Fan assaulted - Fev or Fax fan?

DemonUK

I hope this is right....however police apeal for witnesses??? if it was a prank then surely his mates would have explained this to the police.

As for the thread.."my mate phoned me and asked me to post"...mmmmm slaps to me of a lets calm it down post.

I really do hope it was a prank gone wrong but I wouldn't be asking for appologies just yet....not that you will get many anyway.

well maybe you should wind your neck in until the facts come out then, as you have already found us guilty and saying we will be remembered in 2010 for all the wrong reasons

Mick our average gate is 2k your not telling me its the same 2,000 people every game, i reckon we will easily have over 4,000 different home faces through those gates every year. I bet most of those fans will have attended at least a couple of games this season, some people cant make every home game and they have as much right as the rest of us to attend the final. You get that many people drinking ale for 7 hours in any town and village in the country and there will be some problems

You've certainly got a point about fans not going to every game etc, but you are so wrong about most of them attending games at POR. I live in Fev and i know loads of the people there yesterday only ever go to FEV's big games. Some of the fans arguing with the stewards and police at the front of the stand were not and never have been regular supporters. Yes i know they were being provoked and the authorities should have moved the Fax fans further away but their behaviour was out of order.

The fact is EVERY team have there undesirables and it's how each club manage this that is important. I've visited every ground in RL and at every one there has always some dick who thinks winding up opposition fans or brawling with opposition fans is acceptable.

People who turn up just to cause trouble or get that slaughtered they can't control themselves have no place in society never mind family sporting events.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Mick our average gate is 2k your not telling me its the same 2,000 people every game, i reckon we will easily have over 4,000 different home faces through those gates every year. I bet most of those fans will have attended at least a couple of games this season, some people cant make every home game and they have as much right as the rest of us to attend the final. You get that many people drinking ale for 7 hours in any town and village in the country and there will be some problems

Just about mate yes. I always see the same old faces reappearing on finals day who i never see during the season, it was the same when we had 3,000 for the last GF at Headingley, then struggled to pull 1500 per game, some folk just turn up for the big game day.

But i was trying to generalise the greater chance for trouble with people who have no regular attachment to their clubs other than finals days. I'm not slating our support anyhow, if you read my other post i thought it was magnifcent and a credit to the club under lots of intimidation. Turns out the guy was hurt by one of his own anyhow, so we are now vindicated in that department. It's amazing how we were tarred so quickly over this over just hear say, lies and assumptions! Some folk are just too quik to judge!

well maybe you should wind your neck in until the facts come out then, as you have already found us guilty and saying we will be remembered in 2010 for all the wrong reasons

Is this another ranting Fev fan...I have said nothing other than you should not all be tared by the same brush and stated that this is the moment in 2010 that Fev will be remembered and not your fantastic season. I would believe the news and Police apeals more than one person claiming his mate rang him as he reads but doesn't post on the forums.

Perhaps under the circustances you should wind your own neck in.

I will wait for the official statement and as I said before...I hope this is a prank gone wrong.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

Its a terrible end to the season. Fev need to sort out some of the fans and quickly. One bad apple will spoil the barrel and its a shame after the season you have had, however I would hate to tar all Fev supporters with the same brush.

I hope the guy will be okay.

You will now be remembered in 2010 for ALL the wrong reasons.

NAME AND SHAME FEV... :dry:

This is far more a direct assumption of our guilt than you claim in your last post, im pleased your not tarring us all with doing nothing as opposed to just one or two for not doing anything wrong!

NAME AND SHAME FEV! whats that all about, do you think the club have a direct link to your fictional assumptions, you've foung us guilty there through earsay!!! and announced it to the world before you have any facts to back it up!! and no I don't expect an apology either!

This is far more a direct assumption of our guilt than you claim in your last post, im pleased your not tarring us all with doing nothing as opposed to just one or two for not doing anything wrong!

NAME AND SHAME FEV! whats that all about, do you think the club have a direct link to your fictional assumptions, you've foung us guilty there through earsay!!! and announced it to the world before you have any facts to back it up!! and no I don't expect an apology either!

Well lets see what comes out....Fev have not had the best season with some of their supporters and I really do hope that I am corrected. I will not comment any more until the facts are out.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

Fev have not had the best season with some of their supporters

So come on then big nigs, give us all the links to these incidents you seem to know all about. You seem to know quite a lot but say nothing of any value , just perpetuating total and utter detrius, so either back it up or do one, you're boring

Lets just hope the incident was an accident and hope the bloke makes a quick recovery ,i also need to say that i am absolutely sick of hearing all the blame put on the featherstone fans ,

the fire incident was the second of its kind to come from them as stated on sky tv and the goading and approachment of our fans was their doing and at first looked like a pitch invasion and attempt to get at us the way they made towards us, when the entite pitch near their own seated fans was available to them,

on the way back to our coach we saw a mini bus full of fax grown men starting on a group of young fev lads which had to be sorted by dog handlers ,and all the way back to our bus with our 14 year old son we were constantly goaded and abused ,

Fev have not had the best season with some of their supporters and I really do hope that I am corrected.

Neither have Halifax as far as im concerned!

The last time fax played at our place two brave blokes decided to pick on my disabled son and found it funny to push him around and flick his flat cap off his head! Real brave! I aint no nut jack but im pleased i didn't see them do it, or i might have become one for five minutes or so, then who'd be to blame for that? me i guess being a Fev fan!

But I didn't go whining on a website about it as it does no good for the game! I told my son to not worry about it as sh@t happens sometimes and you can't judge a whole club by the actions of a few @rseholes!! Hence me congratulating Halifax on their victory yesterday on a previous post.

I have to agree that I feel the Police do have some questions to answer. Why announce on the Tannoy that they want the Fev / Fax fans leaving by seperate entrances, I think they said we should all leave to our left...and then NOT police the car park. Your not telling me that they didn't expect trouble outside, especially after such an emotive couple of hours. In my opinion, it was poorly managed, they should and could have have anticipated some crowd trouble

We'd already seen a fair few police vans come after the stand trouble.The police were also wrestling a fair bit with some the Fax fans for about the last 10 mins of the game up at the back of their stand. What was all that about? things had calmed down by then and they still wanted to have a go.

We had drove up to the main car park at lunchtime and thought better of it, turned round and drove back up the main road to park somewhere quieter. There were quite a few of us walking back to the cars, and luckily we didn't see one sign of trouble outside the ground. We did however leave as soon as the kick was made.

I am glad i didn't witness any of the scenes I've been reading about on here.

Well lets see what comes out....Fev have not had the best season with some of their supporters and I really do hope that I am corrected. I will not comment any more until the facts are out.

Yes wait and see what comes out, so as i said wind you neck in until it does

You've certainly got a point about fans not going to every game etc, but you are so wrong about most of them attending games at POR. I live in Fev and i know loads of the people there yesterday only ever go to FEV's big games. Some of the fans arguing with the stewards and police at the front of the stand were not and never have been regular supporters. Yes i know they were being provoked and the authorities should have moved the Fax fans further away but their behaviour was out of order.

The fact is EVERY team have there undesirables and it's how each club manage this that is important. I've visited every ground in RL and at every one there has always some dick who thinks winding up opposition fans or brawling with opposition fans is acceptable.

People who turn up just to cause trouble or get that slaughtered they can't control themselves have no place in society never mind family sporting events.

The minibus i came on was a 16 seater and i would say you would maybe recognise 6 of them as regulars home and away, the other 10 if you saw them yesterday you would probably put them in the big game people class, but they all do 2/3 games a season

i was very close to the alleged incident, i have been in touch with cheshire police regarding what i personally saw and feel this thread should now be closed until the facts of what actually occur materialise.

I'm not saying on here who may or may not have been involved but it appears from the general tone of the thread that Rovers fans have been villified without anyone even being spoken to about an assault

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

Sadly as a club we need to accept that we attract idiots when the team reaches a final (or plays Cas). How we control this situation when tickets are open to anybody to buy I don't know.

I sat in the North stand yesterday with my wife who is pregnant. We would normally have prefered to be with the "singers" in the terracing but considered it a safer option to sit as we envisioned problems might happen.

Why? Simple - kick of at 5:30. Plenty of time for the "glory hunting part-time" supporters to get tanked up and cause trouble.

At the full time hooter we made a quick exit even though we really wanted to applaud the lads for their efforts this season. Outside, at the back of the East stand, 4 Fev fans were walking up and down abusing anybody wearing Halifax colours. They looked desperate for someone to retaliate.

It makes my heart sink to think these idiots are attracted to our club. I realise every club has a minority of idiots but that dosen't mean we should turn a blind eye to our own problems.

First of all, congratulations to Fev on finishing top of the pile and being the best team in the Division throughout the past season.

Prior to Sunday there was an appeal on the Rovers website for everyone travelling to the final to enjoy the occasion and be aware that they were representing their club and town and behave accordingly.

At the time I didn't think too much about that request, however having experienced events on Sunday first hand, and having heard the fact that a Halifax supporter had been subjected to a vicious and cowardly assault after the game which has left him critically ill in hospital, I now understand the concerns of the club.

Yes there were drunken idiots on both sides, something which I think the organisers of this day are now going to have to look at in terms of kick off times. To have people drinking all day and then filling 2 pint glasses in the ground is madness.

I have read the comments about the non-supporters who turn up for the big games and spoil the day for most of us, that being the case, to save the reputation of your club and the game in general, name the moron responsible for this attack and put him where he belongs, in a cell.

First of all, congratulations to Fev on finishing top of the pile and being the best team in the Division throughout the past season.

Prior to Sunday there was an appeal on the Rovers website for everyone travelling to the final to enjoy the occasion and be aware that they were representing their club and town and behave accordingly.

At the time I didn't think too much about that request, however having experienced events on Sunday first hand, and having heard the fact that a Halifax supporter had been subjected to a vicious and cowardly assault after the game which has left him critically ill in hospital, I now understand the concerns of the club.

Yes there were drunken idiots on both sides, something which I think the organisers of this day are now going to have to look at in terms of kick off times. To have people drinking all day and then filling 2 pint glasses in the ground is madness.

I have read the comments about the non-supporters who turn up for the big games and spoil the day for most of us, that being the case, to save the reputation of your club and the game in general, name the moron responsible for this attack and put him where he belongs, in a cell.

Where is it a fact that the Fax supporter was the subject of a vicious and cowardly assault. On the Fax forum it would appear that it was a prank by another fax supporter that went terribly wrong. Note i say appear as only those present really know what happened

Did you register just 40 minutes ago so you could come on here and peddle rumour and innuendo. I hope you re-consider your premature comments. In future think before you post.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Are you for real? :lol: Are you working for redhall to bring down the respect of RL fans, including get reaction from us with child like comments? Just be a man and say sorry for your over reaction before you know the truth yourself!! :mellow:

All I can say is well done to all the hard working and the majority of sensible Fev Fans who have been to watch rovers this year, and including my mates who have been very gracious in defeat against Fax. In which we had a nice laugh with many different fans. :lol:

Roll-on another BEST SEASON FOR FEV FANS & CLUB.....GOOD LUCK TO ALL!! :P:D

All I can say is well done to all the hard working and the majority of sensible Fev Fans who have been to watch rovers this year, and including my mates who have been very gracious in defeat against Fax. In which we had a nice laugh with many different fans. :lol:

Roll-on another BEST SEASON FOR FEV FANS & CLUB.....GOOD LUCK TO ALL!! :P:D

Well said mate! ;)

Been at every game home and away for the last few seasons and enjoyed everyone of them.Had a laugh with the opositions fans before and after games no matter what the result,and thats the way it should be!

as we were leaving the coach park the halifax fans were goading our coaches some even banging on the sides of our coach. really rubbing it in.

there were some pretty ###### off fev fans after this match and we really didn't need that.

i was among 150 fans from the travs who were all on the coaches and set off before the mojority of the fax fans started getting back to their coaches.

i cant begin to imagine what would have happened had both sets of fans got to their coaches at the same time and the fax fans having the same attitude. i think we would have been talking about more than one incident.

i dont condone what happened one little bit and i hope the poor guy is ok, but i dont think we should presume halifax fans are totally innocent.

again.... i'm not going into details of the incident but during this vcious and cowardly attack which you didn't happen to see there were around 30 jubilant (and quite right) fax fans jumping around taunting a single rovers fan...... not being aggressive towards him just giving him a bit of stick for supporting the losing side........everyone would do the same.................... no other rovers fan was within 50 yards

So was the incident you didn't see, really a cowardly and vicious attack??

Again, i'm not saying on here whether i witnessed an assault or not, what i will say is that too many people are quick to jump on a bandwagon where only a few know what actually happened. and none of them are the posters

This thread should not be open any longer until after the Police have said what evidence backs up or dismsses the possibility of a crime taking place to stop people tarring the name of featherstone Rovers, once an official crime is being investigated then and only then can a perpatrator be spoken of

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

also

why does everyone presume that the attack was by someone who isn't a regular fev fan.

Too many posts now speculating as to who or who's fans are to blame for the sad incident.

As Paul rightly says the police are involved so until concrete evidence appears as to what actually happened the thread is locked.

Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.