Football stars at Grand Final

We should celebrate and have more stories in the press about these

Praise

thanks

Makes you proud to be part of the RL family

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

United players hve been regulars at Wigan home games, its not just the GF.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I've always said we need a sexier image to capture more fans, and special thanks must go to Rooney for offering his services to stand next to Piggy and make him look like Gods gift to women

linky

Edited by amh

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I honestly don't get why we don't publicise this more, is it really that hard to approach one of them for an interview about RL?

There used to be a lot of publicity in the seventies when the likes of Bobby Charlton and Dennis Law used to turn out on Friday nights to watch the then star studded Salford.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Blimey. After Rooney's antics, you'd have thought the News of the World would have lapped THAT one up!

;)

:lol:

I know Rooney (Wayne not Jamie), Giggs & Pearce (Macca's guest?) were there but by the looks of it Riddell may have 'ribbed' Rio Ferdinand (?), on Twitter, for not being there so I guess not all of the injured Man U players were there. :lol:

Edited by HappyDave

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

Free marketing opportunity, RFL should play on this and people like Dani Mingogues partner. Make RL trendy

They are words you rarely see together, without the word 'missed' preceding them. :dry:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

They are words you rarely see together, without the word 'missed' preceding them. :dry:

The RFL just appointed a new Director of Marketing. Can't remember his name, but I was sent a press release about it last week.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

The RFL just appointed a new Director of Marketing. Can't remember his name, but I was sent a press release about it last week.

linky

We'll have no chocolate fireguards comments please - give the lad a chance ;)

linky

A very welcome step in the right direction. He has his work cut out, particularly with the print media, who have all but given up covering our game.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Concrete kite then? ;)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

You'd expect Giggs to have an interest considering his Dads history in the game. In teh Sky magazine jamie Redknapp says he used to go watch Wigan when he was at Liverpool. Scholes and *Spit* Roy Keane used to go to Wigan with Giggs. And Pearce showing Steve Mac how to play RL was pretty funny, although I think he was just showing Mac how where he knobbled Steve Bruce and "once i got the ball there and took it all the way to there before passing it" he prob he thought he was sat next to Steve Macmanaman "Blimey you're carrying some timber Steve old lad"

Edited by scrape_goose

:lol:

I know Rooney (Wayne not Jamie), Giggs & Pearce (Macca's guest?) were there but by the looks of it Riddell may have 'ribbed' Rio Ferdinand (?), on Twitter, for not being there so I guess not all of the injured Man U players were there. :lol:

Ferdinand was otherwise engaged at the Stadium of Light.

rldfsignature.jpg

Whatever booing Giggsy got, i can assure you its nothing to what he's used to in the premier league! I can't imagine it would have bothered him one bit.

You're right but for me, and I'm no United fan by any description, the guy has had a wonderful career without any hint of scandal away from the game. It was a rugby league match not a football match. What next? Booing Duncan Preston if his character in Emmerdale turns nasty.

rldfsignature.jpg

You're right but for me, and I'm no United fan by any description, the guy has had a wonderful career without any hint of scandal away from the game. It was a rugby league match not a football match. What next? Booing Duncan Preston if his character in Emmerdale turns nasty.

No,just booing him for being in Emmerdale.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.