Second favourite - Other clubs you like...

Favourite - Bradford Bulls

2nd - Batley Bulldogs

Other Notables - Hull KR, Gateshead, Catalans

Australian - St George -Illawarra Dragons.

Well the Bulls/Northern since 1985.

Batley since I did some voluntary work there 8/9 years ago.

Hull KR for about 15 years following there progress partly due to being a BIG Stanley Gene fan.

Gateshead since the SL inception and how they embraced it initially.

and St George for years most notably during the Andrew Walker, Mundine era. Would love to go to a Dragons game, well any in Australia!!! :D

O yes and I hate Rhinos!!

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st Wigan (been following them since the season they dragged themselves back out of the 2nd division)

2nd Crusaders (always a soft spot for the land of my (great grand) fathers. :D

Used to follow Huyton back in the day, as they had a couple of lads play for them that I played alongside at my first club. Also they were the 'local' team.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

FEV: hometown club lifelong passion

quins/les cats/crusaders: Because I'm a believer.

Warriors/Storm, same reason

Cougars: watched them a lot when I lived there, revived when I worked in the area a couple of years ago.

Akkies: my local club.

Hunslet, live in Leeds, couldn't follow the rihinos could I? Also I'm a memnber of the WMC at the top of the road from ther ground so it's handy.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Favourite club - Workington Town, home town and followed them since a kid.

Second favourite would be Cas, after having a spectacular drinking session with a load of Cas fans at the premiership finals in 94. God I was drunk.

After Bradford, it has to be Catalans Dragons - having lived in the country I'm a bit of a Francophile.

Bit of a soft spot for Hull, who are technically my local (well, closest) club.

Having said that, not coming from a rugby league area and not having been brought up on the sport - I have a huge admiration (grudgingly for some) for just about every club. I think that they have all fought terrible injustices over the years and have had little support in doing so. Every fan should be justifiably proud.

People called Romans they go the house

Favourite club - Widnes, given as I was born there.

Second club - Always liked Saints and never really minded Wigan. Want Catalans to do well and went Wembley with one of their shirts on in 2007.

Australia - Like Wests Tigers as they would have been my local side when I stayed in Sydney for a few months. NZ Warriors for the expansion thing.

Amateur - recently involved at Burtonwood Bulldogs and I love it, great to see the level of commitment at grassroots RL.

After Bradford, it has to be Catalans Dragons - having lived in the country I'm a bit of a Francophile.

Bit of a soft spot for Hull, who are technically my local (well, closest) club.

Having said that, not coming from a rugby league area and not having been brought up on the sport - I have a huge admiration (grudgingly for some) for just about every club. I think that they have all fought terrible injustices over the years and have had little support in doing so. Every fan should be justifiably proud.

Good post

SQL Minor Stupidship winner 2011, 2012

Stupid Grand Champion 2012

Challenged Cup Winner 2013

1st - Wigan - born and bred

2nd - Have a soft spot for all the expansion teams so will take Crusaders, London and Catalans as my chosen team in any televised game I watch.

3rd - Keighley and Barrow, had a great time when we played Keighley in the cup back in the 90's and met some superb people I am still in touch with today and Barrow since visiting earlier this season to watch there cup games.

4th - Swinton - my destination of choice if I need a live Sunday afternoon rugby fix.

At an amateur level, Wigan St Pats, Ince Rose Bridge, St Albans and South London are fixtures I look out for and teams I try and watch when I can.

Edited by shrek

Batley Bulldogs- home town, been a season ticket holder since 1989.

reserve team- Huddersfield Giants (not a fashionable team thats full of aussies :huh: )

Aus- St. George Ilawara.

Amateur- playing with Stainland Stags ARLFC Pennine Div 5 (halifax way)

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1st - Wigan - born and bred

2nd - Have a soft spot for all the expansion teams so will take Crusaders, London and Catalans as my chosen team in any televised game I watch.

Have to agree with your 1 and 2 Shrek, though I was born about 9 miles from Wigan, but have origins in Wigan/Standish/Coppull.

I used to follow Chorley Panthers when I could. As for all the other teams, I just usually support the underdog - I don't particularly dislike any club, but probably chuckle most when Saints slip up purely because of the Wigan/Saints rivalry.

1: widnes

2: saints/quins

aussie: roosters.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

double post :P

Edited by Viking Warrior

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

1st: Barrow Raiders. I used to be a soccer fan and played rah rah until I went with the lads from work to watch Barrow at Headingley in 1980 when they beat Hull FC in the semi final of the John Player. Hooked from then on. It's been a long road :lol:

2nd: Leeds Rhinos for no other reason than, when on our way home from Centreparcs, we popped into a pub, Travellers Rest I think, in East Keswick near Leeds for a bar lunch. Tony Kemp was having some scoff with his family. Really pleasant to my wide eyed 10 year old son. Later on Harvey Howard and Alan Tait came in and went upstairs to the restaurant. I asked the waitress if she would mind getting their autographs for the boy. She came back and took him upstairs. Didn't see him again for about 20 mins. My son was on 'cloud nine' especially as Taity christened him the 'Sparra from Barra'. It doesn't take very much to get young kids into the 'Greatest Game Of All' :D

3rd: Eastern Suburbs (Roosters) because Kevin Hastings came for a season with Barrow. He has always been my favourite Aussie import at Craven Park closely followed by Ned Catic (also a Rooster). :D

Moff
Go Cumbria!

Bulls / Northern first and foremost. Second team are Keighley as they were the catalyst for Super League and were right royally shafted after doing everything to get into the top flight and then denied. They also have a Bradford post code :P Next team would be any team playing the rhinos :D

My amateur teams would be Wyke and the Heavy Woollen Donkeys as I played for both. I really must get down to watch the Donkeys next year or even for the Stable of Origin this year. Go ROTWHWD :D .

I also played union for Wibsey alongside Wolford 76 but keep that to yourselves.

I'm not mad but I am...

Donkeys forever, forever Donkeys!

After Fev. Batley. I live nearer Batley than I do Fev. I 've played on Mount Pleasant (a very long time ago) I was there (a long time ago) when some Hull amateur team knocked them out of the JP Cup and felt really sorry for them. Don't get me wrong, they should have beaten an amateur team handily, they played badly but they lost because of some apalling refereeing decisions.

I've mellowed a bit towards Leeds these last few years.

In their pomp I always admired Widnes. I remember Sorrensen charging at Holding in the 1988 Premiership final, and Holding looking as though if there'd have been a hole he'd have hid in it :P

I always thought that they were very unlucky in the 1989 CC semi against Saints to have a player sent off. I reckon that team would probably have beaten Wigan that year at Wembley. As it was Saints put up a very poor show in the final.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Fave - Leeds Rhinos

Second fave - Crusaders

Local club - St Albans Centurions

Aussie club - South Sydney Rabbitohs

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

After Giants, who i have followed since 1953.

In no particular order of preference.

Wakey, cause they were a pleasure to watch in the sixties, and i still like em for it.

Wigan, because they have great fans (by and large ) who support through the bad ,as well as good.

Leeds, and in truth i dont really know why, but for some reason i do.

Saints, because of the great style of play they have maintained over many years.

Fev, because for such a small place they have punched above their weight.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

harlequins. simply because each loss questions their right to be in the league. if i ever make my fortune, after i've bought wire a few great players and made sure they're cap breaking is colossal but undetectable i'll stick a shed load of cash into quins or whatever they may be called at that time and get them to 2nd in the table.

foxes or poor people?