46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan
    • St Helens

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Wigan performance I have seen for a long time, total control for me, Saiints were never in the game. May have been different with Price and Eastmong at half back but that's the way it goes...................we will enjoy the moment.

Even though our utter, unquestioned dominance in the sport has ended, all Wiganers believe that we are really just indulgently letting the other teams win for a while in order to make it more interesting.

Stuart Maconie, Cider with Roadies

"cause people often talk about being scared of change but for me I'm more afraid of things staying the same cause the game is never won by standing in any one place for too long"

Nick Cave

Well done to Wigan, fully deserved. Can I just add that as a neutral who goes to every Grand Final, The Wigan support was magnificent tonight not just in number but in volume, it felt to me as if you were an 18th man.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

WHHHOAAARRGGHHH!!!

How good was that?

Becoming Superleague champions and extending the Scousers' Grand Final nightmare all in the space of one evening - turned out nice again!!

Wigan finally get that monkey off their back whilst St Helens' metamorphosises into a giant Silverback Gorrilla.

And it's such a relief to finally be able to unwrap this tin foil from around my head!!

See you next season.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

WHHHOAAARRGGHHH!!!

How good was that?

Becoming Superleague champions and extending the Scousers' Grand Final nightmare all in the space of one evening - turned out nice again!!

Wigan finally get that monkey off their back whilst St Helens' metamorphosises into a giant Silverback Gorrilla.

And it's such a relief to finally be able to unwrap this tin foil from around my head!!

See you next season.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Slept very soundly. Life has its ups and downs and all taken in one's stride. Wigan, on the night, were far superior. That said, if, at the start of Super League, someone had said we would win twelve major trophies, then I would have sent them packing to an institution.

Life moves on. B)

Edited by Saint Billinge

Best team won by a mile. Wigan played all the football and it could have been forty. The one thing that bothered me was the incident where Saints raked the ball in a two man tackle when the Wigan player was about to ground it. for me that wasn't a penalty - it was a penalty try.

Saints dropped far too many passes, missing Pryce and Eastmond, their other key men didn't seem to fire. Graham had a (for him) very quiet game. Not a classic, a bit too one sided for the neutral. The Max Wall contingent behind us left after the hour convinced the game was over - I wasn't - but they were right it was.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I thought that went very well indeed. Wigan did everything they had to do - make Saints turn around, run at their outside men, keep our discipline. Not sure how it must have looked to a neutral, but our second try was a wonder to behold.

To win the Quintuple - League Champions, GF Winners, 9s, Reserves and Locker Cup. A barely believable haul.

For Saints, they did remarkably well to get there, with no halves and seemingly only 1 centre most of the year. A trick for them is to work out who to develop out of their many good youngsters. Plenty of hope for the future though plenty to ponder.

A couple of things puzzle me - when the ball is stolen as a player crosses the line, why is that not a sin binning? Why did Saints move so many people around to positions they don't normally play?

Chuffed for the Pies, their efforts during this past season means they deserve to be crowned SL Champs imo.

Didn't think Saints were ever in the game, tbh.

Wigan have two outstanding youngsters in the Tomkins lads, I reckon theirs should be the first names down on the England teamsheet for a while yet.

The minutes' silence was even observed in my local, and I have to say, seeing the image of Terry Newton on the big screen was a very sobering sight and something that will stay with me for a long time.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Wigan's flowing football was a joy to watch. Best side by a country mile and more. As for the Saints, once again they were dire. No spark in the middle of the park and all at sea. Wigan's kicking game was far superior.

Spoken like a true gent Ray (no play on words intended!) sorry to see KC's career come to end in such a manner, if you'd been playing anyone bar Wigan I'd have been cheering you on as best as a Wiganer could for that reason alone. Although I suspect we'll see him answering an emergency call in the future and creeping past that 500 game mark some how!

You can't argue that the pies were the best team on the night andfully deserved to win. As a Saints fan though I've got to admit to my frustration that once again we didn't turn up for a GF. I agree with others on here that the acheivement this year was actually getting there.

Only time will tell now if we are in for another period of Wigan domination,or if this was just a one off good season for them. All the same congrats to Wigan,enjoy your trophies,we'll see you in the GF again next year :D:D:D

Spoken like a true gent Ray (no play on words intended!) sorry to see KC's career come to end in such a manner, if you'd been playing anyone bar Wigan I'd have been cheering you on as best as a Wiganer could for that reason alone. Although I suspect we'll see him answering an emergency call in the future and creeping past that 500 game mark some how!

Outplayed across the park. B)

Well played Wigan. You ripped us apart & lueluia (sp :ph34r: ) was instigator of that. Fully deserved the man of the match.

Saints had no pace & it showed. Made very few breaks & struggled to get out of our half. Meli, well what havent I said about him over the last few seasons, as much use as a chocolate teapot. We were poor :(

On the positive side we finished 2nd & if you had have told me that in feb I would have snatched your hand off. Looking at the season as a whole we have done incredibly well given the injuries we have had particularly to our main strike players. The kids that have come in have been brilliant & will be better next year for the experiance. In Jamie Foster we have a gem & cant wait to see him develop further.

We have a new coach & some new players next year so hopefully some changes there will strenghthen us.

Feel heartily sorry for KC but it wasnt meant to be. He is still a legend.

Roll on 2011 :D

Best team won by a mile. Wigan played all the football and it could have been forty. The one thing that bothered me was the incident where Saints raked the ball in a two man tackle when the Wigan player was about to ground it. for me that wasn't a penalty - it was a penalty try.
They changed the rules on that a couple of years back. If a player is in the process of scoring then you can steal and simply a penalty will be given for a two man steal. God knows why, I agree with you, it should be a penalty try as only foul play has prevented a try.

:D :D

i still cant believe we won the damn thing!

Sore head today :D

I thought Gleeson was outstanding, mind you, they all were

Oh happy days :D

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

Wigan by a pondfull

This Sts side going on about unbeaten in 8, played nowt

no stand off, no scrum half,

Wigan to stride right over the buggers by 30

Not quite 30 :D

I wished we had kicked them penalties at the time tho, how many did we miss was it 4???

would of made the last 10 minutes less of a peeping from behind fingers affair.

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.