29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds
    • Wigan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, this is a tough one to call. Wonder if there will be any scores settled from the other week. I think it max just go to Leeds with home advantage but also I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pies come out on top. Hope it's another belter of a game and Wigan sneak it, if only because they deserve it after a terrific reason, IMO.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I think the Pyemen will take this, Leaving aside all the hysterical drivel that was spouted on here about Mcquire, If Richards had been kicking to his normal standard Wigan would have won, so i would expect them to have the edge without Mcquire playing, It's a big ask for Leeds with three top men out, and it's just the sort of game you can see S Tomkins setting alight. I expect them both to go at it big style, which will be of definite advantage to Saints or hopefully Giants, I recon It's the real reason Saints picked the Giants, they knew there would be no quarter in this game.

Ill go for Wigan in a close one,

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

These 2 teams have met 4 times this season,

Twice in the normal league, once in the cup and once in the playoffs.

Leeds have won both of the knockout matches, hopefully this one will be no different.

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

I think there should be a poll about when the first punch up will be

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Wigan please.

50% of me wants to be because Wigan finished top and sort of deserve it IMO.

25% of me wants a different Grand Final, even if it is an all Lancashire affair.

25% of me wants Leeds to lose because it's Leeds and they've not been a Champion team in 2010.

A spiteful game from start to to finish, leeds to edge it because for once they'll get the big calls from the ref............at last. Phil Clarke not to do his usual pitchside roundup after his vindictive comments mean he heads straight to the sanctuary of the commentary box. Wigan to bottle it......again.

I am hoping that this will be another classic.

The last game was a beauty.

Leeds have so many players who have been there, done that, whereas Wigan can only muster Sam (who never plays badly), an NRL winner, a world cup winner and 3 grand final winners. I can see Wigan winning - they have so many more games than Leeds so far, through being a very efficient scoring machine, we were very good last week and Leeds are missing their 2 best players. Against that, Sinfield is world class and Leeds have talent throughout their 17. Should be in for another treat.

Sadly the only certainty, is that win or lose Bluey will be utterly graceless. Wigan seem to bring the worst out of him.

Can't wait.

Well all season i have championed the Pies.

But the likes of BOAB, Allan Marsden and a few others, i hope this is one game too far for the pies

Leeds 24 Wigan 16

(Padge, Giwildgo , Shrek & Hanners soz guys ;) )

Fair point! ;)

Looking forward to what I hope is a classic, win or lose, I just hope its a great spectacle for all the right reasons.

Should be a classic,just hope Leeds sneak it.As Exiled Wiganer pointed out,Bluey will be "utterly graceless".

I'm sure certain fans of BOTH teams will be ,win or lose.

judging by the weather,it could be repeat of the CC game.

I hope so B)

Edited by terrywebbisgod

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Leeds to get up to their usual dirty tricks.

Fights to be started, and left unfinished by various cowards in blue shirts, egged on by the bald no-mark in the stand.

Wigan to win by an enormous margin, and Baldy to blame Phil Clarke.

C'mon Wigan, it's time to put these Yorkshire tosspots to bed.

Leeds to get up to their usual dirty tricks.

Fights to be started, and left unfinished by various cowards in blue shirts, egged on by the bald no-mark in the stand.

Wigan to win by an enormous margin, and Baldy to blame Phil Clarke.

C'mon Wigan, it's time to put these Yorkshire tosspots to bed.

I'm beginning to get the distinct impression you dont like Yorkshire men. :O

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Blowy and cold in leeds today, let's hope there's a bit of rain thrown into the mix tomorrow so the smelly wigan fans get a wash on the western terrace while their team of cheats and plastic hardmen get blown away on the pitch.

I am not sure the conditions will make much difference either way. I don't recall Wigan being hammered in the Cup. One fewer missed tackle and the job was a good un.

As these teams put on classics on a regular basis I am hoping both for another beauty and a raprochement - Wigan have had to put up with Bluey, Hetherington and Peacock being very cross about us. Given all they have achieved it would be good to let victory or defeat pass without further digs. Madge is doing well in rising above it. Let's get back to 2 classy clubs playing classy and fair rugby.

Going to be a cracker. Will come down to discipline especially with all the build up.

Wigan are not great in that department so for me if Wigan hold their discipline they will win, if they dont Leeds will.

I just hope both sets of fan respect each other and let the talking be done on the pitch.

Going to be a cracker. Will come down to discipline especially with all the build up.

Wigan are not great in that department so for me if Wigan hold their discipline they will win, if they dont Leeds will.

I just hope both sets of fan respect each other and let the talking be done on the pitch.

...and it was discipline that let us down 2 weeks ago. Leeds only got back into the game when, with a 14-0 lead, Wigan started to give away back to back daft penalties for things like markers not square, interference at the PB and off side.

Cut those mistakes out, and Pat's missd goals of course and it would have been a Wigan win.

IF the team learns from that experiance going into tomorrow, and with Leeds now missing McGure as well as Peacock, Wigan have every chance of winning.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

:D I thought it was only the Wigan v Wire games that brought out this kind of bad blood!

At least now we are out I can enjoy reading the board without getting caught up in it.

Looking forward to this game, as I always do when these two meet, if it's half as good as the one a couple of weeks ago we are in for a treat!

Really dont care if its a classic or not aslong as we get the win n get to Old Trafford. Only just managed get my ticket because ive been away n didnt realise we sold 3,000 in 3 days n had to ask leeds for more tickets

" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

I would like Wigan to win this. They were top of the league after all.

I have a problem, though. My old internet streamer has stopped and I haven't found a decent replacement, so do I try and search for one tonight? Or do I listen to online radio? Or do I go down the pub and watch on the big screen? Normally, it'd be the pub, but my wife's away so I'd have to drive back home (too far to walk) or get a taxi? Decisions, decisions!

Just remembered, it's Saints tonight :blush: , but the problem remains the same - for both games.

Edited by tonyXIII

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Hoping for a Leeds win in this one - mainly for Danny Mcguire and Jamie Peacock.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

It will be interesting to see how McIllorum goes tonight, and whether Bailey and co will view him as someone to have a go at. Everything I have seen and heard about him suggests that he is a scarily hard man, in a game of hard men. One thing I am hoping is that Joel has learnt his lessons from recent weeks. His childish petulance costs his team dearly and is giving him a very poor reputation. Having seen him play so well last week, striding through and tackling everything that moves, let's hope so. He seems particularly to get riled after head hunters attack Sam, as is almost certain to happen, so let's hope he can rein himself in (and it would be good if Lockers pulled him aside and calmed him down for once).

A couple of slight differences on Wigan's side which could work well - as Deacon looks like he's fit, having him for the full game allows Sam to play 1 and join in when he feels like it, will improve our kicking game and generally bring a steadying influence. If Feca comes in for Tuson then our prop rotation becomes much stronger, and should give us at least parity up front. Leeds of course are missing 2 of their 4 front line props, so are lower in that department. For some reason, we seem more disciplined and effective playing away from home - maybe we simply relish building our victories on defence rather than setting the pace as is expected of the home team.

Finally, the best thing for us maybe for Leeds to score first, so we don't get into our sitting on a lead mode, which seems to be something that we can't do well.