Fev

TheDuke

for a start, st helens has ###### all to do with liverpool, having a totally different culture and accent, just for you my ignorant yorkie of apparent welsh descent to be a scouser you have to be born in the old town area of liverpool which is roughly from the mersey to kensington. anyone born out side this area is a wait for it.........LACASTRIAN not just a liverpudlian because liverpudlians are also LACASTRIANS, that means the disricts of huyton, west derby, hunts cross, crosby etc etc etc are not historically in the town of liverpool and therefore are not scousers. now as for st helens the town has never and is still not associated in any way shape or form with liverpool, as for the slight of the "social security, i think that you will find that the city of bradford has more people claiming benefits per capita than st helens which is roughly the same size as bradford. so rather than trotting out the same old tired line about st heleners being scousers, please try researching your posts before making a complete ###### of yourself again in the future.................

ha, ha you whooly backs have never had a sense humour and your as thik as pig shiiiite 1 good way to wind a wooly up is call hima scouser. Well done dummy hook line and sinker

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To say Fev are a small club is a bit of a myth to be honest, for sure the town is small but people outside dont realise the club pulls in passionate support from the towns Pontefract and knottingley as well as all the surrounding villages, this is why the club have the unique world record of having many crowds above the population. rovers arnt a small club and with a bit of success and a pro-active board the crowds will increase. As for the ground, well plans are well on the way the ground will be improved and capacity increased over the next few seasons, there is also plans to utilise the 18 acres of land the club owns. Rovers could be a very wealthy club with a decent fan base and a tidy modern ground that meets requirements in a few years and as for backers the club as a couple of backers mark Cambell and Andy Mcneil, watch out because Rovers the small village that as took on and beaten the giants of the game in years gone by are ready to do it again

Out of interest, what is the population of Featherstone and when did a crowd at PO Road exceed that? I don't think Featherstone will ever be invited to join SL.

Viking Warrior n Lowfield have it spot on.Only outside of Merseyside would anyone consider a Sintillener a Scouser and to a Scouser wer're forever as wooly backed as anyone from deepest Yorkshire and no surer wind up than to call us Scousers.

Given the outward spread of council housing since at least the 1930s it is pedantic not to consider the inhabitants of West Derby,Kirby,Huyton ,Halewood etc as anything other than Scousers.

When I was going to school in West Derby in the 1970s you'd occassionaly met a true "native" in their 70s or 80s who had a SW Lancashire accent but it was rare enough to be thought exceptional.

ha, ha you whooly backs have never had a sense humour and your as thik as pig shiiiite 1 good way to wind a wooly up is call hima scouser. Well done dummy hook line and sinker

If only everyone could be as erudite and well spoken as you most certainly are. I will obviously assume that you spelled "thick" and used "your" incorrectly as an attempt at supreme irony.

One question though, why have you used two versions of the word "wooly" in the same sentence?

But surely those Players who had won Whitehaven promotion wouldn't have had to leave their jobs if they didn't want to would they ? No one would have forced them to sign a Super League contract. They could easily have said " no thanks, i'm happy as i am " and signed for Workington or another Club.

Of course once promoted the players could have left the club and gone elsewhere, but that's the point. They were a sucessful side and faced either a season in Superleague as professionals giving up valuabale jobs, or being broken up as a side. Hardly the sort of "prize" rhese lads wanted. Castleford on the other hand were eager for SL and the game was won very early on. Not my analysis but from a well respected poster from Cumbria.

Out of interest, what is the population of Featherstone and when did a crowd at PO Road exceed that? I don't think Featherstone will ever be invited to join SL.

Fevs population is 14k

In 1958 we drew 17,531 V Saints in the cup, year before there was 15k against the same team and remember in those days away support was minimal, we topped it a couple of times in the 60s 15k v cas in 67 and also a couple of times in the 70s, once against Salford in the cup.

Featherstone probably will never be invited into super league you are correct but that is why the system is wrong

Fevs population is 14k

In 1958 we drew 17,531 V Saints in the cup, year before there was 15k against the same team and remember in those days away support was minimal, we topped it a couple of times in the 60s 15k v cas in 67 and also a couple of times in the 70s, once against Salford in the cup.

Featherstone probably will never be invited into super league you are correct but that is why the system is wrong

I would guess that the Saints team of that era would have supporters cramming up the buses to follow them wherever they played. Cas is round the corner. Salford with Watkins, Fielding were a bit of a glamour club back then. Are attendances from nearly 40 years ago really relevant to this era?

shouldn't you be tearing down goalposts or throwing lighters at players or damaging cars belonging to visiting fans.............thick vandalizing hull tw'at!!

Edited by Viking Warrior

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

I would guess that the Saints team of that era would have supporters cramming up the buses to follow them wherever they played. Cas is round the corner. Salford with Watkins, Fielding were a bit of a glamour club back then. Are attendances from nearly 40 years ago really relevant to this era?

read the bloody thread i was answering a question, busses crammed in 58, i doubt it and it says in the history book saints never sold all there tickets, salford were a glamour club hence the big crowd of eager home fans, and the game was the 1st to ever be advertised on TV

ha, ha shut up you scouse git

licolnshire wazzock......

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

most importantly they are currently the best team in their division

i genuinley feel for widnes as the were dicked, but sentiment doesnt make a good franchise bid. i feel they are lasking in their division badly, only being average this season

You clearly don't understand how franchising works if you make such simplistic comments.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I don't usually post on this forum because I don't agree with a lot that is posted but because this is Grand Final week I am making an exception.

I don't for one minute expect Fev to ever have a chance of winning Super League but as a supporter all I ask is a fair opportunity to compete against the best.

I did not grow up loving the game because I thought we were going to win the League. I enjoyed it because when we took on the likes of Wigan, Leeds and St Helens at Post Office Road we always had a chance of winning. The atmosphere was so special and we had some great days.

I might get accused of living in the past but we are a club just as big as some clubs already in the Super League.

I would of course be delighted if Fev ever got a franchise but I would be more happy if the RFL would remove the unfair Franchise rule altogether and allowed promotion and relegation again.

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

I don't usually post on this forum because I don't agree with a lot that is posted but because this is Grand Final week I am making an exception.

I don't for one minute expect Fev to ever have a chance of winning Super League but as a supporter all I ask is a fair opportunity to compete against the best.

I did not grow up loving the game because I thought we were going to win the League. I enjoyed it because when we took on the likes of Wigan, Leeds and St Helens at Post Office Road we always had a chance of winning. The atmosphere was so special and we had some great days.

I might get accused of living in the past but we are a club just as big as some clubs already in the Super League.

I would of course be delighted if Fev ever got a franchise but I would be more happy if the RFL would remove the unfair Franchise rule altogether and allowed promotion and relegation again.

Almost everyone top to bottom in the championship feels the same. Long term, franchising will kill the game down here.

Are Fev the best placed team to come into the next round of franchising,

they are solvent

they have theyre own ground and plans afoot for development

they have decent youth development

they have a good coach

most importantly they are currently the best team in their division

i genuinley feel for widnes as the were dicked, but sentiment doesnt make a good franchise bid. i feel they are lasking in their division badly, only being average this season

So have in mind that fev don't have the ground or the Averaqe attandance then really you should be in agreement that Fax should be in line, Last year grand final, this year grand final, 2008 finished 3rd, 2007 finished 2nd. we have a tick box for attendance and for the ground that was completed earlier this year.

A gigantic injury list, the worst I've seen us have in all my years, personal issues of the coach and actually relying on our youth and giving them a shot, and in spite of this we did actually make the play offs, and have been to the NRC final twice and won it once in two seasons.

What and Halifax have not had Major injuries this year then ?. still in the grand final, Its the Job of the Coach to sort this out. We managed, must mean we have a better coach then. We all have the same salary cap fella.

Fevs population is 14k

Feathersteone Rovers' largest crowd of 17,531 was in 1959 not 1958

I'm not sure where you get the 15,000 againt St helens the year before fom since the club's record for a League game is less than that 14,990 aainst wakefield in 1962. maybe it was another cup game

te 1940s and 1950s as well as the early 1960s was a boom time fpor spectator sport in the UK. To say that away support was 'minimal' back then is of dubious credibility. I was at the saints game it was an unforgettable experience. There were masses of saints fans at the game..

I struggle to find the 15,000+ attendances you mention against Castleford and salford in the 1960s and 70s. Perhaps you could be more specific. If you are correct, then the history of the club needs re writing.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Feathersteone Rovers' largest crowd of 17,531 was in 1959 not 1958

I'm not sure where you get the 15,000 againt St helens the year before fom since the club's record for a League game is less than that 14,990 aainst wakefield in 1962. maybe it was another cup game

te 1940s and 1950s as well as the early 1960s was a boom time fpor spectator sport in the UK. To say that away support was 'minimal' back then is of dubious credibility. I was at the saints game it was an unforgettable experience. There were masses of saints fans at the game..

I struggle to find the 15,000+ attendances you mention against Castleford and salford in the 1960s and 70s. Perhaps you could be more specific. If you are correct, then the history of the club needs re writing.

a quickcheck reveals that when Rovers plyed saints in 58, the year before the record breaking crowd there was a crowd of 15,700: a 5-0 win to Rovers.

In 1952 14,344 watatched Rovers beat Wigan in the 3rd round of the cup.

Thre is no record of crowds approaching those you mention at PO Road inthe 60s and 70s.

Keeping it local

a quickcheck reveals that when Rovers plyed saints in 58, the year before the record breaking crowd there was a crowd of 15,700: a 5-0 win to Rovers.

In 1952 14,344 watatched Rovers beat Wigan in the 3rd round of the cup.

Thre is no record of crowds approaching those you mention at PO Road inthe 60s and 70s.

and your supposed to be the heritage officer?

One of Rovers most famous games ever the one in the snow, the year before the record crowd and you had to go and check up.

What about the cup 1/4 final against Cas in 1967 the year we won the cup i think the crowd was 14,500 if there is no record it does need rewriting, in 1970 we played Salford in the cup and again over 14k there then 3 years later we played them again only 9k this time.

Very poor you not knowing this and being the Heritage officer, ok i said 15k and there wasnt quite if were being pedantic but the question was beating the population which is given as 14k

Edited by LOWFIELD

and your supposed to be the heritage officer?

One of Rovers most famous games ever the one in the snow, the year before the record crowd and you had to go and check up.

What about the cup 1/4 final against Cas in 1967 the year we won the cup i think the crowd was 14,500 if there is no record it does need rewriting, in 1970 we played Salford in the cup and again over 14k there then 3 years later we played them again only 9k this time.

Very poor you not knowing this and being the Heritage officer

correct, since you gave the incorrect year in the first place. It always pays to check don't you think?

you are clearly clueless about what the job entails and the work that goes into it, which is difficult and time and effort consuming, albeit satisfying and enjoyable. Next time you go to the Rovers' club house have a look around you or ask any member of the BOD. Next job the hall of fame up date-and the continuation of the team photograph btime line on the corridor-maybe you'd like to do it yourself.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

Keeping it local

correct, since you gave the incorrect year in the first place. It always pays to check don't you think?

you are clearly clueless about what the job entails and the work that goes into it, which is difficult and time and effort consuming, albeit satisfying and enjoyable. Next time you go to the Rovers' club house have a look around you or ask any member of the BOD. Next job the hall of fame up date-and the continuation of the team photograph btime line on the corridor-maybe you'd like to do it yourself.

You start all this Chris and you cant take it back, you implied i didnt know what i was talking about saying no records of the crowds i mentioned and saying the history books need re-writing

No i wouldnt like to do it

Yes it does pay to check Chris before typing pity you didnt dont you think, because i think youv just made yourself look a bit daft.

My father in law was at the saints game and the one in the snow the year before and he says the opposite to you i tend to believe him

Edited by LOWFIELD

What and Halifax have not had Major injuries this year then ?. still in the grand final, Its the Job of the Coach to sort this out. We managed, must mean we have a better coach then. We all have the same salary cap fella.

You can't compare our injury list with Fax's. You really can't. We had enough players out at one stage to put out a full team. At no stage of the season were we able to give the same team a good run to get used to each other.

I don't think it's appropriate to knock our coach either. We're all familiar with the difficulties he had away from the pitch this season.

You start all this Chris and you cant take it back, you implied i didnt know what i was talking about saying no records of the crowds i mentioned and saying the history books need re-writing

No i wouldnt like to do it

Yes it does pay to check Chris before typing pity you didnt dont you think, because i think youv just made yourself look a bit daft.

My father in law was at the saints game and the one in the snow the year before and he says the opposite to you i tend to believe him

no I just took the trouble to supply you with some information. Regarding the history books-I checked the crowds with Terry Jones Rovers' archivist, a good friend and someone I worl with closely- it was him who said that as far as he knew there were no 15,000+ crowds at POR.

I think you've made yourself look a bit crass and obnoxious...again. Anyway the jobs yours-you start Friday with a day of materials buying, archiving and research, printing, picture framing, and mounting: they go up next week.

Keeping it local

no I just took the trouble to supply you with some information. Regarding the history books-I checked the crowds with Terry Jones Rovers' archivist, a good friend and someone I worl with closely- it was him who said that as far as he knew there were no 15,000+ crowds at POR.

I think you've made yourself look a bit crass and obnoxious...again. Anyway the jobs yours-you start Friday with a day of materials buying, archiving and research, printing, picture framing, and mounting: they go up next week.

Iv got a job thanks and dont want another,

read your initial post it was sarcastic and rude in my opinion talk to people like that and dont expect a nice reply.

I have no intention of debating with you, and if you want my advice you will read Ron Baileys fifty of the finest matches.

Edited by LOWFIELD