Grand Final

Lee

I'm flying out of Carassonne tomorrow and will be there Saturday. My mate timtum who posts on here flying out Thursday with a French mate from Belvis a lovely little village resting below the Pyrenean peaks. Laurent a huge Dragons fan will be flying for the first time and is looking forward to the occasion hugely. He has his match ticket under the clock on his mantlepiece I understand!

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive seen queue this mornin when i drove past went all way round to south stand. Ive not been able get a season ticket this year with bein at uni. Do you know how many you can buy?? I know season ticket holders can only have 2 each just wonderin if it were same for general public??

Phone the RL direct, if you tell them you're a Wigan supporter you'll probably be able to get tickets for that area, maybe not directly behind the sticks or possibly you may have to go on the 2nd tier.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Ive just got our tickets from the RFL, rang them up n they said the only tickets wigan have left are the 5,000 that go on general sale tomorrow which will go really quick. Im on the half way line bwt half way up think there are some neutrals around us but the chap on the phone said that 30 wiganers had booked infront of us

" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

Myself, Simon Templar and two others could only get 4 tickets in the top tier of the north stand from the RFL direct. The queue outside Knowsley Roads ticket office looked about 300 deep each time I drove past today.

I think it will have sold out by wednesday at the latest.

Cant wait. :)

The maximum capacity for the GF is always difficult to measure, as the ground keeps increasing in size and the Big screen takes out a random number of seat. You can only go off the RFL if they say it's a sell out as only they will know if they have run out of tickets.

I would imagine the ends will fill pretty quickly. Whether both sides will be full is always tricky, especially that 3rd tier.

This will be the first GF I will have missed for a few years now, but I'm sure the extras as I like to call them will make up the numbers.

I know people call them all glory hunters but every club needs it's occasional big game watchers, as it shows that the fan base has room to expand. If each club could only rustle up the same support for a final as a regular league match we would truely know that RL had expanded to capacity and had no further growth possible.

Also not all the extra fans are glory hunters, some will be fans that turn up as and when they can because of work commitments. So even though Saints have an average of 10k, I very much doubt the same 10k turn up each week. Some fans may come to 5 or 6 games whilst others can only make it to a different 5 or 6.

It's all about da bass

The maximum capacity for the GF is always difficult to measure, as the ground keeps increasing in size and the Big screen takes out a random number of seat. You can only go off the RFL if they say it's a sell out as only they will know if they have run out of tickets.

I would imagine the ends will fill pretty quickly. Whether both sides will be full is always tricky, especially that 3rd tier.

This will be the first GF I will have missed for a few years now, but I'm sure the extras as I like to call them will make up the numbers.

I know people call them all glory hunters but every club needs it's occasional big game watchers, as it shows that the fan base has room to expand. If each club could only rustle up the same support for a final as a regular league match we would truely know that RL had expanded to capacity and had no further growth possible.

Also not all the extra fans are glory hunters, some will be fans that turn up as and when they can because of work commitments. So even though Saints have an average of 10k, I very much doubt the same 10k turn up each week. Some fans may come to 5 or 6 games whilst others can only make it to a different 5 or 6.

And there will be those who have been regulars in the past but, for whatever reason, no longer attend. They will have helped the club to be where they are today, they will retain an affection for the club, so why shouldn't they be there?

I read (in the Times I think) that there will be twice as many Wiganers there on Saturday. If so, that could be a bad thing in that we really want the game to feel like an away rather than a home match, to stand our best chance of victory.

I read that as well, any clue to their source for said ticket sales?

Cant understand why it would be 2 to 1

I read (in the Times I think) that there will be twice as many Wiganers there on Saturday. If so, that could be a bad thing in that we really want the game to feel like an away rather than a home match, to stand our best chance of victory.

God I hope not cos if thats the case whoever wins will be getting the trophy in front of only a 1/3 rd full stadium!

I read that as well, any clue to their source for said ticket sales?

Cant understand why it would be 2 to 1

Well, at which club will there be a sense of rebirth and even novelty and at which club might a touch of ennui be setting in?

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

I'll try asking again, no reply first time.

Anyone know when the reruns of the match are being shown on Sky?

I am away until Sunday pm and want to see it without knowing the score

they appear not to be showing a full rerun...just an hour long highlights at several times from late Sat, through Sunday...the last one being 10am Monday

plus there's also a highlights show on BBC2, but I think might be before you get back?

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

plus there's also a highlights show on BBC2, but I think might be before you get back?

That will be on iplayer as well if it's any help

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Wigan have definatly sold out n sounds like the gf will defo be sold out 2

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.aspx...5272&type=1

Apparently there is still 6-7k tickets left but only singles or doubles.

Don't have a source just internet rumour so it could be balderdash.

Apparently there is still 6-7k tickets left but only singles or doubles.

Don't have a source just internet rumour so it could be balderdash.

i can believe that coz when i rang up i needed 7 tickets so it must just be groups of people taking all the tickets n just leave 1 n 2 seats here n there

" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

Looks like St Helens are struggling for supporters after reading yesterdays Guardian.

Wigan sold out of their allocation of 12,000 tickets inside 48 hours, after four-hour queues formed outside the DW Stadium, whereas Saints still have tickets remaining at Knowsley Road despite sending some back to be sold centrally by the Rugby Football League

i know Wigan got another 60 tickets this morning so it still cant be sold out just hope it does

I think it'll be around the 69k/70k mark.