Champions 2010

fevrovers2k10

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest we are the champions we finished top of the league did halifax no there just grandfinal winners so we are champions :happy::happy:B)

To be honest you are not champions. You were leading the league at the end of the league format of the competition which makes you the league leaders. Halifax won the Grand Final of the competition which makes them the Champions.

If it makes you feel any better then just keep burying your head in the sand and pretent you are the champions and continue to give everyone else a good laugh :lol::lol::lol:

Give up..........

You are Minor Premiers, Halifax are 2010 Cooperative Champions. Its official!!!!!!!!!!

second in the league 6 points adrift, beaten home and away in the league by the league winners, thrashed in the playoff semi-final by the league winners, winners of a farce of a grand final where the game was interrupted for 45 minutes and won on the universally acclaimed golden point. only in the crazy world of rugby league could you be champions, but seeing as we are in the crazy world of rugby league, congratulations on your championship, thoroughly deserved.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

To be honest you are not champions. You were leading the league at the end of the league format of the competition which makes you the league leaders. Halifax won the Grand Final of the competition which makes them the Champions.

What's in a name? I'm very content in the knowledge that Rovers were the competition's best team throughout a long and tough campaign, having won more matches than any other side. Similar to Hunslet actually...now what's their title? Could only happen in RL.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House

Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk/

Here we go again.

Rovers are NOT league leaders.

Lance Armstrong doesn't "lead" the Tour de France when it's over, he's WON it.

We were league leaders while the league was running. Then it finished. We were the league WINNERS.

Check out the photos (from Gaz Coyle) after the barrow match here:

http://rlphotos.fotopic.net/p66712943.html

Halifax were named Championship Champions, so that's their title.

"Minor premiers" is a stupid Aussie invention which means nothing in the UK.

Hope that helps.

The only sport a team can get beat in a semi final and win the final, but we knew the rule before we started, as Fev fans we know we have been the best team all year as we have seen the quality of Rugby most week in the season.

If we had won it from six place last year like we looked like doing for a long time I think we would have been well happy.

Having said that Halifax have been the most consistent side for the past two year. I wonder if the Fax fans that were calling for the coach to quit earlier in the season still think the same way.

To finish at the top of the League at the end of a season in any sport makes you the League Champions. Which is what Featherstone are!!!

To get lucky and win a knock out competition at the end of that season makes you the Grand final winners not the League Champions! or whats the point in the league, the playoffs arent the league, it's just a knock out competition to raise money and add extra interest!

Well done for winning the Grand Final but please don't try to steal our slice of the cake we were awesome this year and whooped your ass's 3 out of 4 or don't the other games count now! You can live in denial all you like but "Featherstone Rovers are the League Champions"!!!!

We were league leaders while the league was running. Then it finished. We were the league WINNERS.

http://rlphotos.fotopic.net/p66712943.html

Halifax were named Championship Champions, so that's their title.

"Minor premiers" is a stupid Aussie invention which means nothing in the UK.

Hope that helps.

I'll give you that Mark, yes you are the League Winners but no matter how you try and dress it up there is only one team that are Champions and that is Halifax.

To finish at the top of the League at the end of a season in any sport makes you the League Champions. Which is what Featherstone are!!!

To get lucky and win a knock out competition at the end of that season makes you the Grand final winners not the League Champions! or whats the point in the league, the playoffs arent the league, it's just a knock out competition to raise money and add extra interest!

Well done for winning the Grand Final but please don't try to steal our slice of the cake we were awesome this year and whooped your ass's 3 out of 4 or don't the other games count now! You can live in denial all you like but "Featherstone Rovers are the League Champions"!!!!

We dont need to try and steal anything. When the league starts we all play to the same rules, which include the winners of the grand final being crowned as "Cooperative Champions 2010"

Therefore, people may not agree with it, but Halifax are officially Champions 2010.

Get over it and see what 2011 brings.......

second in the league 6 points adrift, beaten home and away in the league by the league winners, thrashed in the playoff semi-final by the league winners, winners of a farce of a grand final where the game was interrupted for 45 minutes and won on the universally acclaimed golden point. only in the crazy world of rugby league could you be champions, but seeing as we are in the crazy world of rugby league, congratulations on your championship, thoroughly deserved.

Whatever...... :lol::P

I'll give you that Mark, yes you are the League Winners but no matter how you try and dress it up there is only one team that are Champions and that is Halifax.

Not dressing anything mate, apart from myself this morning.

We won the league. You won the grand final. Are you still confused?

I don't really care what any fancy title is. The first fact is we were the best team throughout the season and the second fact is we lost the GF by one farcical point having already beaten the GF Winner in the semi final!

Featherstone Rovers will always be champions to me. Up the Rovers.

Why does it matter so much for others to post false statements, saying that Featherstone are Champions 2010, when this is "JUST NOT TRUE"

And?????

If some on this forum perceive Fev to be champions, but you believe Fax are, what's the problem to you???

If Fax are champions - rejoice, - enjoy!!

Why does it matter to you what some post on here???

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Let's all calm down a bit. Rovers were undoubtedly the best team in their competition this season, apart from losing to a drop/field goa; after the alloted time was up we could claim anything we wanted. I'm just happy that the club campaigned so well made me proud and made the rugby league world take notice that Featherstone are on their way back. We knew the ruled, and we played to them game over. However, I am so proud of my team and so proud of the club. Well Done everyone as for the g;ory of a win on finals day, it didn't happen this time, but I'll tell you what, no tesm in the Championship will relish playing us next season and what a cracking league it will be with Leigh, and Widnes recruiting wisely Halifax hoping to ( they may well be able to now financially) Barrow showing they still mean business and worthy new comers back in the league. I look forward to next season, no back to one just passed.

Do you know what ? you can call me anything you want except ..........Late for Lunch :D:D:lol:

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

How shocking is this sport, Batley can celebrate a tinpot win, but we're not allowed to celebrate winning the league part of the campaign, we didn't win the big one (controversially...) but no amount of bitching and moaning from Halifax will stop us enjoying winning a trophy.

Cummins Out.

How shocking is this sport, Batley can celebrate a tinpot win, but we're not allowed to celebrate winning the league part of the campaign, we didn't win the big one (controversially...) but no amount of bitching and moaning from Halifax will stop us enjoying winning a trophy.

No bitching or moaning here.

Featherstone were the best team throughout the whole competition. They had the best attack and the best defence. This is absolute FACT and this should be celebrated. Its a shame that this doesnt mean that as a result of this achievement Featherstone are promoted to Superleague. I for one think it should be.... No bitching or moaning. Promotion and Relegation are what drives a sporting league and Featherstone SHOULD be promoted.

However. Still no bitching or moaning.

Halifax are the 2010 champions, due to the silliness of Rugby League. The whole thing was decided on a "Golden Point", which for what its worth I think is absolutely nonesense,

I think what Featherstone have achieved this year is outstanding, and was borne out by the Championship awards, and this should be celebrated and enjoyed by all Featherstone staff and fans.

But dont try to steal our title (probably a bit of bitching and moaning here), its ours...... :D

By the way.

Its only a tin pot trophy, that Batley won, because you didnt win it. Had you won it you would have been celebrating the fact, as would we.

Featherstone Rovers -League Champions 2010!!!! Fax just got lucky won a knock out final! Not the league!!

But as Robin states, why are you all on here disagreeing. Are we not allowed to say things as we see it on our own forum! Go away now and be happy in you victory, no need to keep rubbing in the fact that you got lucky on the day! Let us celebrate our own seasons achievements in our own way!