Grand Final: Wigan Warriors v St. Helens

ckn

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan
    • St Helens

A tad better second half, but not that good for the neutrals - ended up wanting a bit of biff

St Helens dropped the ball 4 or 5 times and just were not at the races - why couldn't they have played like that last week :P

Well done Wigan, fully deserved win

Would imagine that the WCC will have a bigger build up than norm in Aus(wrong forum ;) ) with them being the most famous side of ours over there

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly, every single Saints fan needs to hope and pray that Potter transforms the Bulls into a team capable of reaching the Grand Final, as that's the only way St Helens will win the League again. :rolleyes::dry:

Potter will transform Bradford, as a club builder he is probably 2nd to none. That is what bradford need. He will turn Bradford into a top 4 club IMHO no problem.

I just think Saints when we play at our best have attacking ideas and off the cuff play all over the field. We are now an efficient team that can make a top 4 spot. But this season and last when it has come to important games where something is on the line that invention has gone..

Bradfords needs and SAints needs are 2 entirely different things.

I just hope the new man enjoys open attacking rugby and is not 100% drill oriantated.

It's all about da bass

But this season and last when it has come to important games where something is on the line that invention has gone..

As far as Grand Finals go, couldn't Anderson fall into that catergory too? 1 win from 3 for him. T'was only the Cup that he won really.

That's why you need Bradford, then it's a guaranteed trophy. :D

As far as Grand Finals go, couldn't Anderson fall into that catergory too? 1 win from 3 for him. T'was only the Cup that he won really.

That's why you need Bradford, then it's a guaranteed trophy. :D

I would agree but Anderson has the CC finals in his favour, so I would get shouted down by Saints fans on that.

Don't get me wrong I don't think Anderson or Potter are bad coaches. I think they are very good, but I just don't get that feeling of passion from them that other coaches seam to give to their teams and it's that passion and motivation that I think you need from coaches to motivate you for a final.

I know people will say players should already be motivated for a final , but if the coach does not mirror that I imagine teams talks may leave you feeling pretty flat before kick off.

Even if you look at dressing rooms before the walk onto the pitch, Saints were all wandering about Wigan where a group.

Again before kick off after the minutes silence Wigan where a group. Years ago, Saints used to build up as a group in the dressing room psychicing themselves up now it's hands in the middle at best usually with a few people still wandering around.

Wigan where focused and motivated, and deserved winners.

You have no idea how hard it is for me to say that.

It's all about da bass

I had a feeling we wouldn't be seeing the return of the missing Saints fans when I read my Jonathan Cainer horoscope this morning

"Great saints and high yogis will often take a vow of silence. For a day, a month or a year, they will refrain from uttering so much as a word."

It goes on to say I should keep quiet too :lol:

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Well done Wigan!

Open free running rugby that saints couldn't quite keep up with. Had saints have kept hold of the ball a bit more then perhaps it would have been a closer game.

Eddie Hemmings should not be allowed to commentate on a st helens final again as I thought his lack of enthusiasm toward the game when wigan were too far ahead completely dumbed down the final for the television audience. Even Phil Clarke held back on his bias toward the wigan team. Eddie has been a bit of a disgrace in his commentating of late and should stick to calling the game instead of giving us his opinion - to my knowledge he hasn't played the game but continues to tell us that its a "poor kick" etc etc He needs to watch the Australian commentators and take note!!

I had a feeling we wouldn't be seeing the return of the missing Saints fans when I read my Jonathan Cainer horoscope this morning

"Great saints and high yogis will often take a vow of silence. For a day, a month or a year, they will refrain from uttering so much as a word."

It goes on to say I should keep quiet too :lol:

I'm a Saints fan, and I'm here.

Don't forget most Saints will still be at the match, but I think when they do comeback they will say that Wigan where the bette team.

The only reason I'm here is because I'm with my wife whose having contractions on our 2nd child otherwise I'd be stuck in Manchester dissapointed instead of at home disappointed but with bigger issues to deal with.

It's all about da bass

I'm a Saints fan, and I'm here.

Don't forget most Saints will still be at the match, but I think when they do comeback they will say that Wigan where the bette team.

The only reason I'm here is because I'm with my wife whose having contractions on our 2nd child otherwise I'd be stuck in Manchester dissapointed instead of at home disappointed but with bigger issues to deal with.

Awh bless, hope she's ok and babys here soon to get your smile back

I'm only poking fun at BD92, Giant Hogweed & Brian St Helens - old friends who are sadly missing from the forum these days

I remember after the 2007 Grand Final I thought that Daniel Anderson picking an unfit Sean Long over an in-form Matty Smith was a big mistake. This evening, after Smith's performance I think it was probably the right call after all.

Hope Graham was taking notes because I thought Coley and Fielden put on a propping masterclass. I was also definitely surprised that Sam Tomkins didn't win the Harry Sunderland trophy - I don't begrudge Leuluai his award and he was very influential, but it wasn't as eye-catching a performance as Sam's.

Awh bless, hope she's ok and babys here soon to get your smile back

I'm only poking fun at BD92, Giant Hogweed & Brian St Helens - old friends who are sadly missing from the forum these days

I'd be more depressed, but we did'nt look in it from 20 minutes. So the pain was eased early on. A small mercy from Wigan.

It's all about da bass

Congratulations to the team, great reward for a superb season.

Tomkins was immense at full back and will only get better as he evolves into the role, I was as happy with this with my England hat on as I was my Wigan one tonight!

I remember after the 2007 Grand Final I thought that Daniel Anderson picking an unfit Sean Long over an in-form Matty Smith was a big mistake. This evening, after Smith's performance I think it was probably the right call after all.

Hope Graham was taking notes because I thought Coley and Fielden put on a propping masterclass. I was also definitely surprised that Sam Tomkins didn't win the Harry Sunderland trophy - I don't begrudge Leuluai his award and he was very influential, but it wasn't as eye-catching a performance as Sam's.

Our go forward was poor, but had we held strong in defence for 20 minutes that would not have mattered too much.

Maybe it's too soon for analysis, but we had no impact from the forwards or backs.

It's all about da bass

I was also definitely surprised that Sam Tomkins didn't win the Harry Sunderland trophy - I don't begrudge Leuluai his award and he was very influential, but it wasn't as eye-catching a performance as Sam's.

It's that old English obsession with imports, they have to win all the awards.

Sam Tomkins was the best player by a mile.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

Well i am a saint who doesnt hide, why should, how many on here thought we would even have got there this term, and the 72,000 almost, showed that we can raise attendances..That said, WELL DONE WIGAN,deserved on the night and the season..We did fluff too many chances that in most games we would put away...But, considering Eastmond and Pryce have been missing for too long i wont knock the lads who stood in, how different it could have been with those two fit and on the field. Now for the internationals, Christmas and next year to focus on..bring it on

Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

Massive Well done to all at the Wigan Club.

Enjoy your night.

Fantastic for RL that WIGAN have broken the Saints, Leeds & Bradford monopolyof recent years, it shows it can be done.

Gutted that BOAB Mars Bar and some others will gloating for months.

Made up for the real fans (Shrek, GiWildgo, Hanners & old boy Padge)

{GiWildgo in the doghouse :lol: )