose for making a noise I believe and won't endear us to new supporters or the neutrals.

Most songs are pretty pathetic and childish really, like i say if you dont like it then dont sing it simples. I reckon the players wont even know whats been sung they will be that focused all they will hear is a noise. I dont really think people want anyone shot do you? A good rivalry is healthy i reckon.

Is there any reason for singing any song? only 1 i can think of is to make a din.

You ought to got to a Leeds v Man Utd game, or Liverpool V Man Utd, or Celtic V Rangers boy do they sing some vile songs to each other but i will bet you any amount of money you like the players love playing in that kind of atmosphere, just like our players will on Sunday and they wont care what songs are sung.

You also say wont endear us to new or neutral supporters well i tell you something neither will playing in a silent soulless atmosphere

I know some Cas fans who think it's quite amusing. We live and work with them every day and they take the banter just as we have to from them and don't take it too seriously.

I can think of a good reason to sing it....Most Fev fans know the words and what it does is get fans going and that generates some atmosphere.I'm not knocking the Are we humans or are we rovers song but wouldn't have a clue as to the rest of it and apart from the chorus it doesn't do anything for me personally but I didn't like the original, that said if enough do like it and it gets the fans singing then that's good.

The "are we human "song is ideal for a pub karaoke and every one shouts Rovers but no good for a game because as you say no one knows the words, lets just make as much noise as possible

the way its going, well all have to show no emotion that offends anyone , no booing ,no jumping up when we score , and only sing to lyrics wrote by the producers of in the midnight garden

the way its going, well all have to show no emotion that offends anyone , no booing ,no jumping up when we score , and only sing to lyrics wrote by the producers of in the midnight garden

The new Rovers "right on" brigade mate, does my head in,

you can just imagine the Hull KR forum before a big game and threads about not singing owt about FC, or vice versa, not

The new Rovers "right on" brigade mate, does my head in,

you can just imagine the Hull KR forum before a big game and threads about not singing owt about FC, or vice versa, not

lol not half mate ,

The "are we human "song is ideal for a pub karaoke and every one shouts Rovers but no good for a game because as you say no one knows the words, lets just make as much noise as possible

Every new song that is introduced takes some learning by the fans , just takes someone with a big gob to get it started.

A shortened chorus is very easy to remember and is as always upto the individual if they wanna sing as with the "Should I Be Rovers, Should I Be C*s" song(surely the longest song we sing)

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers,

Our Time For Winning, Is Here And Now,

So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear Ya Singing.

Are We Human , Or Are We Rovers

Doesnt matter what we sing as long as we sing loudly together and cheer the lads on to a fantastic victory

ONLY 5 MORE SLEEPS :D :D :D

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

I don't have a problem showing our local neighbours what we think off them.

I also don't care what we sing on Sunday but lets do our part and give it our all, especially if the match enters a sticky patch for us. For me that is when the team needs to hear us the most.

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

I also don't care what we sing on Sunday but lets do our part and give it our all, especially if the match enters a sticky patch for us. For me that is when the team needs to hear us the most.

thats when we give it "there's only one Gareth Swift".

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Every new song that is introduced takes some learning by the fans , just takes someone with a big gob to get it started.

A shortened chorus is very easy to remember and is as always upto the individual if they wanna sing as with the "Should I Be Rovers, Should I Be C*s" song(surely the longest song we sing)

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers,

Our Time For Winning, Is Here And Now,

So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear Ya Singing.

Are We Human , Or Are We Rovers

Doesnt matter what we sing as long as we sing loudly together and cheer the lads on to a fantastic victory

ONLY 5 MORE SLEEPS :D :D :D

See my comments under different thread. Now we are in red we can sing my rendition of Land of Hope and Glory. Because we are blue and white and playing in red. Ged it?

Once more;

Land of Hope and Glory

Featherstone Rovers are we

how we adore thee

Top of the tree.

Not doing any more without encouragement. Col. Bring your Union Jack.