Maurice Lindsay article

carlos

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'It took me four or five years to make Wigan competitive. Preston is pretty much the same, quite rundown as well. But I'm not on a crusade any more. The crusade to reform rugby worked but I don't think I've got enough time left to complete that crusade in football.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l#ixzz10BycUl7K

Like this bit, Preston ain't nowhere near as rundown as Wigan though! :rolleyes:

There are those on this forum who are too young to know about Lindsay 20 years ago. If there is more to say about "the same financial management at Preston as he did at Wigan and the RFL", then say it.

Well the RFL Accounts were not signed of for a few years after Uncle Mo left, His finacal leacay to the RFL 'appeared' not to be too rosey. (ditto Wigan).

He's right up there for me, right up there on the list that contains Hitler, Cameron and Thatcher, utter #####.

I can accept the latter two, but isn't comparing Mo to Hitler losing sight of perspective slightly?

People called Romans they go the house

There are those on this forum who are too young to know about Lindsay 20 years ago. If there is more to say about "the same financial management at Preston as he did at Wigan and the RFL", then say it.
Proper ######.Like the bit where he's slagging off Capello and comparing himself to him because he was Great Britain manager down under.Well forgive me if i'm wrong but we never won a series against Australia with Uncle Mo in charge.Talks a load o ######.

A lot of very bitter and twisted people in these forums.

Lindsay and 3 directors resurrected Wigan and when he left Wigan the financial side was fine but a bitter personal struggle between Robinson / Whelan and the SL War and the financial drain of a new stand proved costly. However, to blame Lindsay is totally incorrect.

The RFL. Internally no idea what happened but he could claim to have secured a big money SKY deal for the whole sport

If you read the accompanying articles on Preston you would realise that he is making huge cuts / savings.

Whilst the Gregory incident was very poorly handled Lindsay dealt with many issues full on so your comment is totally unfounded.

So so wrong, read the book, read the bit about the letter early august and going back on his word.

ML is a total ###### house.

also tried to stop a Wigan / Wires match as he (Lindsay) wanted a Wigan / Leigh and complained to Mike that he was belittling Leigh.

ML is a total and utter 5h1thouse.....Get your red tinted glasses off and UNDERSTAND.

So so wrong, read the book, read the bit about the letter early august and going back on his word.

ML is a total ###### house.

also tried to stop a Wigan / Wires match as he (Lindsay) wanted a Wigan / Leigh and complained to Mike that he was belittling Leigh.

ML is a total and utter 5h1thouse.....Get your red tinted glasses off and UNDERSTAND.

Perhaps you should take your Primose & Blue ones off.

Whelan / Lindsay dealt with Mike poorly. I have read the book too. Although remember this is one view only. Although it is a view I am prepared to believe.

Would Mike Greg have been able to continue as Wigan coach. Sadly No asnd that was a tragic loss because Wigan would have gone forward uber him BUT the reality is his health prevented him from coaching any longer. Should Wigan have offered him more assistance etc Yes.

Blackpool have a similar tragedy at the moment with Phil Parkinson.

Other than Mike Greg your description / your view is unfounded

Perhaps you should take your Primose & Blue ones off.

Whelan / Lindsay dealt with Mike poorly. I have read the book too. Although remember this is one view only. Although it is a view I am prepared to believe.

Would Mike Greg have been able to continue as Wigan coach. Sadly No asnd that was a tragic loss because Wigan would have gone forward uber him BUT the reality is his health prevented him from coaching any longer. Should Wigan have offered him more assistance etc Yes.

Blackpool have a similar tragedy at the moment with Phil Parkinson.

Other than Mike Greg your description / your view is unfounded

Is it.

Without Lindsay, your team would now be playing park rugby, so a "thank you" might be in order.

The game was going down the pan.

With Wigan, Lindsay showed what the word success" meant.

Wigan's 1985/1995 period of success coincided with the most competitive GB performances (and support) in recent years.

He was recognised and accepted by Aus as GBs most respected personality and power-broker.

Sure, he was difficult, dictatorial, egotistical, etc, but Churchill, Wellington, Napoleon etc were not easy people either. He didn't always do the right things, and he didn't always do them right, but he did far more right things than anyone else. What do they say, "you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs?

What rankles for many, and inspires jealousy in so many is that he was Wigan and he was successful. As we know, there are those that don't want the game to be successful lest they lose control.

No Lindsay, no Sky, no money, no game