St. Helens v Huddersfield Giants

ckn

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Huddersfield

What I couldnt understand was why he didnt play soliola inside of Meli defensively, he had Eastmond there which was never gonna work. Meli really does make some terrible decisions in defence though, he never seems to be sure quite what hes doing.

I just don't think he should have moved so many players. Ok Gardner is not amazing but Meli Gardner or Meli foster would have been alot better than Eastmond Meli.

I think Potter just does not know his best team, even 2 years into the job, with 1 game to go.

Every man and his dog knows Meli is a better centre than winger. Everyone knows Eastmond is prone to injury. Puletua is wasted at loose forward. Just look at the size of the guy.

We had Graham, Hargreaves, clough and Emmitt at prop.

When it could have been Graham, Puletua, Soliola and Hargreaves. Clough, wilkin, dixon to rotate the 2nd row, flannery at loose.

He's not a ball playing loose but neither is puletua.

It's all about da bass

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont care who we play :D:D:D

Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

I think your right (for once). Hudds have some good talent and their best players (apart from Hodgson) are all English.

Hodgson will make Wire a better side, not only for his kicking but he will offer Wire much more in attack than Mathers.

Wendall I am always right ;)

I never bought the Mathers was hard done to be replaced. For all his cheerleading antics I think Hodgson will improved Wire by a significant amount in 2011.

I think Huddersfield deserve a lot of credit for what was a cracking game. Well down and came back to go into the lead. Saints had to work very hard for that win tonight. Fitting that KC scored the final try at the famous old ground as well. Looking forward to what should be a cracker in the second semi.

Leicester Saint

:angry: Well Huddersfield have been kept in the game by a combination of 3 people.

The ref, Meli and Potter.

The ref suddenly gives a flurry of penalties as Saints go 12-0 ahead.

Moan,moan,moan,whinge,whinge,whinge,whine,whine,whine. I thought you only complained when you were beaten in grand finals but it seems you just can't help doing it all the time. You were penalised heavily in the 1st half because you were cheating, plain and simple. Best get your excuses and "bent ref" conspiracies ready for another grand final now eh ?

oh dear, how cool are these south standers then......hope you make it, but dont think you will..bring on the pies :P:P:P

Edited by saintfrank

Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

Thoroughly enjoyed it, caught up with BD92 and Hogweed, pleasant company as always, never gets any warmer over there.

Thought we lost it 2nd half on the back of 4 penalties we gave away and they scored of 3 i think, didnt think they were a 20 pt better side than us today, but they took their chances

Happy with that season, keep progressing will do me

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Woohoo! For a while it was tense

Well played Giants. No pushovers & they got a good reception from the stand going off.

So pleased KC scored last try at KR, finished it off nicely.

James Graham again ran his blood to water. Still a worry that we fall apart slightly when KC goes off & lift when he comes back on. Pleased Bryn Hargreaves scored on his last game at KR too.

Potter needs his head testing if he even considers playing kyle next week. he is nowhere near fit & we carried him. He left us vulnerable on the left side as seemed frightened to death to get injured. He shouldnt play again this year inc 4 nations, i wouldnt take him. Hisw biggest problem in my eyes is not his hip but his "titty lip" He needs shaking up & get a grip, doesnt seem a team player recently & has really gone down in my estimations last few weeks.

Final highlight of the night was Longy being behind & to the left of me commentating, made the night better somehow! :wub::D

Now to see who we meet, bring it on!

:angry: Well Huddersfield have been kept in the game by a combination of 3 people.

The ref, Meli and Potter.

The ref suddenly gives a flurry of penalties as Saints go 12-0 ahead.

Moan,moan,moan,whinge,whinge,whinge,whine,whine,whine. I thought you only complained when you were beaten in grand finals but it seems you just can't help doing it all the time. You were penalised heavily in the 1st half because you were cheating, plain and simple. Best get your excuses and "bent ref" conspiracies ready for another grand final now eh ?

Selective quoting there owls, you should work for the daily star.

Post the whole thing and you'll see the majority of what I posted laid it at potter and meli's feet.

Nice try. :P

Edited by bewareshadows

It's all about da bass

Their victory was achieved despite the absence for virtually the entire second half of England scrum half Kyle Eastmond, who made his return from a hip injury only to damage an ankle just before half-time.

"He's having a tough run with injuries," said coach Mick Potter.

"It's his other ankle this time. His hip is fine and the ankle he initially hurt is okay. He's a bit frustrated at the moment."

Potter is hoping Eastmond will be fit for the Grand Final against the winners of tonight's second semi-final between Leeds and Wigan.

Oh dear. There is no doubting his talent but the guy has not played a proper game since the semi final against Leeds, and before that he's been out injured.

I've nothing against Eastmond, but last night he contributed zip, why should we be hoping he makes the GF. We should be planning for a game without him. The attacks on his and Meli's side of the field where the things of nightmares, surely no coach would want to repeat that combination. If huddersfield can expose it on a narrow pitch just imagine what Leeds or Wigan would do on a wide pitch.

I do hope this was a quote for the press to keep eastmonds spirits up, but actually Potter must have seen that the gamble did not work and that our defence was much meaner when Kyle was off and Meli had a centre covering his back.

Edited by bewareshadows

It's all about da bass

Good game , the Giants needed the try from the video ref to ,but not to be . Saints clearly the better side second half, they were piggy backed down the field, as we were in first half , and they really made it count. Great support for the Giants who stayed to the end, and nice to see the Huddersfield players clapped off the field by the Saints fans. Happy with our season, we keep getting to the odd semi's and finals so we must be doing something right, i reckon most Giants fans will be happy enough, Wish we could take support like that more often. Well done Saints, better team in the end, and now in for a toughie against someone.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

I thought that the Giants looked good. Brown had it right - you can't let Saints camp near your line and expect to win. The margin was harsh, but that's the nature of the modern game. Not a terrifying performance by the winners by any means, but Wigan have to overcome Leeds - and that will be some challenge - even to get the right to test out the Saints defence in the backs.

I wonder how much the emotion has taken out of Saints? I recall Wigan really lifting themselves for the alst game at Central Park and then being flat afterwards, We'll know soon enough.

Life after KC* will be interesting, given that Saints fans are already turning on Kyle and he was supposed to be the new messiah. No ground and no KC* should make next year a tough one for them.

I thought that the Giants looked good. Brown had it right - you can't let Saints camp near your line and expect to win. The margin was harsh, but that's the nature of the modern game. Not a terrifying performance by the winners by any means, but Wigan have to overcome Leeds - and that will be some challenge - even to get the right to test out the Saints defence in the backs.

I wonder how much the emotion has taken out of Saints? I recall Wigan really lifting themselves for the alst game at Central Park and then being flat afterwards, We'll know soon enough.

Life after KC* will be interesting, given that Saints fans are already turning on Kyle and he was supposed to be the new messiah. No ground and no KC* should make next year a tough one for them.

Wishful thinking ?

Next year will no doubt be interesting without KC.

As they were without Scully, as they were without Newlove,Joynt,Tommy Martin etc;etc; etc.

Every season of late Saints have been written off before a ball has been kicked. . . . and yet here we are at the so- called business end of the season in another GF.

As I only posted a couple of days ago I don't think we can win it without our first choice HB partnership, but in a one off game it's all up for grabs, at least we are there to give us a chance.

Huddersfield were terrific opponents last night. Nathan Brown must be kept at The Galpharm at all costs.

Posters harp on about Brett Hodgson,but if he keeps developing talent such as Larne Patrick and Shaun Lunt then they have a great future as a club. For once I witnessed a great away support from the Huddersfield fans and they were well rewarded by their teams performance. I honestly think that if the Giants had a strong home and away support we'd see their side competing ever more frequently and winning trophies.

Not turning on Kyle by any means, but you can't expect a half back to be on top form after missing the last 8 matches. Potter was 50/50, whether to play the guy, that in my opinion means you don't play him. Unless he's showing 80 to 90% in training, then why bother.

It's the jumbling of the team for a half fit player that will not serve us well. You have to pick those on form who are fit. Kyle will be back to his brilliant self soon enough. This is his first year at the 1st pick for number 7, he has alot of years ahead of him and there is no need to rush him back to be carried through a game.

We played the 2nd half with 16 men but the first half Eastmond did not contribute, either because he was nervous of injury, not match fit, or just not up to speed with the team after not having played for the best part of 2 to 3 months.

Smith was by no means as effective as he was against warrington, but he was still in the game even when we where getting pegged back.

Supposedly Fasavalu was fit for the warrington game, but I don't see us playing him, probably because he's not match ready, but the same rule does not seam to apply for eastmond. If it was a league game fair enough but in knock out football you can't afford to carry anyone just because they are a big name who may or may not impact on the game.

Edited by bewareshadows

It's all about da bass