Four Nations bookies odds

boxhead

nz offer good odds at 6.50

it depends on injuries

inglis is out, thurston has a shoulder injury

take out a few more stars and australia are very beatable, especially as a lot of players will be coming from the grand final and a lot of these players arent exeperienced at international RL.

nz offer good odds at 6.50

it depends on injuries

inglis is out, thurston has a shoulder injury

take out a few more stars and australia are very beatable, especially as a lot of players will be coming from the grand final and a lot of these players arent exeperienced at international RL.

Dally, it has been espoused that Oz can field 3 teams at Test level, maybe this year will test that presumption?

I think its healthy for new or untried players to test their arm against England and NZ.

A poster on another Forum suggested that Aus could field a Toyota Cup Team and beat England, I disagree.

The third string team may do better than the premier squad with the fire and hunger to cement a spot in the top squad.

How will Bird and Prince (again) or the Balmain Centres go in a Kangaroo shirt?

I definitely think we could beat the Aussies if we take a strong enough squad (even without Eastmond who I'm really worried needs at least a few months to rest-up) & if Thurston & Lockyer aren't able to get up to fitness.

Edited by HappyDave

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

And in English for the rest of us :D

Australia.......................1/4

New Zealand.. ..............9/2

England........................9/1

Papua New Guinea.........50/1

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Dally, it has been espoused that Oz can field 3 teams at Test level, maybe this year will test that presumption?

I think its healthy for new or untried players to test their arm against England and NZ.

A poster on another Forum suggested that Aus could field a Toyota Cup Team and beat England, I disagree.

The third string team may do better than the premier squad with the fire and hunger to cement a spot in the top squad.

How will Bird and Prince (again) or the Balmain Centres go in a Kangaroo shirt?

australias depth isnt what it used to be.

at origin for example nsw were useless.

its basically the queensland backline keeping the roos dominant now and many of those players wont be playing semi final footy

theyll be picking players like the morris boys, gasnier etc who might well be good club players but not on par with inglis etc.

bird is nothing special at test level.

prince is good but thurston will be fighting injury to retain his spot.

the balmain centres are average really

ashyford wont get a roo jersey.

chris lawrence is not special

the roo centres will be gasnier and lyon. slater at fullback.

probably morris and another on the wing

thurston and lockyer in the halves

trouble brewing in PNG camp

now players upset at chairman interfering in selections.

Oh dear. Links? Widely reported in Australia?

Just wondered - haven't seen owt and I'm curious.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Touring in Australia without any semblance of a decent back-line with probably the worst coach we've had in a generation. The bookies very rarely get it wrong.

Last year showed that our forwards can match it and if we keep it tight we can match the Aussies for about 50 odd minutes. It also showed that in the backs we are extremely weak in comparison and this will continue to hold us back, especially on the fast, hard grounds over there. We're always weaker in the backs but even if you look at the team from 1-7 in 2006 when we last beat them,

Paul Wellens, Brian Carney, Keith Senior, Kirk Yeaman, Gareth Raynor, Leon Pryce, Sean Long.

We had experience and class in Carney, Senior, Pryce and Long. We had pace in Raynor and Yeaman had just had his best season. Of course we had Wellens who seriously lacked pace but at least positionally he is an excellent player.

Let's look a likely line up now,

Gareth Widdop, Ryan Hall, Ryan Atkins, Shenton/Gleeson, Tom Briscoe, Sam Tomkins, Kyle Eastmond (if fit).

There's a serious lack of experience and class there. They're largely a mixture of steady players and youthful prospects. We might have one of the best forward packs we've ever had but this won't be enough.

I'm usually semi-optimistic about our chances. Not this time. We should make out like it is a developmental tour in preparation for the World Cup.