Haliclowns

hooker9

First of all I want to congratulate Halifax on their win yesterday now I haven't got the Friar Tuck on, they deserved it the way they played the last 20 minutes, bad way to lose but they're the rules.

Secondley why did a clown think it good to smoke and discard their tab end in the toilets after it was announced that the whole stadium was a NO smoking area?

Then after the west stand was evacuated for that reason and again the announcement was made along with the announcement of a fire 2 more clowns saw fit to smoke along pitch side while being ushered to the east stand!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I want to congratulate Halifax on their win yesterday now I haven't got the Friar Tuck on, they deserved it the way they played the last 20 minutes, bad way to lose but they're the rules.

Secondley why did a clown think it good to smoke and discard their tab end in the toilets after it was announced that the whole stadium was a NO smoking area?

Then after the west stand was evacuated for that reason and again the announcement was made along with the announcement of a fire 2 more clowns saw fit to smoke along pitch side while being ushered to the east stand!!!!

Before this thread gets really going i would like to point out that a female fev fan got thrown out for smoking in the toilets so we are hardly covered in glory either

Edited by elppaxr2i

It was a kitchen fire apparently.

Well if it was i take my first quote back, but its been posted on here that a cig was discarded in cubicle where boxes were being stored????

So if I'm wrong then there were only two clowns!!!

said in another thread this stands out

An investigation found the cause of the fire was deliberate. Nobody was injured but the incident delayed the game for more than an hour while fans were evacuated onto the pitch

lets see what get done about it!!

voohli.jpg

Given the timing of the fire, just as Fev were getting on top of the game, it would have been hard not to believe that the fire was started deliberately in an attempt to disrupt the game. In the event I don't think it made any difference to the result but the intent seemed to be there and the incident should still be dealt with taking that into account.

Even halifax players said that the incident helped them, i mean we was on attack they had scrambling defence, ok hardman was down but they were tired, we come back out play ball 1st pass goes back 20 metres chance gone, starting fires endangering lifes of fans is not on at all.

voohli.jpg

Even halifax players said that the incident helped them, i mean we was on attack they had scrambling defence, ok hardman was down but they were tired, we come back out play ball 1st pass goes back 20 metres chance gone, starting fires endangering lifes of fans is not on at all.

The fire did not lose us the game, we were winning 10-4 when the players were taken off. At 1 point in the 2nd half we were 22-4 up we scored 2 trys to nil just after the fire

The fire did not lose us the game, we were winning 10-4 when the players were taken off. At 1 point in the 2nd half we were 22-4 up we scored 2 trys to nil just after the fire

The game turned on its head when Hardman dropped the high bomb and Branighan scored from it, i saw the energy drain out of the players and the heads go down, there was only going to be one winner from there on in.

Not that its Hardmans fault we lost before anyone starts...... i don't think one game in over 2 weeks before the final, in a passage of one game in 7 weeks helped either but what can you do?

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

and dont forget this has happened before....at halifax

end of last season when trailing to batley by 18 points i think

another mysterious fire started again

prompting a halifax fight back

think columbo needs digging up

WE MIGHT HAVE A CASE FOR HIM !!!!!!!!!

and dont forget this has happened before....at halifax

end of last season when trailing to batley by 18 points i think

another mysterious fire started again

prompting a halifax fight back

think columbo needs digging up

WE MIGHT HAVE A CASE FOR HIM !!!!!!!!!

The game was 7 minutes old and was 0-0 at the time of the electrical fault in one of the kitchens.

Batley had a penalty just as the players went off the field which Gaz Moore missed on the return.

But don't you let the truth get in the way of a cracking made up story.

Also don't forget it was not just Halifax fans in that stand there were Oldham and a few York fans too.

This was arson and not caused by someone having a sneaky fag! As a smoker myself it is very difficult when there is no provision for smokers in place in stadiums like this. Smoking is a legal act so provision should be made for smokers! All thats needed is a designated area, it's not like there is no room for it. A smoker needs a top up every half hour on average and to go through a full afternoon without one makes you agitated and gagging for a drag! Hence people being caught having a sneaky one! It's not like the place is made out of wood! Why not have an area in the stand or a bus shelter in a corner somewhere! It's like tempting people to break the law and it's not just a desire to have one it's more of a need!

They wont let you out for a smoke and back in at these stadiums, but they will sell you as much ale as you can sup!

All thats needed is to put the provision in place for people to have a smoke when they wish!, then they wouldn't have a sneaky one in secluded areas like the toilets which is the only place that has anything likely to catch fire!!

This was arson and not caused by someone having a sneaky fag! As a smoker myself it is very difficult when there is no provision for smokers in place in stadiums like this. Smoking is a legal act so provision should be made for smokers! All thats needed is a designated area, it's not like there is no room for it. A smoker needs a top up every half hour on average and to go through a full afternoon without one makes you agitated and gagging for a drag! Hence people being caught having a sneaky one! It's not like the place is made out of wood! Why not have an area in the stand or a bus shelter in a corner somewhere! It's like tempting people to break the law and it's not just a desire to have one it's more of a need!

They wont let you out for a smoke and back in at these stadiums, but they will sell you as much ale as you can sup!

All thats needed is to put the provision in place for people to have a smoke when they wish!, then they wouldn't have a sneaky one in secluded areas like the toilets which is the only place that has anything likely to catch fire!!

As a non smoker myself I dont really know what it is like to have to feed this drug habbit :P But i do know many smokers who, like yourself, say that they are unable to go for long periods without their "fix" and have to smoke every half hour or so, however these same people managed to go on a 6.5 hour flight on holiday. So having to manage for a couple of hours without is not really life threatening. Could you imagine how big a "bus shelter" they would have to build to accomodate all the smokers in a 4,000 seater stand?

Thats said, I could see no issue with a "pass out" system, which could be manageable.

Smoking is a legal act so provision should be made for smokers!

That's because smokers are the new social outcasts!!! "Begone satan"!!!

I speak as a non-smoker - never have been! I don't want to breath or smell fag smoke - end of! But so many of my friends smoke - I enjoy their company! If a stadium costing so many millions can't be developed in the 21st century to cater for a few who want a fag - to do so safely, without impinging on others, the job's a bad un!

But I suspect this is more about social policy underpinned by the government and health stazi, rather than offering choice to customers!

Thoughts - would snorting a line of coke up draw a similar response???? It may do, I don't know. But I'm suspecting that anyone seen with a fag is treated much more disproportionately than someone cranking a line of cocoa up their hooter!!! - just a thought! perhaps it's more o my crapola!

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Having a cig at the game is a big part of my enjoyment of my whole day, it only takes five minutes or so to have a quick ciggy, so a smoking hut in each corner of the ground for each stand wouldn't be too much of a problem. Even airports have gone back to having smoking areas now, stadiums like this are denying us of our legal rights in my opinion! We aren't bloody terrorists were just like to excercise our free choice to have a smoke when we want one. We cant smoke anywhere indoors anymore which is fine with me, but provision is aways made outside pubs, clubs and public centers etc. How can an open air stadium with plenty of wind access from each corner prevent people from excecising their legal rights, provision should be made, my rights are being affected and im being tempted to break the law!!!!! Why???

There was a guy near us smoking and we noticed the police watching him from the front where they were stood and gettng themselves sorted to burst up the stand and frog march him out! He was having a fag not causing trouble! Why treat someone like a criminal for having a fag!

I see the reason for not smoking on a plane, it's a confined area! you can't exactly nip outside for one so you prepare for that, it's common sense! a bit different to an open air stadium who can easilly make provision for smokers!

Having a cig at the game is a big part of my enjoyment of my whole day, it only takes five minutes or so to have a quick ciggy, so a smoking hut in each corner of the ground for each stand wouldn't be too much of a problem. Even airports have gone back to having smoking areas now, stadiums like this are denying us of our legal rights in my opinion! We aren't bloody terrorists were just like to excercise our free choice to have a smoke when we want one. We cant smoke anywhere indoors anymore which is fine with me, but provision is aways made outside pubs, clubs and public centers etc. How can an open air stadium with plenty of wind access from each corner prevent people from excecising their legal rights, provision should be made, my rights are being affected and im being tempted to break the law!!!!! Why???

There was a guy near us smoking and we noticed the police watching him from the front where they were stood and gettng themselves sorted to burst up the stand and frog march him out! He was having a fag not causing trouble! Why treat someone like a criminal for having a fag!

I see the reason for not smoking on a plane, it's a confined area! you can't exactly nip outside for one so you prepare for that, it's common sense! a bit different to an open air stadium who can easilly make provision for smokers!

I agree. Barrow has a no smoking policy restricted to the stand only. Areas should be provided for smokers that are safe and unintrusive to non smokers...you might even get more supporters turning up for the game.

Take the GF...Last year I wanted to see all 3 games, however my wife wouldn't go in until the Barrow game due to the smoking restrictions. I'm sure she was not the only one.

There must have been half a dozen supporters removed when we played St's for smoking on the waste ground near the toilets...they were out in the open miles away from the stands, I just thought it was a stupid situation for the people to be in.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

I agree with Mick H provisions ought to be made for smokers , those who know me realise that I don't smoke, but I did once and I can understand their frustrations at going without. I hope their is a provision made in future so that non smokers and smokers can get on with their own things. Perhaps if a smoker area had been allowed Sunday's incident may not have happened. That is pure speculation as we have not yet heard any OFFICIAL version as to the cause only speculation. Unless you have proof, you should not make staements about this or any other incident which may or may not happened on Sunday. Silliness will always prevail when there is an audience, such as acting in a manner unbecoming when you have mates to show how macho you are. I wasn't there so I won't comment on this incident, but I have been targeted at some away grounds because I need to have an oxygen tank with me. I just ignore the ignorance and wish I was 40 years younger, and that's the trouble, as men we feel the need to retaliate when abused, the really brave one's are those that ignore any aspirtions and carry on with their lives. We do not want the game to become like football, with fans going to games just to fight. WE need a strong supporter bas e for all clubs or the game dies. Let's get started with showing the rest of the rugby league game that it is safe and welcoming to come to Featherstone that way we get bigger crowds and more income and a better way of life.

Oh yes and a smoking shelter !!

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

That's because smokers are the new social outcasts!!! "Begone satan"!!!

But I suspect this is more about social policy underpinned by the government and health stazi, rather than offering choice to customers!

Can't agree more Robin! We are being pigeon holed as undesirables and lacking in moral standards which is diaboical! We pay more tax into the coffers than anyone, but we're treat like leppers!

Surely it's much less expense for a club to provide a smoking area than to police an outright fascist blinkered ban! Because thats what it is in my opinion, people teling other peope what to do! I like to do what i ike to do, i never ever encrouch on anyonelses space or ever try to tell other people what to do with their lives, it should be our choice to do what we like within reason! When i want a fag it gets to needing a fag after a while, thats what my mind is telling me anyhow! so then temptation starts to creep in and the next thing you know your breaking their law! I've never smoked on a plane even when you could as i thought it was not fair for none smokers to have to breathe in my fumes in such a confined space! But a great big open air stadium is just ridiculous not to provide somewhere! Hom much money and hassle would they save themselves by providing access?

We too held off going in the groung for the same reason sos! so that cost them easilly

i don't know if this is on the right thread or not but here goes. i watched the Oldham v York game, and thoroughly enjoyed it. it set me up nicely for our game. our game was bubbling up nicely, Fax scoring first, then us hitting back. then the fire, when spectators were brought onto the pitch and the players asked to leave the pitch, that was my day ruined. i have no complaints about the result, Fax beat us fair and square, but the atmosphere had gone. i don't know what effect it had on the players, but, as i say, it ruined what was turning out to be a great game and a great day. i should have left that stadium buzzing, it was all just flat. i hope we get the chance to be involved in such an occasion again, i don't want to be left with the memory of that one.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

i don't know if this is on the right thread or not but here goes. i watched the Oldham v York game, and thoroughly enjoyed it. it set me up nicely for our game. our game was bubbling up nicely, Fax scoring first, then us hitting back. then the fire, when spectators were brought onto the pitch and the players asked to leave the pitch, that was my day ruined. i have no complaints about the result, Fax beat us fair and square, but the atmosphere had gone. i don't know what effect it had on the players, but, as i say, it ruined what was turning out to be a great game and a great day. i should have left that stadium buzzing, it was all just flat. i hope we get the chance to be involved in such an occasion again, i don't want to be left with the memory of that one.

That sums it up for me too, the incident and all the goading knocked the edge of a good day win, loose, or draw.

I also think the break must have had an effect on the interchanges that the clubs made and I suspect Halifax were probably about to make some changes, with us getting on top. After the fire and the massive rest I guess they decided to stay with what they had and save 2 or 3 interchanges for the secong half meaning they were able to use their luxury players to full effect in the second half.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION