What can we do for terrys family?

iangidds

After the tremendous amount of sympathy for Terry and his family shown on this site I wondered if we should be coming together to try and organise an event of somekind? should it be a fundraiser / tribute I dont know . Any thoughts out there?

How about a fundraiser at Goose Green Labour Club?

Two reasons:

1. It's nearby to Terry's family's pub

2. They've held big fundraisers there before

anything sounds good , maybe a walk to a destination ? I think anything would be good, Terry never took a backward step he was a league man through and through.

I think we have to be very careful here.

I'd certainly welcome any fundraising efforts that Terry would have wanted.

Unfortunately, I seem to have read somewhere that he has two young daughters, and that he was estranged from them.

Until we're certain why he was estranged, if indeed that is the case, then perhaps his parents should be consulted as to which direction they'd like any fundraising efforts to be forwarded, although I would hope his daughters would be the main beneficiaries.

I hope people understand where I'm coming from.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I think we have to be very careful here.

I'd certainly welcome any fundraising efforts that Terry would have wanted.

Unfortunately, I seem to have read somewhere that he has two young daughters, and that he was estranged from them.

Until we're certain why he was estranged, if indeed that is the case, then perhaps his parents should be consulted as to which direction they'd like any fundraising efforts to be forwarded, although I would hope his daughters would be the main beneficiaries.

I hope people understand where I'm coming from.

I understand ,I think its a natural response to wish to help and I agree anything should be properly considered.

I have no connection to the family and would find it a shame if we let this opportunity to show our thanks to Terry slip by.

Showing thanks is one thing, helping is another. Until and unless his immediate family clarify matters and personal circumstances, then take great care: we do not know even half of the story of his personal life.

Think you are right John, no rush until all the facts come out

Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

Buy his book perhaps, some money will find it's way to the right people.

Good idea. People might be reluctant to simply donate money but this way at least they get something in return and I'm sure it'll be a good read into the bargain and hopefully the profits go to the right recipients.

rldfsignature.jpg

I know there rumours circulating for a proposed Terry Newton memorial pre-season tournament between Bradford, Leeds, Wakefield and Wigan.

Over two weekends with one in Lancashire and one held in Yorkshire.

This would raise a lot of money to help Terry's wife and children.

On The Unofficial Wigan Warriors Fan page on facebook there is information re: Terry's funeral and his dad Tony

is asking for family flowers only, but any donations can be made through the family to the Butterflies Charity

which Terry was apparently a supporter of. I think Butterflies is a Wigan based Childrens Charity.

There are a couple of charities called Butterflies. Just to make sure your money's going to the right place this looks like the right one.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Let them grieve without intrusion.

Wise words.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Im not being funny or anything, and I was as saddened as most of the news of Terry's death.

But why should we do anything?

Because not doing anything, when the time and situation is right, is not what the RL family is all about.

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

Because not doing anything, when the time and situation is right, is not what the RL family is all about.

Wot e said.

Terry was a troubled young man, his plight has touched the hearts of the vast majority of RL supporters and those people feel for those closest to him who have been affected by this tragic end to the life of a great rugby player.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.