Help required regarding what happened Sunday

Lounge Room Lizard

I am coming on your forum in peace and in no way accusing Featherstone Fans of being thugs etc. I just want the person that caused my friend Dave Singer to end up fighting for his life, caught. I hope the Fev Club and fans try and help the Police find the thug, that Police now say attacked Dave Singer. The game and Featherstone do not need thugs like this connected to them. #### (The Person, not Fev fans) like this need to be caught. As I understand the Police do have a couple of leads, but any more help is appreciated obviously-even the slightest information. The Police number is 08454580000 or crimestoppers on 0800555111.

It personally really sickens and hurts me more than normal, as I know Dave and his parents since 20 years. Dave is a decent guy, who is not one for getting drunk or acting like an idiot-like a number of fans from both sides were sadly on Sunday. He is around 5 foot 7 and 10 stone and probably somebody thought "Easy target" as was not in a group as such. He travelled on one Supporters Bus and his elderly parents in their 70s, on another supporters Bus. Dave is a Paramedic in the Halifax area and a general sports fan who follows both Fax as well as Halifax Town Soccer club.

The information that I have is The next 24-48 hours are critical to whether he survives or not! I have no interest in saying Featherstone fans are whatever. I just want to help find the Thug that has probably ruined the life of my friend and his Parents. If you can help with any small bit of information please contact the Police on the above Numbers.

Thanks

Si

Edited by Lounge Room Lizard

Personally, I would totally agree. Such behaviour has no place in our game. It matters not which team you support, we all have a responsibility to give statements to the Police about what was seen. I didn't realise that the victim works for the Yorkshire Ambulance Service. I too work for the Ambulance Service and so have an interest from that point of view. I have heard it said that some 'Fev fans' who attended were unknown to those who are regulars at the Bigfellas Stadium, so it may be that the plea for co-operation will fall on deaf ears. I hope not.

For my own part, I would wish Dave all the best for a speedy recovery.

May i just add one of our fans is already in contact with the Cheshire constabulary on the issue as i understand that he as some information on what happened, thats all im going to say.

Im going to close this thread now as we can all go round casting allegations, and to discuss it on a open forum is not on.

Regards

Maureen

Forum moderator.

Im Fev and im proud