Champions 2010

fevrovers2k10

Featherstone Rovers -League Champions 2010!!!! Fax just got lucky won a knock out final! Not the league!!

But as Robin states, why are you all on here disagreeing. Are we not allowed to say things as we see it on our own forum! Go away now and be happy in you victory, no need to keep rubbing in the fact that you got lucky on the day! Let us celebrate our own seasons achievements in our own way!

:lol: There was no luck to the three tries we scored to come back from 22 - 4 down...

Okay, I'll go away now. I though it was an open forum, but hey ho, you can keep it to yourselves if thats the way you want it.

TTFN

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Bob Bobby Bobert. To think you suggested I was boring for repeatedly contributing to a thread on the fax forum!!

We're all friends here!!! :D:D

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

I dont think I have ever called anyone boring on our board. I may have suggested that someone was showing too much interest to a thread.

If i did call you boring then it would have been my opinion, I would never tell anyone to go away, as it is an open forum. We are the same in Halifax, we are passionate about our team and we are really friendly.. :D:D

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

I dont think I have ever called anyone boring on our board. I may have suggested that someone was showing too much interest to a thread.

If i did call you boring then it would have been my opinion, I would never tell anyone to go away, as it is an open forum. We are the same in Halifax, we are passionate about our team and we are really friendly.. :D:D

Hit it on the head mate passionate and long may it continue, we are all the same in this sport that

We would have been happy to call ourselves champions last year if we had won the GF from 6th. position, or if we had been promoted to SL in 1998! It's too late to argue about it now, all we can do is to campaign for the League winners to be crowned as Champions in future years. That way Barrow would have won two titles last year, the championship and the "premiership", if we reverted back to what we called it in the good old days.

Is it also true that if Rovers had failed to reach the grand final (for example due to an injury crisis) they would not be eligible to apply for a Super League Licence? If this is true we need to campaign for another change in the rules. After all, ours is a balanced set of fixtures, unlike Super League. If the league leadership holds no credence, what's to stop a club running on a low budget for most of the season and then spending megabucks on short-term signings just for the play-offs?

No bitching or moaning here.

Featherstone were the best team throughout the whole competition. They had the best attack and the best defence. This is absolute FACT and this should be celebrated. Its a shame that this doesnt mean that as a result of this achievement Featherstone are promoted to Superleague. I for one think it should be.... No bitching or moaning. Promotion and Relegation are what drives a sporting league and Featherstone SHOULD be promoted.

However. Still no bitching or moaning.

Halifax are the 2010 champions, due to the silliness of Rugby League. The whole thing was decided on a "Golden Point", which for what its worth I think is absolutely nonesense,

I think what Featherstone have achieved this year is outstanding, and was borne out by the Championship awards, and this should be celebrated and enjoyed by all Featherstone staff and fans.

But dont try to steal our title (probably a bit of bitching and moaning here), its ours...... :D

We aren't trying to steal anything from anyone. The merchandise that we have created and sold does not in any way, shape or form claim that we are the Co-operative Championship 2010 Champions. That is Halifax's title and they are most welcome to carry on and enjoy that to it's fullest.

The Merchandise in question is simply printed with 'Champions 2010'. Now, to sort any confusion, this merely states that in the year 2010 Featherstone Rovers RLFC were Champions of something. That, I'm afraid my good man is a FACT. Please be my guest and look up the definition of Champion. You will find that we are not in fact breaking any laws in using the term. The merchandise is available to anyone who wishes to purchase it, although, admittedly, it is aimed at the supporters of Featherstone Rovers and plenty of those said supporters, may I add, have purchased such merchandise and in doing so have, ungrudgingly, provided very welcome funds to said club.

Now, to finish, congratulations to Halifax RLFC for becoming the Co-operative Championship Champions of 2010, just please drop this ridiculous argument and let us get on with enjoying our 'Champion' season.

Kind Regards

Me

Batley won the NRC (NRC Champions), Fev won the League (League Champions), Fax won the grand final (GF playoff Champions).

We were the Champions of the League as we won the League by finishing top of the League!! The GF and the playoffs are not the league, it's a playoff knockout comp added on at the end! If you had won the league then i'd see you as League Champions but you didn't we did!

Whatever...... :lol::P

is that the equivalent of knocking at dominoes :lol::P

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

yeh and only in rugby league could a team who have been kicked out of the challenge cup for cheating, cudda done the same in the league against sheffield for the same thing, amazingly had 2 fires in a month in stadiums when the other team were winning, be named as champions ye right halifax are the grand final winners featherstone are the league champions. this play off stuff means nothing but a nice day out in warrington. u win the league u should be champions imo ! .

when im cut i dont bleed red i bleed blue and white

yeh and only in rugby league could a team who have been kicked out of the challenge cup for cheating, cudda done the same in the league against sheffield for the same thing, amazingly had 2 fires in a month in stadiums when the other team were winning, be named as champions ye right halifax are the grand final winners featherstone are the league champions. this play off stuff means nothing but a nice day out in warrington. u win the league u should be champions imo ! .

My comments have all been of praise for Featherstone, and I had decided to not comment on this thread anymore as we all need to draw a line and focus on next year.

But.

Them grapes you are sucking on must be really sour........ :wacko:

Batley won the NRC (NRC Champions), Fev won the League (League Champions), Fax won the grand final (GF playoff Champions).

We were the Champions of the League as we won the League by finishing top of the League!! The GF and the playoffs are not the league, it's a playoff knockout comp added on at the end! If you had won the league then i'd see you as League Champions but you didn't we did!

How many NRC group champions have we had this year?

If you had won the NRC group you were in, would you be claiming you were NRC winners?

Yes, very clever you mean when teams play a few games including national league 1 teams at the very start of the season.

Didn't you realise the first time you brought it up and no one responded that your comments were irrelevent to this topic.

When is your next stand up show cos your one liners are Hilarious?

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

how do you like your rice pudding, with or without.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Yes, very clever you mean when teams play a few games including national league 1 teams at the very start of the season.

Didn't you realise the first time you brought it up and no one responded that your comments were irrelevent to this topic.

When is your next stand up show cos your one liners are Hilarious?

Its not irrelevent at all - it would appear no one responded because it makes your "league champions" claim to look like it is, irrelevant. Were Fev the best team this year? Without a doubt you were, and most consistant, are you champions? Nope not at all. Thas Fax's honour.

I can't understand why you're not happy with just being the winners of the Grand final! You can't be entitled to the League Champions title because you weren't, as you came second.

We are the League Champions!

The winner of a comp are the winners/Champions of a comp! the winner of a group stage progresses to the next level in that comp! Apart from Halifax that is as you lost the semi but still progressed! How mad is that!! It could only happen in Rugby League!!

The winner of a comp are the winners/Champions of a comp! the winner of a group stage progresses to the next level in that comp! Apart from Halifax that is as you lost the semi but still progressed! How mad is that!! It could only happen in Rugby League!!

What was the comp that Fax won?

Its an interesting debate, if we cant claim to be league champions because the play-offs is phased off from that, does this mean the clause in Sam Barlows contract mean he shouldnt have played against sheffield in elimination semi final ( i know its already been discussed etc) still remain in his contract meaning result should be void and fax stripped of there title?

No probably not, just like i thought :lol::lol:

Fev are champions in our own way, fax are champions cos they won the final. I hate the term "minor" its a joke.

also i know hunslet are champions, are york officially know as play off winners or league champions minus hunslet :P

Edited by snake1985
voohli.jpg

Topping the league is a big deal for me,it is far easier to get to a grand final than to top the league,in 1998 we just smanaged to scrape into the play offs on the last day of the season yet we got to the grand final and were only minuites away from winning it,in 2009 we finished 6th yet we got to the semi final and only lost by six points,yet in all those years,barring 2010,we have never come any where near topping the league.Between 2011 and 2015,ive no doubt we will get to at least 1 more grand final,but we may not top the league in that time,its not an easy thing to do you know.