Terry newton Last interview with Brian Carney Sept 2010

Gixxer

The link below is as the header says Terrys last interview. You may have seen it but I hadn't and I can tell you the sincerity of the man brought tear to my eyes. He was for all his faults, a great man and a humble man. You can easily see he was broken, because his lifes love had ceased to be. At times there are signs of strong emotion. I'm sorry if this is a double thread but I think it warrants a page of its own.

Thanks.

But difficult to watch and heartbreaking.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

yeah, remember watching this and its just his remorse that comes through. He doesnt actaully answer any of Brians questions as he just wants to get through how sorry he was. Brian was trying to get out of him the actual process of taking this stuff but couldnt get an answer.

Love to know which player supplied the stuff, he has a lot to answer for

yeah, remember watching this and its just his remorse that comes through. He doesnt actaully answer any of Brians questions as he just wants to get through how sorry he was. Brian was trying to get out of him the actual process of taking this stuff but couldnt get an answer.

Love to know which player supplied the stuff, he has a lot to answer for

I can understand that some would think this way, but ultimately we, as adults, are responsible for our own actions. What's more I feel that the interview with Terry showed that he felt the same way and was desperately trying to atone. It's the same old clich

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

I can understand that some would think this way, but ultimately we, as adults, are responsible for our own actions. What's more I feel that the interview with Terry showed that he felt the same way and was desperately trying to atone. It's the same old clich

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I'd love to see a change to the anti-doping regulations where a banned player gets a 50% ban reduction if they give enough evidence to secure a conviction against their supplier. As it stands, there's absolutely no incentive for the banned player to come up with a name once the ban is handed out.

It's the suppliers that cause the hurt, without them there would be far fewer opportunities for players like Terry to get hold of banned substances.

It's many years ago since I meddled with a bit of weed and I think I'm safe with the statute of limitations etc. Certainly back in the sixties and seventies most people got stuff from 'friends'. It was always friends to whom you would speak about it, and many people had a friend who got a bit more than he needed and would sell it on. Not that I would have called him a "dealer", not even sure the term existed back then, to be honest.

He didn't make much either; there was no BMW, with or without blacked out windows, he was just a mate, which if any semblance of this remains - and I must point out I have no idea whether it does or not as I haven't indulged since Adam was a lad, well since I was a lad - then it will be difficult to find many willing to shop a mate.

I'd guess sports drugs might be a bit different though since these things are (apparently) available over the net from countries where they are not illegal, so I'm not sure if dobbing in a IP address would be of any benefit to the authorities in this country. Though the scumbags who cut up and sell on bastardised versions of god knows what to kids, from some back alley or from a car, deserve all they get when caught. Sadly the political will isn't there to do anything effective about it.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

I'd love to see a change to the anti-doping regulations where a banned player gets a 50% ban reduction if they give enough evidence to secure a conviction against their supplier. As it stands, there's absolutely no incentive for the banned player to come up with a name once the ban is handed out.

It's the suppliers that cause the hurt, without them there would be far fewer opportunities for players like Terry to get hold of banned substances.

To be honest, so long as there is a demand for drugs of any kind there will be somone ready to sell them. Better education of players and harsher bans are the way forward for performance enhancing drugs imho.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980