The Golden Point

Trojan

At present it's theoretically possible a team could lose in the extra period without ever getting to play the ball

As happened to Rovers on Sunday. It's a nonsense and, as such, will not apply this Sunday should Saints and Wigan be level after 80 minutes. If it's good enough for the Championship then why not for SL?

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House

Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk/

As happened to Rovers on Sunday. It's a nonsense and, as such, will not apply this Sunday should Saints and Wigan be level after 80 minutes. If it's good enough for the Championship then why not for SL?

You cannot compare the two.

When SL was founded the split between to two was sealed for ever.

But it shouldn't.

After reading peoples views on it, I can see why a neutral would love the sudden death of the game, but for me, RL is a battle for 80 minutes, it shouldn't be decided with a sudden kick, it should be over 10 minute spells.

Cummins Out.

I'll assume you are joking about that.

On golden point, I prefer the two 10 minute periods and then sudden death. All Golden Point does is to encourage a drop-goal kick-athon, which having seen it in the NRL a couple of times this year, is not a satisfactory way to end a game.

I do think golden point just creates drop goal city, although the last 5 minutes of the regular match would be similar anyway.

Scuse my ignorance but what trophy did Leigh win a few years ago after destroying a team in extra time? That seemed quite unflattering.

Scuse my ignorance but what trophy did Leigh win a few years ago after destroying a team in extra time? That seemed quite unflattering.

Didn't they beat Whitehaven in the Championship (presumably then NL1) final in extra time. Gutted for Haven that day - but Leigh sure went to town in extra time, fair play.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

As a fax fan I aint a fan of the golden point being on the wrong side of it against Cas in the cup... But nothing will take away how good it felt when Ben Black dropped that goal to win the game so if those are the rules then we play by them and get on with it... Losing teams always moan about rules or factors in games.. I sure did when we lost to Cas but if those are the rules then those are the rules..

Champions 2010 :D

To me, there is too much riding on the coin toss in a golden point. Unless you start to take the kick from further back, there is too much of an advantage. That's not to say things don't go against the general way however.

I'd choose a next try situation. Requires a bit more skill and is less reliant on field position.

Yeah, like all of the legend's© tries for Skints, I suppose.

10 minutes each way, then next score of anykind would be better for full time players, but for semi-pro sides, next score of any kind is tense enough.

Not exactly like every game goes to it anyway.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

if its to determine a final id go 10 minutes mandatory extra time, then golden point after.

for ordinary league games golden point is fine but id change it so that the team that lost in GP is still awarded 1 point at the end of the game whilst the winner gets the bonus point

if its to determine a final id go 10 minutes mandatory extra time, then golden point after.

for ordinary league games golden point is fine but id change it so that the team that lost in GP is still awarded 1 point at the end of the game whilst the winner gets the bonus point

Bloody hell, no, the last thing we want is golden point in league games.

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17