Anyone In Need Of Some Free Toilet Paper

Well here we have it ladies and gents, the Sky Sports October highlights taken from this months (allegedly prestigious) Sky magazine.

In the eyes of Sky Sports this coming Saturday the most important event that they (yes it's on ESPN but the Sky/ESPN partnership exists) are showing isn't the Grand Final but Scottish Football and Hearts vs Rangers.

See here:

img039.jpg

I find it disgusting that Sky should not mention the Grand Final at all.

Also disgusting is for Sky to rate the Leeds Carnegie vs Sale Sharks game over the New Zealand vs England Four Nations game.

Not one mention of Rugby League at all.

So if anyone would like 90 sheets of toilet paper for free, please drop me a line asap as this is going in the bin in five minutes time.

Sky know that its going to draw a massive audience so they probably don't need to advertise it. They do need to push the sports that they have paid loads of money for that don't get the audiences.

Anyway, print media is on its ######, social media is the most effective form of marketing now. I have mentioned the Grand Final every day on Twitter, I don't have many followers but they are spread all over the world.

Anyway, print media is on its ######.

You've taken up Mick's offer then? :huh:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

So if anyone would like 90 sheets of toilet paper for free, please drop me a line asap as this is going in the bin in five minutes time.

Mick,

Thanks for the offer of toilet paper, I actually print off your posts about referees and tear them into strips for that purpose.

Interesting thread this one Mick like all your welcome non ref threads :D

i actually emailed the magazine about a few things in that issue of the mag.. along with the October snub, there were further snubs in the top ten rivals (which i mentioned in another thread), and also the awful artucle with shaun edwards, ellery and martin offiah, an article that contained awful typo after awful type.. for instance the mention of former wigan and GB fullback 'steve hamsden' and former captain, coach and kiwi international 'graham wets'. for someone like myself who works on a magazine, and knows the production process of magazines, such mistakes are unacceptable.

but like its been said i didnt expect anything less.

on a slightly adjascent tangent, todays copy of 'sport' picked up on the way to work, featured an interview with Stuart Fielden.. and also featured a lovely question about two 'northern' teams, playing ain a 'norethern' venue and how it will be a great day for 'northern' sport. pr!cks.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

i actually emailed the magazine about a few things in that issue of the mag.. along with the October snub, there were further snubs in the top ten rivals (which i mentioned in another thread), and also the awful artucle with shaun edwards, ellery and martin offiah, an article that contained awful typo after awful type.. for instance the mention of former wigan and GB fullback 'steve hamsden' and former captain, coach and kiwi international 'graham wets'. for someone like myself who works on a magazine, and knows the production process of magazines, such mistakes are unacceptable.

but like its been said i didnt expect anything less.

on a slightly adjascent tangent, todays copy of 'sport' picked up on the way to work, featured an interview with Stuart Fielden.. and also featured a lovely question about two 'northern' teams, playing ain a 'norethern' venue and how it will be a great day for 'northern' sport. pr!cks.

http://www.sport-magazine.co.uk/.

He answered the question quite well. No need for a question like that though.

Sky know that its going to draw a massive audience so they probably don't need to advertise it. They do need to push the sports that they have paid loads of money for that don't get the audiences.

Maybe, but it's not like Chelsea vs Arsenal is going to be struggling for viewers so it's not particularly balanced in that sense.

Also just as a piece of information - I think Sky's magazine is one of the biggest print publications in the country reaching more homes than any other magazines just by the sheer number of subscribers. Regardless of if you think print media is currently relevent or not, or however many people chuck it straight in the bin - the magazine reaches an impressive number of people and coverage in there can do only good

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

You've taken up Mick's offer then? :huh:
:D

Since I moved home 12m ago I haven't subscribed to Sky or read thee mag, but I always used to find a decent RL presence in there. Wonder if the editor has changed?

http://www.sport-magazine.co.uk/.

He answered the question quite well. No need for a question like that though.

This is, may I remind you, the very same rag that reported the RWC thus: "Well done to New Zealand for becoming the champions. Shame it was the wrong Rugby World Cup." Which does rather give you the idea of where they stand.

The magazine has slipped downhill since a quite promising launch. This week's pig-ignorant editorial by Simon Caney, about the Commonwealth Games is a case in point.

To be fair, once in a while they put out an issue with some readable stuff in it... just not very often.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chris Irvine covers the issue of print coverage very well in the new RLW, it needs to be taken further though. If our primary paymaster can't be bothered to promote our Grand Final above a fairly run-of-the mill Scottish football game on ESPN then we're in real trouble.

I've not seen one single advert on Sky in the last couple of weeks for the game yet I've seen far too many for football games, the Ryder Cup and union.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Anyway, print media is on its ######, social media is the most effective form of marketing now. I have mentioned the Grand Final every day on Twitter, I don't have many followers but they are spread all over the world.

But to not even get a mention on the main sport page is nothing short of a disgrace.

Kick n ###### even features three times :O

I mean does this really wet your appetite for live sport:

Rugby: Heineken Cup - Leinster vs Metro Racing "Can Brian O'Driscoll fire up Leinster"

Yeah, I noticed the lack of coverage too. I emailed the Editor the following, a couple of days ago, if more people did maybe something will happen? I do apologise for the opening bull****, but I didn't want to appear too narrow minded.....

lysanne@bskyb.com

dateWed, Sep 29, 2010 at 8:01 PM

subjectSky magazine

mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Sep 29 (2 days ago)

Hi Lysanne,

I've just received my Sky magazine, as usual a reasonably good read.

I was a bit surprised though when scanning through the sports 'October highlights' section on page 12, that one of your keynote sports events in October doesn't even merit a mention, namely the engage Superleague Grand Final on October 2nd.

Instead, the recommended sports viewing on that day is Hearts Vs Rangers - I understand that soccer is our 'national sport' (much to my dismay) but I cannot understand why such a fixture (Hearts' average home gate barely scrapes over the 10,000 mark) would be in the 'highlights' over the dramatic climax to the rugby season to see which team will be crowned champions in front of 75,000 plus sell-out crowd at Old Trafford.

And, later on in the month, I don't see any mention of the four nations tournament either!! I presume that Sky have at least some of the rights to the four nations tournament, though the deafening silence in October highlights would appear to indicate otherwise.

I think my preferred sport needs a fair crack of the whip!

Yours disappointedly,

Rob

Yeah, I noticed the lack of coverage too. I emailed the Editor the following, a couple of days ago, if more people did maybe something will happen? I do apologise for the opening bull****, but I didn't want to appear too narrow minded.....

lysanne@bskyb.com

dateWed, Sep 29, 2010 at 8:01 PM

subjectSky magazine

mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Sep 29 (2 days ago)

Hi Lysanne,

I've just received my Sky magazine, as usual a reasonably good read.

I was a bit surprised though when scanning through the sports 'October highlights' section on page 12, that one of your keynote sports events in October doesn't even merit a mention, namely the engage Superleague Grand Final on October 2nd.

Instead, the recommended sports viewing on that day is Hearts Vs Rangers - I understand that soccer is our 'national sport' (much to my dismay) but I cannot understand why such a fixture (Hearts' average home gate barely scrapes over the 10,000 mark) would be in the 'highlights' over the dramatic climax to the rugby season to see which team will be crowned champions in front of 75,000 plus sell-out crowd at Old Trafford.

And, later on in the month, I don't see any mention of the four nations tournament either!! I presume that Sky have at least some of the rights to the four nations tournament, though the deafening silence in October highlights would appear to indicate otherwise.

I think my preferred sport needs a fair crack of the whip!

Yours disappointedly,

Rob

Great stuff Rob.

I'm just going to send them an email now.