Warrington Ground

jamescolin

At least it's better than Widnes, where there is no standing area. The worst thing about these grounds is that you are penned in like sheep. I laugh my face off when Super League fans slag our ground off when they come for Challenge Cup fixtures, yet they stand behind the sticks and change ends at half-time, even when it's free to sit in the main or family stands.

I don't think the RFL are bothered though, they think that fans prefer to sit in an empty soccer stadiumso they can marvel at the architecture.

I think our ground compares favourably with the HJ. I was pretty disappointed. I'd never been before and it looks like a slum in the making to me. The PA was pathetic. TBH apart from P O Road there isn't a ground I've been on compares to Headingley - especially for representative games. I'm going to OT on Saturday and much as it pains me to say it Theatre of Dreams is an apt description - I write as somone who hasn't much time for Man U.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Thought I had put some weight on when I tried to squeeze into the seats, It was OK but enjoyed myself more at Batley than Warrington it dose not have the Rugby ground feel that we all know and love give me POR any day.

Looks like I'm the odd one out here. I think the HJS is a cracking stadium. Good views, good lavs, good access to refreshments (not talking about prices here - just the availability and access), coach/car parking nearby, standing and seating available either touchline or behind the sticks! I actually quite like the gaff! Similarly I don't mind Leigh's ground either. Good new stadia well suited to RL!

Batley/Barrow still my fav away days tho! - it's just that the match day experience is far greater than just the stadium!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Taking into account,"new grounds", I think that Donny takes some beating. Dont know why the finals were not played there, or did they expect Widnes making it through?.

Taking into account,"new grounds", I think that Donny takes some beating. Dont know why the finals were not played there, or did they expect Widnes making it through?.

I hadn't been to the HJ until Sunday, and I haven't been to Widnes. Of the "new" grounds I have been to my least favourite is Wigan. I'm not exactly svelt (I stood at the HJ, I prefer to stand) but if the seats at Warrington were small I bet the seats at Wigan are smaller, and your legs are jammed against the seat in front - like they are at Elland Road for that matter - another ground I don't like. The best "new" ground I've been on is the KC.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

A souless ground, lacking the atmosphere. Seats designed for stick insects to sit on.

But at least the playing surface is flat. :D

I too think the seats are far, far too narrow and close together and feel that there is more room in the seats at your ground, as they are in our East Stand at the Shay (although pretty pricey).

I have been to all grounds and I too like both the KC stadium and the Keepmoat stadium, which i think could be used in preference to HJ, although it is all seater, so would probably not be suitable to some.

Grounds like HJ, Stobart, JJB, LSV box stadiums are pretty soulless, now Keepmoat and the KC, love those grounds, maybe someone should tell the RFL that Doncaster and KC are better grounds than Warrington, plus the stewarding would be x1,000,000 better.

Thankfully, Saints, Salford and C*s aren't going for box stadiums.

Cummins Out.

Looks like I'm the odd one out here. I think the HJS is a cracking stadium. Good views, good lavs, good access to refreshments (not talking about prices here - just the availability and access), coach/car parking nearby, standing and seating available either touchline or behind the sticks! I actually quite like the gaff! Similarly I don't mind Leigh's ground either. Good new stadia well suited to RL!

Batley/Barrow still my fav away days tho! - it's just that the match day experience is far greater than just the stadium!

Couldn't agree more me big ginger mate. Thought HJS was a cracking stadium, out of the new one's the Keepmoat is my favourite. Don't go to Widnes but it's nowt to do with the ground. Batley is still my favourite away day, decent boozer, vastly improved stadium especially on a hot summers day and the fans are good people.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

No doubt at all that Batley would consistently come out on top in terms of people's favourite days out in this league - even ended up there as a neutral last year for the Batley-Catalans Challenge Cup game! That said, I don't think the atmosphere can be as good as other grounds as you can always guarantee that a good number of fans will be in the bar or stocking up on cheesy chips at any given point during the game!

I hadn't been to the HJ until Sunday, and I haven't been to Widnes. Of the "new" grounds I have been to my least favourite is Wigan. I'm not exactly svelt (I stood at the HJ, I prefer to stand) but if the seats at Warrington were small I bet the seats at Wigan are smaller, and your legs are jammed against the seat in front - like they are at Elland Road for that matter - another ground I don't like. The best "new" ground I've been on is the KC.

You must be a different bloke to who I thought "Trojan" was cos I'm sure I was talking to you at the Saturday evening Widnes league game season before last. Perhaps I was talking to Kendo Nagasaki.