Referee

bigjohn

Yeah I thought he did ok.

One thing that really riled me was the costly descion that Jamie Field knocked on, from the sky replays it was so clear he ripped the ball, with a fresh set of six and on half way you would have thought we would get close enough for a one pointer?

Saying that I think he missed a knockon from Welo in build up to one of our tries. so swings and roundabouts I guess.

He pinged us once for offside, he didn't ping them at all for offside - at one PTB they were at least three metres in front of him and TBF most of the game we stayed onside. I'm not keen on Robert Hicks. It's the 50/50's that decide tight games. I thought most of those on Sunday went 'Fax's way.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

He pinged us once for offside, he didn't ping them at all for offside - at one PTB they were at least three metres in front of him and TBF most of the game we stayed onside. I'm not keen on Robert Hicks. It's the 50/50's that decide tight games. I thought most of those on Sunday went 'Fax's way.

Its strange how we look at things with our own clubs eyes on (and why shouldnt we). I personally thought, by half time, that the 50/50 calls had gone against Halifax.

Barlow did pull the ball out, but then he missed the knock on earlier. I would also contest the quote that you were onside most of the game. From what I saw, and I pointed it out to others at the game, Feathersone left the referees side as the player was putting the ball to the ground, and by the time he played it (well most of the time played it) your players were well on their way. Featherstone also held down longer than Halifax on most of the tackles, only being penalised once?

The game seems to be all about getting away with what you can and if the referee is going to let you hold down, then why wouldnt you. I just think that we werent smart enough to do the same.

Swings and roundabouts in the game. Overall I dont think Hicks did a bad job and looking at the alternatives in our league I dont think his appointment was a bad one.

Best performance Ive ever seen from Hicks. I dont like him but he has improved dramatically this season. I saw maybe 2 or 3 bad decisions in the game that more or less evened out. The worse for us were the halifax knocking down the pass as we were attacking and the Barlow hand in. But Welham knocked on in build up to our first try which completely changed the momentum.

Best thing was he let it flow and hardly gave a penalty for holding down which often spoils games for me.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

agree

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

agree-two very contentious calls by the little twerp in final two mins

no advantage played when fax knocked on and it looked as though zak could have been through-whistle definately only been blown as hes through first batch of fax defenders secondly barlow on field -the force in which he pulled his arm from the tackle should have left hicks with no alternative but to penalise him-to quote the commentator "hes missed a bad one there"

finally im not really overly disapointed -no promotion on line so just the oprize/money lost

agree-two very contentious calls by the little twerp in final two mins

no advantage played when fax knocked on and it looked as though zak could have been through-whistle definately only been blown as hes through first batch of fax defenders secondly barlow on field -the force in which he pulled his arm from the tackle should have left hicks with no alternative but to penalise him-to quote the commentator "hes missed a bad one there"

finally im not really overly disapointed -no promotion on line so just the oprize/money lost

No, you are mistaken. It was not a knock on, it was a forward pass, and you cannot give advantage for a forward pass.

No, you are mistaken. It was not a knock on, it was a forward pass, and you cannot give advantage for a forward pass.

on dropping the ball from the pass the advantage could have been called-eg pass goes forward from attacker 1,s pass before it reaches it attacker 2 it is intercepted bu a defender who then scores --confirmed via a referee who says its a interperitive cvall by the official-this is how it was explained to me

on dropping the ball from the pass the advantage could have been called-eg pass goes forward from attacker 1,s pass before it reaches it attacker 2 it is intercepted bu a defender who then scores --confirmed via a referee who says its a interperitive cvall by the official-this is how it was explained to me

I stand corrected. I have read the by-laws of the game and it does say that the referee can give an advantage where an infrigement results in the ball going to the oposing team.

Therefore I played the relevant part back on my sky recording (which is on Keep, for obvious reasons) and Robert Hicks blows the whistle as the ball goes forward, even before it is dropped on the floor. He then blows the whistle again when your player runs off down the field. Therefore he was correct to bring them back for the scrum as the whistle had already gone.

Its in the fish and chip wrappers now, but it was a point worth debating.

Roll on 2011.

I stand corrected. I have read the by-laws of the game and it does say that the referee can give an advantage where an infrigement results in the ball going to the oposing team.

Therefore I played the relevant part back on my sky recording (which is on Keep, for obvious reasons) and Robert Hicks blows the whistle as the ball goes forward, even before it is dropped on the floor. He then blows the whistle again when your player runs off down the field. Therefore he was correct to bring them back for the scrum as the whistle had already gone.

Its in the fish and chip wrappers now, but it was a point worth debating.

Roll on 2011.

Correct mate, Hicks blows the whistle immediately the ball is dropped. No chance of advantage. I thought he had a good game overall, missed a couple of things but in a game where he has to make possibly hundreds of immediate decisions i think he got most right.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"