French EC Squad

audois

Bobbie Goulding trimmed it to 25 names. They will go into a week training camp at Albi from next Monday. Heard somewhere that the Dewsbury coach Warren Jowitt is giving BG a helping hand. No Ferriol, Bosc, Mounis, Raguin and Greenshields all suffering some type of injuries. They are going to have to go something special to get the prize here. Pleased though to see the likes of youngsters Gigot, Bousquet, Pelissier and Nauroy all included. Good that Baile and Martins are fit to resume.

Le groupe: BAILE Jean Philippe (Dragons Catalans), BARTHAU William (St Est

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

I think there should be a limit of how many players from 1 club can be in the National Squad. I'd say set a limit of 7 - 8 in the Squad and say 3 - 4 in the starting line-up.

Are Catalan XIII & Catalans Dragons different teams? :huh:

Edited by HappyDave

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

I think there should be a limit of how many players from 1 club can be in the National Squad. I'd say set a limit of 7 - 8 in the Squad and say 3 - 4 in the starting line-up.

Are Catalan XIII & Catalans Dragons different teams? :huh:

XIII Catalan are a seperate team from the Dragons.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

xiii catalan/st esteve is the reserve of the dragons.

a few of their younger players play fr both teams.

Ah! So 15 of that 25 are from the Dragons & their reserves? Hmmm... I know you want the best of the best in you National squad but as I say 6 - 7 from one club seems a fair limit.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

May be they will go with something like:

1 Stacul

2 Vaccari

3 Duport

4 Baile

5 Nauroy

6 Gigot

7 Greseque

8 Casty

9 Bentley K

10 Martins

11 Elima ©

12 Fakir

13 Bentley A

14 Simon

15 Griffi

16 Tisseyre

17 Pelissier

Solid pack. Martins needs to show what he did against NZ last year. Bentleys always show up. Pelissier and Nauroy considered by the trainers the best of the Roosters U20s this summer. Both played regularly last season for St Esteve. Tisseyre had a fair year with Toulouse in CC. Half back pairing having experience and youth. A lot would be expected from Duport and Baile if paired in the centres.

Late change I see in venues. Stade Wallon in Toulouse now unavailable so Scotland will now go to Albi on 16 Oct as will Wales the following Saturday. First match against Ireland Avignon on the 9th Oct.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

Poor choice to have two games in Albi. Why not have a match at Carcasonne or Bordeaux?

Yes not ideal but all happened at last moment. Think the council in Albi sympathic to use of their stadium. The Tricolores are in camp there next week so kind of basing themselves in the Tarn for most of the tournament. I think they considered Narbonne but the union lot had it already programmed.

A lot will be expected of Greseque and Gigot if that is the team.

We know that Greseque can create something out of nothing in attack. But will his defense be adequate, even if he is placed out wide next to the winger? And what about Gigot's defense? Can the team carry two halves who are weak defenders? As a backrower (and personal friend of Maxime's) Elima will ideally be Greseque's "bodyguard". But who will be Gigot's?

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____