Sad news - Terry Newton

ckn

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant believe this, only saw him Friday stood outside of his pub. The worst part is if you look on his profile on facebook. Turns your stomach when you read it

You got a link to his profile?

I don't use Facebook, and there are hundreds of Terry Newtons.

You got a link to his profile?

I don't use Facebook, and there are hundreds of Terry Newtons.

I think the remark has been removed Steve, I'll pm you

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I have nothing but sympathy for Terry and condolences for his family and friends, you could tell the genuine regret about some of the decisions he had made recently and also the sadness regarding his sister on the recent Sky interview.

From a sensitivity point of view I was just questioning whether a match against Saints would be appropriate, given the history and also it is a unique situation for obvious reasons aside - if that is inappropriate I apologise as it was not intended to be so.

Personally I hope Wigan wear black armbands for the game, because he was a great servant to our club.

I'm certain they will.

This is RL and Saints fans will treat it with the respect it deserves. We all make mistakes and Terry was no different.

RIP.

gutted, when he was on sky with brian carney you could see how gutted he was about being banned and he spoke about how he wanted to help young players not make the same mistakes.

you could see just how much he was hurting over what he had done.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Absolutely sickening news. Condolences to Terry's friends and family.

:(

My favourite rugby memory of Newton is a tackle made on Craig Wing from the full back position in the Tri Nations game at Wigan in 2004. What's he doing there?!

Virtually won us the game that. Awesome tackle.

Absolutely sickening news. Condolences to Terry's friends and family.

:(

My favourite rugby memory of Newton is a tackle made on Craig Wing from the full back position in the Tri Nations game at Wigan in 2004. What's he doing there?!

One of my favourite memories is seein him cryin his eyes out when we lost to Bradford in GF, showed how much it ment to him

" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

Unfortunately, there is going to be some difficult decisions for the RFL and the Grand Finalists over whether the traditional marks of respect are appropriate for Saturday's game given his recent circumstances and his longer history with the opposition.
Not difficult as far as I'm concerned. He should be honoured at the GF by either a minutes silence or a minutes applause.

I always enjoyed watching Terry play, although he used to wind me up rotten. Sign of a good player is that.

Tragic.

RIP, Terry.

Edited by Chairman M

Leicester Saint

Minutes applause please, it avoids the spectacle of late-comers, kids, drunks or worst of all the intentional a-holes breaking a silence. The guy, a GB international lest we forget, deserves a send-off in the biggest game.

Agree fully. RIP Terry. What a waste. Condolences to his family.

Utterly shocking news. Still can't believe it.

RIP Terry. My thoughts are with his family.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Dealt with the announcement quite well on Sky. Carney looks utterly shellshocked. They mentioned O'Connor was devastated - was he supposed to be there today? Missed the first match EDIT: He's on now, ignore me

Edited by Amber Avenger

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

The last 20 minutes has probably been the saddest (in an emotionally sad way) piece of sports commentating I've ever seen. It's also very clear that neither side were told before kick-off, understandable but I bet they'll feel like rubbish tonight if they celebrate a try or win.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The last 20 minutes has probably been the saddest (in an emotionally sad way) piece of sports commentating I've ever seen. It's also very clear that neither side were told before kick-off, understandable but I bet they'll feel like rubbish tonight if they celebrate a try or win.

I thought Hemmings did a great job and Carney and Mac handled it very well, not an easy subject to handle live and with short notice.

Well done to the Sky team.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.