Why Kick to Halifax

ralph2

It was lost well before the Golden point period, a ###### way of deciding a season's work by the way. We never had the opportunity to even touch the ball, apart from the charge down. That can't be right. What's wrong with two periods of extra time?

Uncharacteristic defensive mistakes cost us dearly. The Worrincey try and dropped balls from Holroyd kicks lost us the game.

But that's RL for you. We've been far and away the best side in the competition all season and it's been a year which all the players and coaching staff should be very proud of. Thank you each and every one of you.

Fellow Co-op Championship team, Hunslet are crowned Champions for finishing top of their division but we aren't. Could only happen in RL.

Totally agree. I do think the defensive lapses were down to not enough game time in the last month, we looked very tired in the last 25 minutes in defence. playing one competative game in a month can never help.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was lost well before the Golden point period, a ###### way of deciding a season's work by the way. We never had the opportunity to even touch the ball, apart from the charge down. That can't be right. What's wrong with two periods of extra time?

Uncharacteristic defensive mistakes cost us dearly. The Worrincey try and dropped balls from Holroyd kicks lost us the game.

But that's RL for you. We've been far and away the best side in the competition all season and it's been a year which all the players and coaching staff should be very proud of. Thank you each and every one of you.

Fellow Co-op Championship team, Hunslet are crowned Champions for finishing top of their division but we aren't. Could only happen in RL.

Yes and Fellow Co-op Championship playoff winners, York, are promoted to the next division up, Halifax aren't. Could only happen in RL. :(

DIDNT SEE THE GOADING AT ALL THEN

I have just watched it back on the TV and when the Halifax fans were asked to leave the stand and went onto the pitch most of the Featherstone fans in the South Stand sang, clearly heard on the TV:

Oh W@nky, W@nky, W@anky Halifax, the result being that some of the halifax fans stood and waved their fingers at them.

Goading, yep we all saw and heard it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got to say stayed on to support Fev and they were playing some great stuff, superb support can't have been many left at home BUT then the incident happened. Yes the Fax supporters were waving flags and gesturing but I could not believe it as a large number of your fans seemed to think it was an open invite to run on the pitch and try to assault the Fax fans, good job there were just about enough stewards and police to stop it breaking out wholesale, at thsi point I and a few other Knights fans who were supporting Fev left.

I f I wnat to see pitch battles and crwod violence I owudl go and be a football fan .

This type of behaviour has no place in Rugby League especially when live on Sky with potentially plenty of non-RL viewers watching our great game. If the individuals can be identified on TV then they should be banned sine die from all RL grounds.

Too much ale and plenty of you obviously can't handle it.

We were magnificent considering the intimidation! Why did the Fax fans in a situation of health and safety use that as an opportunity to make a b-line for the Fev section of the stadium? and procede to goad and intimidate right in front of us and seemingly be freely allowed to do so? But for the self restraint of the vast majority of Featherstone fans it could have got nasty! Fortunately it was just handbags at dawn in the end as the police and stewards belatedly decided to move them away, which they should have done in the first place, which would have avoided the whole unsavoury situation, it aint rocket science!!

And where do you get the notion there was a pitch battle and crowd violence? I saw a bit of finger pointing but nothing that warrants that statement!

Your words to me seem a very underhand attempt to sully our good name. We were/are magnificent and im proud to call myself a Featherstone fan!

Fantastic season by the lads, just pipped in the end by a bit of skill and some rare unforced errors. The disruption didn't help but it was the same for both teams, we had plenty of opportunity to slot over a drop but we had momentum at the time and backed ourselves to continue that vein! Maybe we should have had a pop at 22-16 up, but thats history now! I keep telling myself it's just a game but it's not really is it! As it carries your hopes and dreams and passion! I'll be ok i think by Wednesday!

Well done Halifax! in the end a deserved win for them not so their resident arsonist! Fantastic game but imo a poor way to decide such a classic encounter! 10 mins each way would be much more entertaining and fairer than a one off dash for a drop, but im not bitter- just dissapointed!

And ouch my head this morning, I defiately can't handle my ale!!

We were magnificent considering the intimidation! Why did the Fax fans in a situation of health and safety use that as an opportunity to make a b-line for the Fev section of the stadium? and procede to goad and intimidate right in front of us and seemingly be freely allowed to do so? But for the self restraint of the vast majority of Featherstone fans it could have got nasty! Fortunately it was just handbags at dawn in the end as the police and stewards belatedly decided to move them away, which they should have done in the first place, which would have avoided the whole unsavoury situation, it aint rocket science!!

And where do you get the notion there was a pitch battle and crowd violence? I saw a bit of finger pointing but nothing that warrants that statement!

Your words to me seem a very underhand attempt to sully our good name. We were/are magnificent and im proud to call myself a Featherstone fan!

Fantastic season by the lads, just pipped in the end by a bit of skill and some rare unforced errors. The disruption didn't help but it was the same for both teams, we had plenty of opportunity to slot over a drop but we had momentum at the time and backed ourselves to continue that vein! Maybe we should have had a pop at 22-16 up, but thats history now! I keep telling myself it's just a game but it's not really is it! As it carries your hopes and dreams and passion! I'll be ok i think by Wednesday!

Well done Halifax! in the end a deserved win for them not so their resident arsonist! Fantastic game but imo a poor way to decide such a classic encounter! 10 mins each way would be much more entertaining and fairer than a one off dash for a drop, but im not bitter- just dissapointed!

And ouch my head this morning, I defiately can't handle my ale!!

Your not alone there, I met a few Featherstone supporters who also couldnt handle their ale. But then again I saw a few Halifax fans in the same state.

Thank you for your congratulations. I, like you, am not a fan of the "golden point" and would have preferred the old 10 minutes each way extra time rule, as I would have preferred a promotion for winning the game, but we have to play within the rules of the game.

I think it is wrong to generalise all fans the same as the few who are, for better words, richardheads. I met many magnanimous Featherstone fans, who gave their congratulations as they left the ground.

But on the subject of goading, see my previous post.

Good luck for next year.

I would have kicked off. Try to pin the opposition in own half and return the ball from a decent position. Fax would have probably gone for short kick off anyway.

Its laregly irrelevant anyway we lost by not closing the game out at 22-4 and Fax on the ropes. I thought it was over and if we had scored again we would have got 40 beat cest la vie.

Fax finished the game strongly and when they get on a roll theyre good. I think we thought it was won and allowed them back into it. they also had the bit of luck you need throwing the ball over their heads and seeming to get the bounce, opitomised by the rebound off that ###### dg attempt before the successful one.

Oh well, take heart we were the best team this season and had a good day out.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Take it you never witnessed the police running into the Halifax stand and dragging people out then, the only people i saw on the pitch were Halifax fans

I did, but the comment was about the Featherstone fans trying to get onto the pitch when the fax fans had been evacuated from the stand and about the "Goading" issue.

As I said there are good and bad in all sets of fans.

Stu Dickens will be feeling like ###### for making that decision but theres no way on earth he can be blamed, the blame clearly lies with every single player who failed to come out of the defensive line to nail Ben Black, Black was taking the mickey for the last 20 minutes but its as if your guys were told to hold the line firm, on 5 seperate occasions he ran all the way6 across your line looking for a gap and NO ONE came out to tackle him, eventually he was going to find a gap and he did.

The Fax winning formula was Ben Black and Holroyd kicking us to death in the infield play. Our in field kicking was atrocious at times.

To be fair, in previous encounters this season, Makali Aizue and Frank Watene have been totally ineffectual in the last quarter of the game as they tired and Halifax have had difficulty clearing their own half to the end of each game. In these circumstances Rovers would usually have been recieving the ball with good ground to be made out of their own half.

Today Aizue and Frank obviously benefited more than most from the extended rest at half time and were immense in that last few minutes and on into extra time. It's easy to be wise after the event but on previous experience I think Stuart made the right choice.

Unfortunately,the final score suggests he didn't.

I did, but the comment was about the Featherstone fans trying to get onto the pitch when the fax fans had been evacuated from the stand and about the "Goading" issue.

As I said there are good and bad in all sets of fans.

The announcement system at warrington was shocking i couldnt even hear team announcement, from where i was stood it looked like halifax were invading the pitch, a loud and clear announcement would have calmed th situation, even the sky boys didnt know what was going on!!!

We all know you get idiots at every club, saw a comment above or in another thread saying police were only there due to fevs chaos we cause during challange cup match, well im sorry but craming 2000 fev fans into a small space and not opening a sperate stand was the main reason for the chaos!!!

And there was quiet a few visits to top of stand where fax fans were moved in 2nd half, was this fighting between fax fans, or some other reason?

As for fire, ive heard chip pan, disabled toilet and ladies so who knows where it was!!

Overall a classic game of rugby spoilt

Cant wait for next season, bring on the rovers!!!!!!!!!

voohli.jpg

The announcement system at warrington was shocking i couldnt even hear team announcement, from where i was stood it looked like halifax were invading the pitch, a loud and clear announcement would have calmed th situation, even the sky boys didnt know what was going on!!!

We all know you get idiots at every club, saw a comment above or in another thread saying police were only there due to fevs chaos we cause during challange cup match, well im sorry but craming 2000 fev fans into a small space and not opening a sperate stand was the main reason for the chaos!!!

And there was quiet a few visits to top of stand where fax fans were moved in 2nd half, was this fighting between fax fans, or some other reason?

As for fire, ive heard chip pan, disabled toilet and ladies so who knows where it was!!

Overall a classic game of rugby spoilt

Cant wait for next season, bring on the rovers!!!!!!!!!

the fire.... from the horses mouth as i was in the tunnel away from the fax fans, i was standing with the

Stadium managerwho was speaking to fire officer

it was a lit cig butt thrown over a door in the public toilets which was locked but had a gap top and bottom, the cubicle however was being used as a storeroom with boxes in it...... so who was the firestarter??????

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

In Evening post Powell says he chose to kick off to get them deep into there half,because of the risk of their short kick off and winning the ball straight back.Makes sense to me!

i though that but would halifax have risked kicking the ball short and us getting the ball with good field position.

i honestly think we shouldn't have worried about what they may do and let them kick off to us. we could have played out our six tackles and if not made enough ground for a drop goal, then put the ball deep into their half

I don't think the Golden Point lost us the game, I believe we lost the game on the first Halifax try, we had players standing expecting others to make the tackle on worrincey and those who couldn't match his pace. Those four points made the difference and we should have been more clinical. I'm still proud of the team and the coaches though they did their best and I believe Stu was right to do as he thought, he is after all our skipper.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Think that the team looked "jaded" during last twenty min's. The dropped ball by Hardman led to the floodgates opening. With a lead of 22-4 with twenty min's to play, we just had to play basic rugby with a good final kick but our attack at times was very flat and support play disappeared.

Ha well, I have enjoyed the season, plenty to cheer about, see you all next year.

<br />Think that the team looked "jaded" during last twenty min's. The dropped ball by Hardman led to the floodgates opening. With a lead of 22-4 with twenty min's to play, we just had to play basic rugby with a good final kick but our attack at times was very flat and support play disappeared.<br />Ha well, I have enjoyed the season, plenty to cheer about, see you all next year.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

regarding the dropped ball by hardman, cup finals often hinge on incidents like this, sometimes they go for you sometimes against.i'm sure no one is more upset than Ian. all i would say to Ian is, "this is sport mate, put it behind you, enjoy your well deserved break, and give it your usual 100% next season".

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

regarding the dropped ball by hardman, cup finals often hinge on incidents like this, sometimes they go for you sometimes against.i'm sure no one is more upset than Ian. all i would say to Ian is, "this is sport mate, put it behind you, enjoy your well deserved break, and give it your usual 100% next season".

Quite right - games often turn on little things.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Its easy to criticise after the event,i still dont now if choosing to kick was right or wrong,but ive no doubt in my mind,that if we had chosen to receive,we would have been lucky to get the half way line and would have had to kick from 10 yards in our own half,giving fax the opportunity to bring the ball back well into our half.Then again there was always the chance one of our players could have made a half break and made an extra 15 -20 yards,who knows?

didnt we also lose the game because hicks didnt give us a blatant penalty in front of the sticks 40 metres out with 45 seconds to go=little calls by little men =humbug

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

didnt we also lose the game because hicks didnt give us a blatant penalty in front of the sticks 40 metres out with 45 seconds to go=little calls by little men =humbug

But he can only give penalties for what he and his officials see. It is clear that Barlow did strip the ball, but then again Welham did knock on and when this was pointed out by Holroyd, he marched us 10 more meters downfield and the next plays resulted in your first try. Swings and roundabouts.

But he can only give penalties for what he and his officials see. It is clear that Barlow did strip the ball, but then again Welham did knock on and when this was pointed out by Holroyd, he marched us 10 more meters downfield and the next plays resulted in your first try. Swings and roundabouts.

i know but an attempted double movement is also a penalisable offence -royston prior to blacks try-you / us had chance to come back from these incidents but the last minute howler no more game time game over-but hey we will be playing you next season so we look forward to locking horns

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe