Wakey sign..

On a permanent deal. I didn't want to be left out of the "Wakey sign" threads...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Fantastic signing for Wakefield - just shows the club is heading in the right direction and with the new ground set to be built by Christmas the future is looking fabulous for them

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Fantastic signing for Wakefield - just shows the club is heading in the right direction and with the new ground set to be built by Christmas the future is looking fabulous for them

Is that "Christmas" building contractors? Never heard of 'em.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Is that "Christmas" building contractors? Never heard of 'em.

"Yeah, we did say 'Christmas', but we didn't say which Christmas, Guv'"

:dry: As a Salford fan, I do realise that I have just loaded a gun and pointed it at myself. :blush:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Good luck to him. Feel a bit sorry for how it worked out for him at Warrington, but over the past few years he has given us some briliant highlights and scored some breathtaking tries.

This is an entertainment business, and he was certainly entertaining. I thought he showed at Quins that he was too good for U21's and he deserved a run in SL, so I really hope he does well.

Good luck to him. Feel a bit sorry for how it worked out for him at Warrington, but over the past few years he has given us some briliant highlights and scored some breathtaking tries.

This is an entertainment business, and he was certainly entertaining. I thought he showed at Quins that he was too good for U21's and he deserved a run in SL, so I really hope he does well.

yep. the improvement smith got out of others made me wonder if he could get the same out of kevin.

taking ashton on the outside against wigan, the ridiculous ones against sts and a sprint from a briers kick against salford.

foxes or poor people?

yep. the improvement smith got out of others made me wonder if he could get the same out of kevin.

taking ashton on the outside against wigan, the ridiculous ones against sts and a sprint from a briers kick against salford.

Leeds' Ryan Hall looks to be set for that England left-wing spot at the end of the season and, in many ways, he deserves it. He's hard-working, solid defensively, reads the game well, big, strong... but not very fast and just a little lacking in inspiration. He doesn't set the pulse racing with his attacking genius - no bewildering, accelerating side-steps a la Jason Robinson or the outside-swerve and killing pace of Martin Offiah.

That's not his fault, of course. There are very few players anywhere in the world with the "complete" game. Nonetheless, it is a pity that Tony Smith appears to have conceded defeat re Kevin Penny who, not too long ago, managed to score a handful of tries of authentic genius - the kind, that for all his achievements, Ryan Hall does not look capable of delivering.

Leeds' Ryan Hall looks to be set for that England left-wing spot at the end of the season and, in many ways, he deserves it. He's hard-working, solid defensively, reads the game well, big, strong... but not very fast and just a little lacking in inspiration. He doesn't set the pulse racing with his attacking genius - no bewildering, accelerating side-steps a la Jason Robinson or the outside-swerve and killing pace of Martin Offiah.

That's not his fault, of course. There are very few players anywhere in the world with the "complete" game. Nonetheless, it is a pity that Tony Smith appears to have conceded defeat re Kevin Penny who, not too long ago, managed to score a handful of tries of authentic genius - the kind, that for all his achievements, Ryan Hall does not look capable of delivering.

Which begs the question, should wingers be lightning fast whippets who can't defend for toffee(a la Kevin Penny)or strong dependable wingers in the mould of Hall etc.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Which begs the question, should wingers be lightning fast whippets who can't defend for toffee(a la Kevin Penny)or strong dependable wingers in the mould of Hall etc.

It's a good question even if your characterization of Penny not being able to "defend for toffee" is too harsh in its definitiveness.

Kevin Penny has made some high-profile mistakes defensively but might with dedication, growing confidence and good coaching learn to defend as well as did Martin Offiah.

Penny, like Offiah, will never be a defensive colossus but remains the only English winger capable of scoring the kind of tries which made the latter in full flight one of the greatest sights in all of sport.

These scoring feats are beyond the capabilities of Hall - which is why I'd be in that minority of choosing Penny ahead of him for England.

Correct,players like Hall can't score the tries that the likes of Penny can and Offiah could.Tony Smith will have worked with Penny no doubt and he probably doesn't fit in with how he wants his team to play,wingers of Penny's ilk are a dying breed I fear.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

As good as Offiah was, he would not have the same impact against FT players playing the modern game as he did back when he was the man.

Back the you could get away with just having pace, you cant now.

Hugely disrespectful to say Offiah had 'just pace' - his speed has been replicated both before and since, what really made him unique was his acceleration and his ability to change direction / body swerve at full speed. Penny is one dimensional in comparison.

To make a statement that a player would not have had the same impact against FT players is a complete myth - he wasn't FT at Widnes and many teams were full time whilst he was at Wigan. The guy was a phenomenon and would've been in any era.

Edited by giwildgo

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

Hugely disrespectful to say Offiah had 'just pace' - his speed has been replicated both before and since, what really made him unique was his acceleration and his ability to change direction / body swerve at full speed.

Martin Offiah played in an era when there wasn't as much emphasis on defending the bomb. However, at 6Ft+ and with natural ball skills, I suspect he would have been nowhere as weak as Kevin Penny.

Next season, it looks like Wakefield will have Kevin Penny and Rikki Sheriffe as their wingers. Plenty of excitement, entertainment and gaffes from both so fans will get their money's worth.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Sorry to see Kev go. Really exciting player. Yes gaffs but some fantastic tries. Disappointed witth Smith and especially Lowes (when in charge)for their apparent attitude towards his defensive problems. Lowes dropped several people seemingly for poor defence and in their absence it just got worse. Right to blame the player or the coach? Good luck at Wakey

Hugely disrespectful to say Offiah had 'just pace' - his speed has been replicated both before and since, what really made him unique was his acceleration and his ability to change direction / body swerve at full speed. Penny is one dimensional in comparison.

To make a statement that a player would not have had the same impact against FT players is a complete myth - he wasn't FT at Widnes and many teams were full time whilst he was at Wigan. The guy was a phenomenon and would've been in any era.

He played outside some fantastic centre's too.

Sorry Kevin but i cannot promise that you will receive the same level of service at my beloved 'Wildcats'.