Songs for Sunday

Rovers2010

Got my union jack

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about "castlefored is full of shiiiiite, shiiite and more shiiiiite" etc for the full 80 mins how awsome would that be

That would be funny , theres some funny suggestions on here mate are we taking a choir to sing some of em ,

We certainly are taking a choir , its called "Daryl Powells Barmy Army". O thats another song to the list n Barmy Army will be another.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

See my comments under different thread. Now we are in red we can sing my rendition of Land of Hope and Glory. Because we are blue and white and playing in red. Ged it?

Once more;

Land of Hope and Glory

Featherstone Rovers are we

how we adore thee

Top of the tree.

Not doing any more without encouragement. Col. Bring your Union Jack.

SEEING WE ARE IN RED HOW ABOUT:

Red, white and blue OR: We are white and blue

what does it mean to you We know you are too

steady and strong But we're the tops

marching along Not the flops

Fev are the bold brigade. Its goodbye not howdoye do.

Quite like the second one.

when i watched the fax match last week i noticed they nicked our get in to em song from the week before, at least they can add that to the only other one they have

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

what about "castlefored is full of shiiiiite, shiiite and more shiiiiite" etc for the full 80 mins how awsome would that be

It won't make the top ten but at least they could effluence it a bit.

and people question what are we going to sing, it's obvious, we sing owt as long as it makes us look stupid, and moronic. Why not try singing the songs my dad used to sing ( and he COULD sing) Hearts of Oak .

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

It won't make the top ten but at least they could effluence it a bit.

and people question what are we going to sing, it's obvious, we sing owt as long as it makes us look stupid, and moronic. Why not try singing the songs my dad used to sing ( and he COULD sing) Hearts of Oak .

Thats the problem Bob, most of the people i hang about with are Stupid and moronic and the ones that arnt are alcoholics. Im going to find some new friends

Thats the problem Bob, most of the people i hang about with are Stupid and moronic and the ones that arnt are alcoholics. Im going to find some new friends

you're better off staying with like minded people, and they're not pink, they're red,like your nose. :P

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

I'll let Louis Walsh know David, but despite my old fashioned grumbling ENJOY Yourselves and have a great day out. as for singing ? Well I'll tell you my voice is so bad, that I leave the room before I start so i don't have to listen to myself.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

I'll let Louis Walsh know David, but despite my old fashioned grumbling ENJOY Yourselves and have a great day out. as for singing ? Well I'll tell you my voice is so bad, that I leave the room before I start so i don't have to listen to myself.

How about somthing easy:

FEV - FEV- FEV - FEV- FE......V (slowly and loudly)

Flatcappers flatcappers flatcappers faltcape-------R- (fast)

---OVERS- ROVERS- ROVERS- ROVERS

champs champs champs champs.

back in the day

hail hail the rovers are here what the hell do we care etc etc was the song of choice we also sang shoot the #### but only when we played them

sunday considering the size of the following made up of lots who don't go regularly me thinks any songs will fall on deaf ears lets get them all chanting ROVERS ROVERS ROVERS on mass and turn up the heat!!!!!

I no 4000+ fev fans singing at the top of our voices " when I was just a little boy" waint half get hairs on mi neck stood up! Anti cas songs my a**e!! It takes 1 minute then it's back to some good old rovers songs! Can't see the problem, can't see the problem tbh!

Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

Totally agree Rob ,its gonna be fantastic. 2more sleeps, 2more sleeps, 2more sleeps is wot i ve been singing all day n one of my sleeps is only 4hrs after night shift tonight but 1 n half sleeps to go dont rhyme :D

Totally agree Rob ,its gonna be fantastic. 2more sleeps, 2more sleeps, 2more sleeps is wot i ve been singing all day n one of my sleeps is only 4hrs after night shift tonight but 1 n half sleeps to go dont rhyme :D

Tony Kenny is mentioned, quite rightly, on another thread. It says he started the new drive forward with Friends of Featherstone. So simply can we shout:

Thanks TK we are on our way

ROVERS, ROVERS ROVERS.

Some 48 years ago I seem to remember going to a game direct from school (around 1961/2). The game was in Leeds (Headingley I think). Can't remember whether it was a Challange Cup game, or Yorkshire Cup game. We had some words to the tune 'Beautiful dreamer'. It mentioned several players of the day, but I never had a copy of the words to keep. I wonder whether anyone else has them, or can even remember the song?

Down in the Castleford slums

They go through the dust bins for something to eat

They found a dead rat and they thought it was meat

Down in the Castleford slums.

Or another one from years ago.

Hail, hail the Rovers are here,

What the hell do we care,

What the hell do we care now.

Oh, it's a grand old team to play for,

it's a grand old team to see,

and if you know your history it's enough to make your heart go woo, woo woo, woo.

We don't care what the Cas fans say, what the hell do we care

For we always know, there's gonna be a show and Featherstone Rovers will be there er eer!

................................................................................

Or something like that

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

They go through the dust bins for something to eat

They found a dead rat and they thought it was meat

Down in the Castleford slums.

Or another one from years ago.

We already sing that hail hail song in the pub, scoff usually gets us singing it at away games. The when I was just a little boy song is also sung regularly, why can't we change the c@s word for fax? Just for the day on both the songs? heres one example:-

What the hell do we care now.

Oh, it's a grand old team to play for,

it's a grand old team to see,

and if you know your history it's enough to make your heart go woo, woo woo, woo.

We don't care what the fax fans say, what the hell do we care

For we always know, there's gonna be a show and Featherstone Rovers will be there er eer!

................................................................................

Or something like that

Edited by dropdeadfred