Rhys and Ben Evans Choose England

Very sad news but, under the current system, there is still time for them to come to their senses.

B)

It sounds like Rhys Evans fancies flying to the world cup business class instead of roughing it with the rest of the Celtic teams. Will Rhys be looking at his feet just like Brian Carney did during the english national anthem?

I aint impressed and in a way it sums up all that is wrong with RL at International level.

The likes of Wales, Scotland and Ireland have no future in our game as Test playing nations, sad but true.

I think thats a bit premature , we are only just beginning to see the fruits of four and more years of development of RL in South Wales in particular, providing a predominantly Welsh born and bred playing squad.There is plenty of time yet.

Got to say as a Welshman myself ,despite my father being English I would never want to play for England but obviously these lads don't feel the same, they are well settled in Cheshire now and see an easier and probably better funded path to progress playing for the 'Sais'. That difference just doesnt exist here in Union, if anything its the opposite.Just another couple of names to join the likes of Carvell and Halley.... but also just another obstacle on the way to glory for Welsh RL!!

Definately need a touring GB Lions side, and have it periodically like the Union version , this story is not a reason to curtail the development of national sides however, given four more years England might just have some serious opposition on both sides of the Channel.

Edited by cardifcrusaderrob

CARDIFF CITY RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB cardiffrugbyleague.com
BLUE BLUE BLUE DRAGONS!
Rygbi Gynghrair Cymru am byth

Absolutely.

As a Warrington and Wales supporter I am ashamed of this decision.

Who is advising/influencing these young lads?

They can play for who they like - if they fancy playing for a welsh team which matters they can later switch to union. Sad but true

The likes of Wales, Scotland and Ireland have no future in our game as Test playing nations, sad but true.

What the hell are you on about, Wendy?? :huh:

Aren't you happy that article claimed Warrington finished top of the league? :lol:

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

I think thats a bit premature , we are only just beginning to see the fruits of four and more years of development of RL in South Wales in particular, providing a predominantly Welsh born and bred playing squad.There is plenty of time yet.

Got to say as a Welshman myself ,despite my father being English I would never want to play for England but obviously these lads don't feel the same, they are well settled in Cheshire now and see an easier and probably better funded path to progress playing for the 'Sais'. That difference just doesnt exist here in Union, if anything its the opposite.Just another couple of names to join the likes of Carvell and Halley.... but also just another obstacle on the way to glory for Welsh RL!!

Definately need a touring GB Lions side, and have it periodically like the Union version , this story is not a reason to curtail the development of national sides however, given four more years England might just have some serious opposition on both sides of the Channel.

CARDIFF CITY RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB cardiffrugbyleague.com
BLUE BLUE BLUE DRAGONS!
Rygbi Gynghrair Cymru am byth

Poor old Richard Lewis. We all know how desperately he doesn't want this to happen but those nasty Aussies are putting a gun to his head. He doesn't want him organisation to poach players from Wales, Ireland and Tonga etc but what on earth is he to do about it? He's only the boss of the RFL, it's out of his control.

They can play for who they like - if they fancy playing for a welsh team which matters they can later switch to union. Sad but true

If they fancy playing for an england side that matters, recent world cup winner etc, they can switch to english union. Sad but true. Steve Mcnamara should refuse to pick them, problem solved.

If they fancy playing for an england side that matters, recent world cup winner etc, they can switch to english union. Sad but true. Steve Mcnamara should refuse to pick them, problem solved.

How can England pick Willie Manu and Maurie Faasavalu and refuse to pick the Evans boys? Apart from anything else, it's probably against European human rights or employment legislation.

The best thing is, after a few seasons under McNamara, there's a fair chance that they wont be good enough for the Welsh team.

Cymru am byth.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Born and Bred Welsh

Lived in England for 5 years and now qualify for England.

For the good of the Welsh game this MUST be stopped.

Yes Rhys has been tipped for the very top, but this is not good news for Wales.

I disagree with this, its WRONG for me.

Wales needs its best players in the RED shirt.

How can England pick Willie Manu and Maurie Faasavalu and refuse to pick the Evans boys? Apart from anything else, it's probably against European human rights or employment legislation.

The best thing is, after a few seasons under McNamara, there's a fair chance that they wont be good enough for the Welsh team.

Cymru am byth.

I didn't have a problem with Warrington signing them. Or with Warrington finding a house and a job for their mother so that they could move to Warrington and attend the academey but finding them a natonality, well that is something else.