ckn

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Desperately tragic news.

RIP

I read this and then had to go to sporting life to make sure, as it seamed completely unreal. As a Saint (and one at that who would call Newton everything under the sun on the field of play) I would be very surprised if there was not a minutes silence for Terry Newton next week and black armbands all round.

The man was a giant for Wigan and just because the next game in the season is a final, I see no reason why his passing should not be honoured.

There is alot that can be said about the man, but first and foremost he was a RL player who deserves to be honoured the same as every RL player would be. Biographys and opinions can wait for a more appropriate occasion.

It's all about da bass

Surreal. Watching the York Oldham game and was just thinking about Chris Percival and how many get taken from the RL world at a young age, then turn on the computer to find out Terry has gone too.

Most emotional I've felt about a RL player since Roy Powell's passing.

RIP and hope his family stay strong.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Never liked him as a player with his defensive attitude at times, but a good player with ball in hand

R I P

Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

When I saw this confirmed I felt absolutely shocked and stunned and genuinely emotional - One player I always feared when playing against us.

Such a young age and truly truly shocking

Huge sympathy to all his family and friends

And as an aside, it's shocking incidents like this that show this great sport for what it is - the comments from people on here show that TGG is just one huge family and we should never forget that.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

This is such a big shock. He was definitely a player who polarised opinion, but even his biggest detractors would admit he was a very good player. He always gave everything he had. He must have been in such a low place to think there was no way out.

RIP Tezza.

I read this and then had to go to sporting life to make sure, as it seamed completely unreal. As a Saint (and one at that who would call Newton everything under the sun on the field of play) I would be very surprised if there was not a minutes silence for Terry Newton next week and black armbands all round.

The man was a giant for Wigan and just because the next game in the season is a final, I see no reason why his passing should not be honoured.

There is alot that can be said about the man, but first and foremost he was a RL player who deserves to be honoured the same as every RL player would be. Biographys and opinions can wait for a more appropriate occasion.

Because the game - its players, fans and followers - is bigger than club loyalties. Part of the game at professional level is calling the opposition all the names under the sun, but when basic humanity is needed RL people have in abundance.

RIP. Genuinely shocked.

I've put a few thoughts on my blog.

Worded well Jon, we do need to look out for ex players etc, as we should look out for all our friends and family - depression is very isolating

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion